GITAM GAT Exam Dates are now available. Candidates can now apply for GAT 2017 through online or offline mode. Candidates can submit the GITAM GAT Application Forms till March 31, 2017. GAT PGT Application form can be filled online on the official website or can be collected in offline mode from the designated banks.
Application fee for GAT PGT Test is INR 1000 (INR 600 for female candidates). Candidates can select their desired date and slot for the GAT Test during GITAM Slot Booking. Candidates will receive the GITAM GAT Hall Ticket on the official website from April 09, 2017 onwards. No candidate will receive it by post.
GITAM GAT is scheduled from April 16- April 30, 2017 in online mode. It comprises 100 objective type questions divided in three sections. The duration of the GITAM GAT is 2 hours. 4 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
Candidates are admitted to M.Tech programs in different streams at different campuses of GITAM University. The Gitam Results will be announced on the official website on May 05, 2017. The GITAM GAT Counselling is conducted at different counselling centers mentioned on GAT PGT Call letter for counselling.
GITAM GAT 2017 Exam Dates
Candidates can now apply for GAT PGT 2017 on the official website. Candidates who wish to apply offline can also collect the GITAM GAT Application Forms from the designated banks. Last date to submit the GITAM GAT Application Form is March 31, 2017.
GAT PGT is scheduled in online mode on the designated centers from April 16- April 30, 2017. The important GITAM GAT Exam Dates are tabulated below:
|GAT PGT Application Form is available from||November 15, 2016|
|Last Date to submit GAT PGT Application Form is||March 31, 2017|
|Gitam Slot Booking begins from||April 09- April 13, 2017|
|GAT PGT Hall ticket will be available from||April 09, 2017 onwards|
|Gitam PGT will be conducted from||April 16- April 30, 2017|
|Gitam Results will be announced on||May 05, 2017|
|GAT PGT Counselling Process begins from||Mid of May 2017|
KNOW DETAILED GITAM GAT SCHEDULE
GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who satisfy the minimum GITAM GAT Eligibility can apply for the GAT Test. The miinimum age required to apply for GAT PGT is 21 years. Candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks or above in qualifying examination.
The combination of subjects required for admission to a particular M.Tech course is different and hence it is best described in the table below:
|Department||M.Tech. Program||Qualifying Examination|
|Computer Science Engg.||Computer Science and Technology||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE (Associate Member of Institution of Engineers) in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|Software Engineering||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in CSE / IT / ECE / EEE / EI / CSIT or its equivalent|
|Information Tech.||Information Technology||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|Data Sciences||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in any branch of Engineering or its equivalent|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||RF & Microwave Engineering||B.E./B/Tech./AMIE in ECE or its equivalent|
|VLSI Design||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|Digital System and Signal Processing||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|Eelctroncis & Instrumentation Engg.||Embedded Systems||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation / CSE / IT or its equivalent|
|Electronic Instrumentation||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in ECE / EEE / EIE / Instrumentation or its equivalent|
|Civil Engg.||Structural Engineering & Natural Disaster Management||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Civil Engineering or its equivalent|
|Electrical & Electronics Engg.,||Power Systems &Automation||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in EEE or its equivalent|
|Mechanical Engg.,||Machine Design||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine /Aerospace or its equivalent|
|CAD/CAM||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine / Aerospace or its equivalent.|
|CADME||B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in Mechanical/Production /Automobile /Marine / Aerospace or its equivalent.|
|Industrial Engg.||IE&M||Any Engineering Degree or its equivalent|
|Biotechnology||Biotechnology||B.Tech. in Biotechnology or B. Pharm or equivalent or B.Tech. Chemical Engineering or M.Sc.in Chemistry /Microbiology / Bioinformatics / Biotechnology) with proficiency in basic Biology and Mathematics|
|Food Processing Technology||B.Tech. Bio-Technology/Food Technology/Chemical Engineering/B. Pharmacy and MSC in
Chemistry / Food Science/Biological Science with Proficiency in Basic Biology and Mathematics
READ MORE ABOUT GITAM GAT ELIGIBILITY
GITAM GAT 2017 Application Process
The GAT PGT 2017 Application form can be obtained and filled in two ways: Online by accessing the official website or offline through post from the University.
