TNEA 2018: Anna University, Chennai will manage TNEA 2018 for offering admission to the engineering courses such as B.Tech/B.E in Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA 2018) is an admission process conducted for providing admission into various engineering courses.
Candidates should note that there is no entrance test for UG Engineering courses offered by the university. Through TNEA 2018 candidates can get direct admission to various engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. However, for this they need to satisfy the required eligibility criteria. Applicants can check the complete details on TNEA 2018 from this article.
TNEA Admission Dates
Here, we are providing a tentative schedule of TNEA 2018 admission:
|Notification Release Date||In the month of April 2018|
|Application form Availability Date||3rd week of April 2018|
|Form Filling Last Date||Last week of May 2018|
|Merit/Rank List Publication Date||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling Started||4th week of June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About TNEA 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
TNEA Application Form 2018
- Candidates will get the application form through online mode or offline mode.
- The TNEA 2018 application form will be issued from the 3rd week of April 2018 till Last week of May 2018.
- TNEA Online Registration link will be provided in our website.
- Candidates will get the offline application from the TNEA designated center or by post.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instruction carefully & fill form correctly.
- After filling the TNEA online application form 2018, candidates have to submit the form along with the relevant documents in the given address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600025\
Candidates can make payment through online and offline mode. The application fee is given below:
- Offline mode: Candidates have to submit Rs. 700 (For General) & Rs. 450 (For ST/SC/OBC).
- Online mode: Candidates have to deposit Rs. 500 (For General) & Rs. 250 (For ST/SC/OBC).
Candidates have to check their eligibility first and then proceed to fill the application form. The TNEA eligibility criteria are given here:
- Candidates, those belong to the Tamil Nadu state & complete their 10+2 education from the state is eligible.
- Candidates, those don’t belong to the Tamil Nadu state, but pass their 10+2 education from the state can apply.
- Native candidate of Tamil Nadu who passes their 10+2 examination from another state can also apply but they have to submit a valid nativity certificate.
- Children of central government employees can also apply for the admission process. They have to show their parents/guardians native certificates who have been serving in Tamil Nadu for last five years continuously.
- Daughters & Son of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply for this exam.
- Age Limit:Candidate’s age should be not less than 18 years & not exceed 25 years.
- Relaxation:There is an age relaxation for the reserved category as per the university rules.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM as a compulsory subject from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score 50% marks (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category).
TNEA Seats Reservation
The state of Tamil Nadu provides reservation of seats for various categories/category under TNEA Admission. The candidate willing to apply for reservation will have to meet all of the required criteria to be eligible. The following percentage of seats is reserved for each category.
Read following detail of TNE Seat Reservation mentioned below:
Reservation of seats for TNEA
|S.NO||Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|3||Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|4||Most Backward Class & De-notified Communities||20%|
|6||Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
TNEA Admit card
TNEA Admit cards will available in the month of June. Those candidate successfully submitted their application can only download their hall ticket. Through online, official portal of authority candidates can download their TNEA hall ticket/admit cards.
Hall ticket is mandatory document keep it safe till the completion of exams. TNEA Hall ticket is a valuable documents for applies to enter into the examination center. Hall ticket contains candidate’s related detail like candidates name, roll number, address, center and birth of date etc. If candidates fail to bring hall ticket candidates will not be allowed to write paper in examination hall.
Instruction to Download TNEA Admit Card:
The candidates, who are searching for TNEA Admit Card, are suggested to follow below-mentioned steps in order to access required Admit Card.
- Visit the official web portal.
- Click on the link Download TNEA Admit Card
- Now, enter all the required details and click on submit.
- Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Take print out of the admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
TNEA Answer Key
After the exams, Candidate has to wait nearly one month until the declaration of result. Through answer key candidates can get to know their approximate marks and rank in advance, it will help the students in the selection of their course and college. TNEA Answer key will be released in set and section.
Set of question paper such as A, B, C, D and there will be three sections physics, chemistry & math. Separately TNEA answer key will be issued for different sets and sections in websites. Candidates have to download TNEA answer key according to set and section wise. Otherwise, calculation of marks or ranks will be wrong.
Through this candidate can roughly check their marks and estimate written in an examination. This will help candidates to prepare for further admission steps.
Candidates can download their result from official portal. Authority will released TNEA result in online mode in the month of May or June. Candidates are advised to keep printed copies of TNEA result for further use and admission process. No authority will be send TNEA result to candidates’ residential address.
