VITEEE 2018: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Dates, Syllabus
The VIT University is the main authority which organizes a university level entrance examination. This examination is known as VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE). Through this exam, students will get admission into four year B.Tech Programme in the Chennai & Vellore campus of the VIT University. This exam will be organized in 118 cities of India. The exam will be organized through offline mode in the 1st week of April 2018. In this article, we are providing complete details about VITEEE 2018.
Here, we have updated tentative schedule of VITEEE 2018.
|Application Form Availability||1st week of November 2017|
|Application Form Filling Last Date||4th week of February 2018|
|Slot Booking Starts||3rd week of March 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||At the time of Slot Booking|
|Date of Exam||1st week of April 2018|
|Result Declaration||On or Before 4th week of April 2018|
|Counselling Started||2nd week of May 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About VITEEE 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
VITEEE Application Form 2018
The application form details are mentioned here:
- VITEEE 2018 Application Form will be provided through online or offline mode.
- The online application form will be issued from the website.
- Offline Application form will be provided from the designated post offices & VIT university campus.
- Candidates can get the application form from the 1st week of November 2017 till the 4th week of February 2018.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully.
- In online application, candidates have to upload the scanned images i.e. Photograph (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) & Signature (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm). The images should be in JPG/JPEG Format.
- Candidates keep the printout of the application form for future reference.
Note: In case, candidates pay the fee through DD, they have to send the hard copy of the filled application form. The application will be sent either by Registered Post or Speed Post in the given address:
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
The Application fee of OMR Application form will be Rs. 990 & Online Application Form Rs. 970. Candidates can submit the fee through internet banking facility (Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card) or DD mode. The fee is non-refundable.
Before applying for the examination, candidates can check the given eligibility criteria:
- Residence: Candidates should be Resident/Non Resident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder.
- Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1995 are eligible.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must pass their qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST & North Eastern State) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology put together.
- Candidates, those have studied in regular, full-time & formal education is alone eligible to apply.
- NIOS Candidates can also apply.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
The exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English Language.
- Question Paper Type: The questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: Total 125 questions will be asked in the examination.
- No. of Sections: The question will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology & English subjects.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of this exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes. The exam will be organized 3 sessions per day.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, one mark will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: There will be no process of negative marking.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
The syllabus of the examination will be comprised of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & English subjects. The question will come from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) & State Board of Higher Secondary Education.
- Before starting your preparation, know the exam pattern & syllabus of VITEEE 2018.
- Prepare a time table according to the subject & syllabus.
- Solve unsolved sample paper, mock tests & previous year question paper.
- Know your strong & weak points of the study.
- Practice, Practice & Practice.
- Stay fit & healthy. Eat Fresh fruits & vegetables. Avoid Junk foods.
VITEEE Slot Booking 2018
- Candidates have to book a slot according to their preferences.
- In slot booking, candidates have to select date & batch of the examination.
- The VITEEE 2018 slot booking will be done through ‘first-come first served basis’.
- If candidates forget to book a slot, the slot will be booked automatically by the University based on the details given on the application.
Note: A slot once booked cannot be changed.
VITEEE Admit Card 2018
- The admit card will be generated once the slot booking completed.
- Candidates will get the admit card through online mode from the website.
- The authority will also send the copy of admit card in your registered email id.
- The admit card contain details such as admit card number, test date & time selected by the candidate, venue of the test center, candidate photograph, etc.
- If any discrepancies found in the admit card, candidates can contact with the university immediately.
VITEEE Result 2018
- Candidates will check their results through online mode from the website.
- There is no provision to send the result by post to any candidates.
- The rank will be intimated to the candidates through SMS.
- The merit list will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the examination.
VITEEE Cut-Off 2018
The cut-off will be released by the conducting authority after the result declaration. On the basis of the cut-off marks, candidates can predict that they will get admission in their choice programme or not. The cut-off is the minimum qualifying marks which candidates have to obtain in the examination. The authority will release branch & campus wise cut-off list.
VITEEE Counselling 2018
The counselling details are given below:
- The conducting authority will conduct the counselling through online mode. It will be started from the 2nd week of May 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling procedure.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of rank in the VITEEE 2018.
- On the confirmation of seat & acceptance of branch allotted, selected candidates have to submit the fee of Rs. 50,000 through DD in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.