A copy of the application form has to be sent to the following address before March 31, 2017 in both offline and online mode:
Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda,
Visakhapatnam – 530 045, Andhra Pradesh, India
Candidates must send the copy of filled GITAM GAT Application Form well in time to avoid the last minute rush. The GITAM University will not be responsible if the candidate’s application hasn’t reached on time.
Also incomplete application forms will be cancelled. No requests will be entertained if the application has reached after the last date of GAT PGT 2017 application process.
GITAM GAT Application Fee
The GAT PGT 2017 application fee is Rs. 1000 for candidates and Rs. 600 for Female candidates.
To fill the Application of GITAM GAT 2017, candidates must keep a scanned copy of their recent Passport size photograph ready. The photograph should be in .jpg and its size should be between 4kb to 50 kb.
Candidates at the time of application form filling will also have the opportunity to modify or edit the information they have provided. But this will be done before the Payment of Application Fee. Once the payment is made, candidates won’t be able to modify data.
The online application process requires four steps: Registration and Filling the personal details, Uploading the photograph, Payment of Fees and dispatching the application form to the university.
To fill the GAT PGT application form online, candidates will follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Apply Online’
- Candidates will register for the GAT Exam and will visit their GAT PGT profile to fill the Online Application Form.
- Candidates will fill their following personal details such as
- Applicant’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Name of Parent/ Guardian
- Pin Code
- Phone number with STD Code
- Mobile Number
- Email- id
- Test Preference: Fill in three preferences
- Educational Details: Details such as
- Name of college last attended
- GATE Score
- Sign the Declaration
- Applicants will upload their scanned passport size photograph
- Payment of application fees is the next step. The fees will be paid through following modes:
- Online gateways: candidates will use the credit card/ debit card to pay the fees through online gateway
- Demand Draft: Demand draft must be drawn in favour of GITAM UNIVERSITY, payable at Vishakhapatnam at any scheduled bank.
- After successful payment, candidates will download and print copy of Application form and send it the address mentioned above.
Note: If the payment is through Demand Draft then candidates must send the DD along with the application form. On the back of DD, candidate’s application number must be mentioned
If the candidates want to fill the application offline, they can do so by following the steps given below:
- Write an application mentioning the candidate’s name, the course they want to take admission in and complete mailing address. The application should be acknowledged to the Director-Admissions.
- Candidates will also send a Demand Draft of Rs. 150/- drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank
- Candidates will fill the application form and affix their recent passport size photograph.
- The filled application form has to be sent to the above mentioned address by post. Candidates will also send the application fee through Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- for male candidates and Rs. 600/- for female candidate drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank
GITAM Slot Booking
Candidates have the option of choosing the date of the GITAM GAT Exam, Test Centre and Time slot through the Online Slot Booking System. Candidates will be able to this from April 09- April 13, 2017.
The GITAM Slot Booking is an important step without which the candidate will not be allotted an admit card. To log-in into the online booking system candidates require following details:
- Candidate’s Application number
- Date of Birth
If the candidate does not book a slot before the last day then their slot will booked automatically for the last day of the examination.
GITAM GAT 2017 Admit Card
To appear for GAT Test every candidate has to bring their admit card or hall ticket to the Examination Centre on the day of the Exam. No student will be allowed to write the exam if they do not have the GITAM GAT Admit Card.
After the application process ofGAT PGT 2017 is over, candidates will be able to download their GAT PGT Hall Ticket from April 09, 2017 onwards from the official website. No Admit Card will be sent to the candidate by post.
The hall ticket is not transferable and the candidate should not indulge in unfair practices by giving their admit card to someone else. Candidates should not throw away the admit card after the exam and must keep it for Counselling Procedure.
