UPESEAT 2018 (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test) will be managed by the UPES, Dehradun. It is a university level examination. This exam is conducted for admission into 37 Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programmes in various disciplines. The University will provide admission into B.Tech course on the basis of the UPESEAT 2018 score (80%), JEE Main score (10%) & board merit (10%). In this article, we have updated the complete information about UPESEAT including application form, exam dates, exam pattern, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
Get Latest Admission Updates About UPESEAT Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
UPESEAT 2018 Exam Dates
The tentative exam date of UPESEAT is mentioned here. Soon we will update the actual schedule of exam after announced by the university.
|Starting of online application form||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date to apply||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of May 2018|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling Date for board merit students||3rd week of June 2018|
|Counselling for JEE Main Applicants||3rd week of June 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling Starts||4th week of June 2018|
UPESEAT Application Form 2018
Interested candidates can check here details of the UPESEAT 2018 application form:
- The application form will be issued through online or offline mode.
- UPESEAT online application form will be provided from our website.
- Offline application along with the prospectus will be available from the admission counters at Delhi/Dehradun/Ahmedabad/Chandigarh/Cochin/Coimbatore/Hyderabad/Kolkata/ Mumbai & by sending DD in favor of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi.
- The application form will be released from Last week of December 2017 to 1st week of May 2018.
- Candidates have to upload a passport size scanned photograph in the application form.
- Keep the print copy of the filled application form for further reference.
Online – Rs. 1850/-
Offline – Rs. 1750/-
The application fee is Rs. 1850/- (through DD/Online) & Rs. 1750/- (through cash). Candidates can make online payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
The eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidate’s date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1996.
Exam Pathway (Up to 80% seat distribution)
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass their 10th and 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks in the qualifying examination above.
- Subjects: Candidates must qualify their 10+2 exam with PCM & secure at least aggregate 60% marks.
Non-Examination Pathway (Up to 20% seats distribution)
For Board Merit:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their 10th and 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to obtain at least 80% marks in the above examination.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass their Senior Secondary level (12th) examination with PCM & score minimum 60% aggregate marks.
For JEE Main Merit:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify the Higher & the Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks in the 10+2 examination.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass their 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects.
- JEE Mains cut-off to apply for a UPESEAT will be declared after JEE Mains 2018.
UPESEAT Exam Pattern
Check UPESEAT 2018 exam pattern below:
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be three hours (3 hours).
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be Objective Type Question.
- No. of Questions: In question paper, total 200 questions will be asked in the entrance exam.
- Subjects: The question paper will come from the Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language Comprehension & Current Affairs Awareness.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision of negative marking.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
There is no particular syllabus prescribed by the exam conducting authority. Candidates can study thoroughly the topics & chapters of class 11th & 12th NCERT Books. Candidates can study the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness. Candidates can refer the JEE Main syllabus for PCM sections.