To check the TNEA result candidates have to enter his/her name registration ID, Date of birth and the security code displayed on the screen. If candidates type incorrect detail screen will show error for correct detail candidates have to enter correct detail in it.
How to Download the Result
The following steps are given to download the TNEA result:
- The candidates have to visit the official website of the board.
- The candidates have to search for the link related to “Download the TNEA Result 2018-19” and click on that link.
- The candidates should enter the required details like roll number, registration number and submit that page.
- After submitting the page, the result will appear on the screen.
- Now, candidates can download the result and keep some extra printouts for further use.
Candidates interested to attain TNEA counseling have to download letter of counseling from official portal. TNEA Admission process will be started after the result announced to candidate. The Counseling will be started in the month of June. Candidates have to fill their choices of colleges for admission. According to candidates rank in the rank list will be invited for counseling process.
For providing admission in colleges, seats will be allotted as per the candidate’s rank, availability of seats in colleges & filled choices. Candidates have to bring all required document with them for verification and registration.
Candidates whose documents found incorrect that candidate admission will be cancelled. Detail of counselling of TNEA is given below in detail.
The TNEA counselling procedure will take place in following steps:
- Candidates will be called for counselling process on the basis of their merit list.
- The counselling will be started from the 4th week of June 2018.
- On the basis of merit and communal reservation, the seat will be allotted to the candidates in various colleges of Tamil Nadu.
- In counselling process, the college/branches will be allotted to the candidates.
- During counselling, candidates have to show their original documents for verification.
- Candidates have to pay the initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 1000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) by making payment in cash or DD as a counselling fee.
Documents Required during Counselling:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Identity proof
- Six passport size photograph
Candidates can apply for admissions through TNEA through the below mentioned modes:
- In person: Through 50 TNEA Admission centers
- Postal: Only from Anna University, the Centre for Entrance Examinations and Admissions Internet: Though Anna University official website
- Candidates have to submit their duly filled TNEA 2017 application form either in-person or by post along with photocopies of their mark sheets, age proof and copes of all relevant certificates at the address mentioned here before the due date: Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai.
TNEA Selection Process
After normalising marks scored by candidates (across all boards), the final merit list followed by TNEA rank list is prepared on the following factors:
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in Chemistry
- Percentage of marks in the 4th optional subject
- Date of Birth (elder candidates are given preference)
TNEA rank list is published depending on the overall rank, community-wise and region-wise.
Different college has different cut-0ff marks for courses. Every year candidates change cut-off marks. On the bases of cut-off marks, the candidate will be given admission. Merit list will be prepared according to candidates score marks in the examination.
In those bases, the deserving candidate will be given admission. Cut-0off marks will be released in online mode. TNEA exams cut-off marks depend on factors like a number of candidates, availability of seats, 10+2 performance of the candidate, etc.
Category wise cut-off marks are set Like candidates belongs to reserved categories -SC, ST, OBC, and general category have different cut-off marks. Different colleges, institution & courses have different cut-off marks.
TNEA Cut-off marks highlights, factors to calculate, previous years cut-off marks etc. are mentioned below:
Highlights of TNEA Cutoff
Below is given some important details related TNEA highlighted cut-off marks:
- The cutoff of TNEA to be published online by Anna University, Tamil Nadu.
- TNEA cutoff is the minimum score that candidates must obtain for admission into the various B.Tech programmes offered the Participating Institutes of TNEA
- Around 50 member institutes will individually set the cutoff for each of the Branches offered by them.
- Every member institute will declare the cutoff in the form of opening and closing marks
- The cutoff marks of TNEA 2017 will be used to filter candidates for the preparation of the rank list.
- The merit list of TNEA 2017 will be drawn on the basis of the minimum cutoff which will be prepared based on the scores obtained by candidates in class 12 Boards in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject.
- On the basis of the TNEA Cutoff, the university will shortlist candidates for participating in the counselling of TNEA.
- Candidates will be granted admission on he basis of cutoff and rank list provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria of TNEA.
Factors to calculate TNEA Cutoff
Some important details related to factors to calculate TNEA Cutoff is as given below:
- The total number of candidates who have applied for TNEA Admission.
- The total number of seats available in each Branch of the undergraduate engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The cutoff score declared by the institutes in the previous year.
- The Reservation Criteria of TNEAfor candidates belonging to different category
- The overall performance of candidates in class XII or any other equivalent examination.