On the day of Examination, candidates have to bring two copies of the hall ticket along with any one of the following documents of identification:
- Driving License
- EC Voter ID card
- IT PAN card
- Aadhar Card
- School/College photo-bearing ID card
Candidate must check their admit card thoroughly and if they find any mistake or if the photograph is not clear; they will immediately inform the University.
The admit card consists of important information regarding the candidate. It will have the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Admit Card/ Hall Ticket Number
- Test Centre and its address
- Date of Exam
- Time of Exam
- The course chosen by Candidate
- Candidate’s passport size photo
To download the GAT PGT 2017 Admit card, Candidate will follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Download Admit Card’
- On a redirected page, candidate will enter their Application number, Gender and Date of Birth
- A new page will show the candidate’s admit card. Candidate will download and make two copies of the admit card
READ MORE ABOUT GITAM GAT HALL TICKET
GITAM GAT 2017 Exam Centres
At the time of Application process of GAT PGT 2017 candidates will be asked to fill in three preferences for Exam Centres. After an Exam Centre has been allotted to the candidate, they will not be able to change it nor will they request the University to change it.
If a particular Exam Centre does not fill enough seats for examination, that test centre will be cancelled and the candidates will be allotted a new one. Information regarding the same will be given to the students well in time.
GITAM GAT Exam Day Instructions:
- On the day of examination, candidates will get themselves registered on the reception of the allotted test centre.
- In the examination hall candidate will be allotted a seat with a computer. It is advised that candidates reach the centre 15 minutes before the examination begins.
- No electronics are allowed in the examination hall. Candidates will not be allowed to carry any printed or written material in the examination hall.
- During the exam, no candidates will be allowed to leave the examination room. Once the candidate leaves the room, they will not be allowed to enter.
- In the examination centres, no facilities for refreshments or waiting will be provided. Candidates will not be permitted to smoke or bring refreshments to the examination hall.
- In the examination hall, candidates will sign attendance sheets provided by the invigilator.
- Candidates must maintain decorum and refrain from any unfair means in completing the examination.
- Candidate’s actions will be monitored by the administrative staff of an examination centre.
For GAT PGT 2017 exam there will be about 44 Test Centres. The List of Test Centres is mentioned in the following table:
|Bellary||Hyderabad (GITAM Campus)||Kota||Pune|
|Bengaluru (GITAM Campus)||Hyderabad (Saifabad)||Kurnool||Raipur|
|Bengaluru (City)||Hyderabad (Nagloe)||Lucknow||Rajahmundry|
GITAM GAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The GITAM GAT question paper consists of 100 multiple choice questions. The total marks of the exam are 300. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. The exam will be an online one where a question will display on the computer screen followed by four options out of which one answer will be correct.
The GAT PGT 2017 question paper will be divided into 3 sections. The exam also consists of negative marking of 1 mark on every wrong answer whereas every correct answer will lead to 3 marks. The pattern of the exam is as follows:
|Section||Name of Section||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|A||Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Data Analysis||40||120|
|B||Reasoning & Intelligence||30||90|
GITAM GAT Syllabus
The question paper of GAT PGT 2017 is divided into three sections: Numerical Data Analysis / Quantitative Analysis, Reasoning & Intelligence, Verbal Ability.
The Numerical Data Analysis / Quantitative Analysis section will have questions which will have measurable and verifiable data. Candidates will be questioned on following topics:
- Elementary Algebra
- Graphs (data interpretation)
- Relations and Functions
The reasoning and intelligence section is aimed at evaluating candidate’s analytical skills and reasoning. The topics included under this section are as follows:
- Seating Arrangement
- Matching Puzzles
- Venn Diagrams
- Number and Letter Series
- Blood Relations
- Logical Connectives
The Verbal ability section will evaluate candidate’s knowledge of English Language. The topics covered under this are as follows:
- Sentence completion
- Reading comprehension
KNOW DETAILED GITAM SYLLABUS
GITAM GAT Results
Candidates will be able to view their Result within 10 days of the GAT Test. Candidates can view their Result on the official website. The Merit list will be based on the GITAM Results.
