VITMEE 2018 will be organized for the candidates seeking admission in master courses such as MCA & M.Tech. VITMEE is a university level entrance examination which is managed by the VIT University. VITMEE stands for VIT Master’s Entrance Examination. These courses are offered by the VIT University campuses situated in Vellore & Chennai. Those candidates who have qualified the GATE exam & searching for the admission into VIT University campuses have to apply for VITMEE 2018 exam. Check this article to get complete details about VITMEE 2018.
Get Latest Admission Updates About VITMEE Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
VITMEE Exam Date
Candidates can check here tentative exam schedule for the upcoming VITMEE 2018 entrance exam:
|Issue of Application form||2nd week of March 2018|
|Last date to Fill Application Form||3rd week of May 2018|
|Slot Booking Starts||4th week of May 2018|
|Date of Exam||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
|Counselling Starts||4th week of June 2018|
VITMEE Application Form 2018
Before applying for the VITMEE application form, candidates are required to read the information brochure carefully:
- VITMEE 2018 application form will be accessible through online mode.
- The application form will be available from the 2nd week of March 2018.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph & signature.
- Keep the print copy of the application form for future reference.
- There is no need to send application form through offline mode (by post).
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 950 as an application fee. The fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates can make payment either through online mode by using net banking/ credit/ debit cards.
The eligibility criteria for VITMEE 2018 is mentioned below:
- Candidates should be permanent residence of India & should have completed their graduation from college situated in India.
- NRI/PIO & Foreign candidates can also apply but separate application form will be released.
M.Tech (Master of Technology):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their B.Tech/BE or equivalent degree from recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum aggregate of 60% or equivalent marks in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing Candidates can also apply. But they have to submit their passing certificate before 15th August 2018.
MCA (Master of Computer Application):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify their three year duration BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) from recognized university.
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass their qualifying examination with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 or graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing Candidates can also apply. But they have to produce their passing certificate before 15th August 2018.
VITMEE Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Type of Question: The question paper will be consisting of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted to the candidates for correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions|
The VITMEE syllabus is comprised of M.Tech & MCA course syllabus. The M.Tech syllabus consist of bio-medical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, electrical & electronics engineering, instrumentation engineering, electronics & communication engineering, life sciences, mechanical engineering, information technology and computer & communication engineering, nano technology, pharmacy, physics, mathematics. The MCA syllabus contains topics of Mathematics, Date Structures, Programming in C, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems & Computer Architecture.
The English Communication syllabus is common to all subjects. It comprise of Grammar, Writing Technical Instructions, Writing Memos & Writing Minutes, Transcoding, Preparing Questionnaire & Proof Reading.
- Know the complete syllabus & exam pattern of the exam.
- Candidates can buy the books from online or from the book store.
- Focus on the topics which are asked every year in the exam.
- Improve your writing skills and speed with accuracy.
- Do not try new topics at the end.
- Take a proper diet and a healthy sleep.
VITMEE Slot Booking
The slot booking process will be started from the 4th week of May 2018 through online mode. It is a web-based online scheduling system. Candidates can book a slot by using their “USER ID” & “Password”. Candidates can choose the exam center & exam schedule (date & time of exam). The slot booking will be done on first-come-first serve basis. After the completion of a slot booking, a confirmation mail will be send automatically to the candidates in their registered email id.
VITMEE Admit Card 2018
Candidates can access the admit card through online mode from our website. The Admit card will be available after the slot booking. Without a slot booking, candidates will not be able to get the admit card. There is no mode to send the admit card through offline mode. The admit card contains name of the candidate, roll no., category, gender, photograph, test venue, exam date & time, etc. Candidates will not be permitted to write the exam without a valid admit card. Candidates must keep the admit card safe with them & produce at the time of admission process.
VITMEE 2018 Results
Candidates will check their VITMEE 2018 results in the 2nd week of June 2018. The result will be declared by the conducting authority through online mode. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their application number & date of birth. On the basis of the performance in the examination, candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling.
VITMEE Counselling/Interview 2018
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling/Interview process at VIT Chennai & Vellore campuses.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be posted in our website. The conducting authority also sent personal SMS in the registered mobile number regarding to the interview/counselling.
- The counselling will be started from the 4th week of June 2018.
- Selected candidates have to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 10,000 via DD which will be drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
- Candidate’s documents will be verified during the counselling process.
Documents required at the time of Interview:
- High School & Intermediate Mark sheet
- All Years Mark Sheet of Bachelor’s degree
- Original Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Valid GATE score card (if applicable)
- VITMEE Admit Card 2017
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer (for sponsored candidates)
- DD of Rs. 10,000