VITMEE 2018 Exam Pattern
VITMEE 2018 will be held in the first week of June 2018. It is conducted by VIT University for admission into various postgraduate courses of M.Tech, MCA and integrated Ph.D programs for the academic year of 2017-2018.
- VITMEE 2018 will consist of objective questions in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- It is a computer based test (CBT) i.e. the mode of the exam is online.
- The duration of VITMEE is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The medium of the entrance test will be English only.
- Exam will comprise of a total of 100 questions.
- Each question carries 1 mark so the maximum marks an aspirant can score in this test is 100.
- Negative marking scheme will not be applicable.
- The syllabus of the entrance test will be based on graduation level knowledge in the respective field. There has been no change in the pattern of VITMEE exam and it will be the same as that for 2017.
Exam Pattern Highlights
The exam pattern of VITMEE 2018 will give applicants an idea about what to expect in the exam. The details about various aspects related to the entrance exam like the type of questions that will be asked in the test, marking scheme, total number of questions, mode of the exam, time duration of the exam, etc. are given in the table that follows:
|Number of sections||2|
|Question Paper type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Questions from Technical Subject||80|
|Questions from English Communication||20|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Total number of marks||100|
|Duration of exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
VITMEE 2018 Exam Pattern in detail
VITMEE 2018 will be held in the first week of June 2018. The test will comprise of a single paper scheduled to be conducted on 2 consecutive days. The subjects tested in the exam will depend on the technical subject chosen for the specialization course. The test will comprise of 100 objective type questions to be answered in 120 minutes. The student will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer, the maximum obtainable marks being 100. The details about the exam pattern are explained clearly in this article.
Mode of exam
VITMEE 2018 is a computer based test (CBT). The exam will be conducted via the online mode. Aspirants are expected to know the basic working of computers to attempt the exam.
All candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the exam. No extra time will be given to any candidate.
The test paper will be available in the English language only. It will not be provided in any other language and any request to do so will not be entertained.
Type of Question
The test will have objective type questions. All the questions will be in the form of MCQs. Every question will have 4 alternative options suggested as answers, out of which the student must choose one that seems the most appropriate answer.
Number of questions
The aspirant will be required to solve a total of 100 MCQs. The test paper will have 80 questions related to the technical subject chosen and 20 questions about English Communication.
VITMEE 2018 Marking Scheme
The applicants must know the marking scheme in order to decide how to attempt the questions in the PG entrance exam. No change is expected in the marking scheme and it is the same as it was for the year 2017. It is similar to the marking scheme used in VITEEE. The marking scheme of VITMEE 2018 is stated as follows:
- 1 mark will be awarded to the students for marking every accurate answer.
- No penalty will be charged for marking inaccurate or wrong answers i.e. negative marking is not applicable. Hence, no mark will be deducted from the total score.
- No mark will be deducted from the score of the applicant for leaving a question blank or failure in attempting it.
- The marking of two options is not possible as it is an online test.
Get Latest Admission Updates About VITMEE Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
VITMEE 2018 Qualifying Marks
VIT University has not specified any qualifying marks for VITMEE as such. Applicants will be admitted to the various courses based on merit only. A merit list of shortlisted candidates for respective courses will be declared and these applicants must attend VITMEE 2018 Counselling.
VITMEE 2018 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for VITMEE 2018 is based on the entire syllabus of graduation level in a particular field. The syllabus of various programs for the test will be given in the prospectus available on the official website. The questions will be advanced in level and will require application of the aspirant’s knowledge so as to select the best applicants. The important topics for the Technical Subject of each course that need to be studied are given below:
|Bio-Medical Engineering||Mathematics, Basics of Circuits, Transducers and Measurement, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals, Systems and Communications, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation.|
|Civil Engineering||Strength of Materials and Structural Analysis, Geo-Technical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Process Calculation and Thermodynamics, Momentum Transfer, Particle Technology, Heat Transfer and Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Technology, Mass Transfer, Biochemical Engineering.|
|Chemistry||Atomic Structure, Spectroscopy, Thermodynamics, d and f block elements, Solid State, Instrumental methods of analysis, Stereochemistry, Reaction Mechanism, Organic synthesis, Heterocyclic compounds, Biomolecules.|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Engineering Mathematics Electrical Engineering|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Engineering Mathematics and Instrumentation.|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Engineering Mathematics, Network, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Control Systems, Communication Systems, Electromagnetics.|
|Life Sciences||Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mathematical Fundamentals, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering, Current Trends in Design and Manufacturing|
|Information Technology and Computer and Communication Engineering||Engineering Mathematics, Algorithmic Analysis and Data Structures, Software Engineering and Programming,|
|MCA||Mathematics, Programming in C, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture|
Syllabus for English Communication
This section will test the candidate’s knowledge in English language. The total number of questions asked in this section will be 20. An aspirant can score well in this section. The main topics are:
- Grammar: Subject – Verb Agreement, Tense forms, Voices, Articles and Preposition, Use of Conjunctions.
- Writing Technical Instructions
- Writing Memos and Writing Minutes
- Preparing Questionnaire
- Proof Reading
Students must ensure that they follow some rules and regulations to maintain the decorum of the exam hall and to ensure that the examination proceeds properly.
- Applicants must report at their respective centre 1 hour before the exam commences. They will miss the general instructions given in the exam hall if they arrive late.
- Students must only bring their VITMEE 2018 Admit Card and blue or black ball-point pen. Forbidden items like slide rulers, calculator, logarithm table, mobile phones etc. will not be allowed inside the exam centre.
- The computer screen will display the time left for the exam to get over at the top right corner.
- To choose an answer, simply click on the suitable option using the mouse. To change your response, click on the option you wish to and that will be marked as your answer.