To view the result, candidate will follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Result 2017’
- In a redirected page, candidate will enter their Hall ticket number and Date of Birth and click ‘Submit’
- Candidates will be able to see their result.
If the candidate has cleared the exam, they will be able to download their Call Letter for Counselling. To download the call letter, candidates will follow the steps below:
- Go to the ‘Result’ page through the official website
- Click on ‘Call Letter’
- On a redirected page, candidate will enter Application Number and the Security code from the given image and click ‘Download call letter’.
KNOW MORE ABOUT GITAM RESULTS
GAT PGT 2017 Courses
The various branches in which the M.Tech program is offered in the Bengaluru Campus of the GITAM University are mentioned in the table below:
|Bengaluru Campus||Cyber Security|
The candidates who wish to seek admissions in the Hyderabad campus of the GITAM University can apply for the following courses:
|Hyderabad Campus||Computer Science & Technology|
|Power Systems and Automation|
|Computer aided Design, Manufacture & Engineering|
The table below mentions the list of branches for which M.Tech program is offered at Vishakhapatnam Campus of GITAM University:
|Vishakhapatnam Campus||Computer Science & Technology|
|RF and Microwave Engineering|
|Digital Systems & Signal Processing|
|Power Systems and Automation|
|Industrial Engineering & Management|
|Structural Engineering & Natural Disaster Management|
|Food Processing Technology|
GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling Process
The Counselling for GAT PGT 2017 is schedule to occur from mid of May, 2017. The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of Rank obtained in the GAT PGT 2017.
Attending the Counselling Process will not lead to admission. Candidates have to confirm the seat allotted to them by paying the fees. Candidates will receive a Call Letter which will notify the candidate about the Counselling Centre. Candidates can obtain their Call Letter from the official website.
It is important that candidates visit the counselling centre. However, if the candidate is not able to be present at the centre, they will authorise their guardian/ parents to represent on their behalf. The representative must have the candidate’s certificates and fees.
GAT PGT 2017 Counselling Centres
Selected candidates will carry their Call Letter, Certificates and Fees to the following allotted Centres. Physically Handicapped candidates will only report to Vishakhapatnam Centre:
1. Visakhapatnam Campus of GITAM
2. Hyderabad Campus of GITAM
3. Hyderabad City
4. Bangalore Campus of GITAM
GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling Fees
At the time of counselling, candidates have to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1000/- on the reception of the Counselling. This fees is not included in course or university Fees.
Candidates who do not pay the Counselling Fees will not be allotted any seats in the university. If the seat is allotted and the candidates have still not paid the fees, their seat will be cancelled without notice.
For admission to allotted college, candidates will pay the Fees. If they fail to do so within the time period provided, their seat will be cancelled without any notice.
Important Documents for GITAM GAT Counselling
During the Counselling process of GAT PGT 2017, candidates have to produce a set of Original Certificates and two photocopies of these certificates. Failure to do so will lead to cancellation of Candidature. The documents required are as follows:
- GAT – 2017 Counselling Call Letter
- Transfer, Study and Conduct Certificates
- Integrated Community Certificate in case of SC/ST
- Medical Certificate from not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon in case of PH Candidates
- X class or Equivalent pass certificate.
- 10+2 / Intermediate marks statement and Pass Certificate
- Provisional Certificate and all marks statements of qualifying examination for admission to M.Tech. Programs.
- Residence Certificate from competent authority (at least for a period of 5 years) for claiming local category (for admissions in Bengaluru campus)
Note: Candidates who clear the GATE 2017 will be exempted from GAT PGT 2017 Exam. They will apply to GITAM University before the last day of application process and will attend the GAT PGT 2017 counselling process.
- ₹ 1000
- ₹ 600