PU CET 2018 Result will be declared in the month of May 2018 by Punjab University. The university conducts Common Entrance Exam in the month of June and July every year for their UG and PG Courses.
- The exam will consist of two parts, Written Test and Qualifying Exam.
- The percentage for both the exams will be differing for each course.
- Punjab University accepts registration for the exam only through online mode.
- Candidate will have to secure a minimum percentage to qualify the exam.
- The results from the Entrance Test and Qualifying Exam will contribute to the admission.
- The marks obtained by candidate will not be displayed during the announcement of the results.
- PU CET Results 2018 can be only checked online in the university website.
- The university will not send or intimate candidate directly through the website.
Once qualified, candidate will have to apply for admission. The university will then prepare the merit list and call for counseling. Candidates who have secured the highest marks will be called first and the other will follow. PU CET for UG and PG Courses will be conducted separately. The list of courses is inclusive of Law, MCA, MA, M.Tech, ME, M.Sc, M.com, M.A.B.E, M.E.F.B, MBA, M.P.Ed, B.P.Ed, B.Pharm and B.SC.
The PU CET Result will be announced on the official website in the month of July 2018. The candidates will be given admissions to B.Sc on the basis of the PU-CET (U.G. & BHMS) result. Once the result card is made available online on the official website, the candidate can download the results from the website. No separate scorecards will be sent to candidates. The PU CET result will strictly be based on the candidate’s performance in the PU CET 2018 exam.
How to get the results:
The result is expected to be displayed on the official website by the second week of June 2018. The candidates should follow the below-mentioned steps in order to access the result.
- Open the official website
- Click on the link for the PU CET Result 2018 “Click here to check PU-CET (U.G. & BHMS) – 2018 Entrance Test Result”
- Check the result for your stream
- The PU CET merit list will be displayed.
Reservation for PU CET 2018:
The reservation scheme for the courses will vary based on the program. The detailed reservation criteria have been given below.
- 1 seat is reserved for the student of foreign origin nominated by Government of India.
- 1 seat is reserved for a student from the States and Union Territories lacking facilities in this field and repatriates from Myanmar (Burma), Sri Lanka etc.
- 2 seats are reserved for the students from rural area category and 1 seat for Border Area student.
- 2 seats are reserved for single girl child with no male siblings
- 1 seat is reserved for a student suffering from Cancer/AIDS/ Thalassemia.
- Additional seats will be created for children of officers who have served during Kargil war.
Merit list preparation for PU CET 2018:
The merit list of the candidates will be created following the below guidelines.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biotechnology
- Physics, Chemistry and Computer Sciences
- Mathematics only.
The weight of the written exam is 75% and the 12th board scores are 25%.
Answer key for PU CET 2018:
- The PU CET exam paper and the answer key will be published online post exams.
- In case there is an error in that, the students need to write an official letter which must reach the office within 2 days of the answer key get published.
- Their valuation of the answer sheet can take place, the candidates have to send a demand draft to the office.
- This must be done within 10 days of the results being published.
Get Latest Admission Updates About PUCET Result 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Dates for PUCET Result
PU CET 2018 Result is a combination of Common Entrance Test and Qualifying Exam. Punjab University has determined equal importance to both exams for selection of candidates. The important dates of the exam are:
|UG Qualifying Exam – 12th exam||April 2018|
|UG Qualifying Exam – 12th exam announcement||May 2018|
|PG Qualifying Exam – UG Exam result announcement||May 2018|
|PU CET Application (UG & PG)||May 2018 (Post announcement of 12th result)|
|PU CET Exam (UG & PG)||June 2018|
|PU CET Merit List announcement (UG & PG)||July 2018|
|PU CET Counselling||August 2018|
How to Check PU CET 2018 Result?
PU CET 2018 result will be announced in Punjab University Website, www.puchd.ac.in. The result will be notified individually to candidates by email or post. The announcement of the result will be notified to candidates through newspapers and digital medium. Once the results are announced, candidates will have to follow the below steps to view their results:
- Visit the official website of Punjab University
- The side bar will contain navigation details to various pages
- Click on the admission link and visit the UG or PG page based on the exam applied by candidate
- Go to the check result login
- The login details are the registration number of candidate. This number is allotted to candidate at the time of applying
- The result will be displayed on the webpage
Details on Score Card
PU CET 2018 does not have a score card. Candidates will not be notified of their scoring marks. The university has determined a set cut off for qualifying the exam. Candidates will have to score a minimum of 15 % to quality for the exam. Candidates from SC/ST categories will be an exemption of 5 % for the qualifying score.
The merit list will be based on the qualifying score and Entrance Test results. The percentage varies from 25 % to 50% depending on the exam.
Normalization of Scores
University has determined a set of norms to qualify candidates who score the same mark in the exam. Qualifying examination marks is considered to the highest in both the exams. In case of equal score, then candidates with the highest age is considered for the seat.
PU CET Answer Key
The university releases the answer key after the exam. Candidates can pay Rs.10000 and apply for revaluation. The university will refund the amount if the appeal is valid. If the appeal is not valid, then the university will not refund the amount.
PU CET Merit List
The result and merit list will be announced in two different dates. The merit list will carry the list of candidates who has qualified in the CET. The merit list will be a combination of common entrance test and qualifying exam. The percentage of both the exams will differ for each course. The university has determined the list of combinations of the subjects for each course
- Science & Biology
- Science & Mathematics
- Science & Biotechnology
- Science and Computer Sciences
The merit list will determine the college and course allotted for candidate. The higher the marks, candidate will have more chances on getting the preferred course.
PU CET Cut off
PU CET cut off marks will be determined by the marks scored by candidate in the Common Entrance Test. The exam will be conducted for a total mark of 150 and for a total duration of two hours. Candidate will have to score a minimum of 15% to qualify for the exam. The minimum cut off required is as follows
General – 15%
SC / ST / PwD – 10%
The cut off percentage might vary for a few courses in both UG and PG Programmes
PU CET 2018 Counselling
PU CET 2018 Counselling will happen in the first week of July. The counselling will be conducted online. Once the merit list is published, candidate will be asked to select the desired course and college. The university will filter and check the selection along with the merit list. The counselling date will be intimated through email. The counselling intimation will contact details like name of candidate, random number, rank secured, counselling date. Counseling time and venue details. The email will also contain detailed instruction on the do’s and dont’s of the counseling and the documents to carry.
The initial round of PU CET counselling will be conducted online. Once accepted, the university will intimate the approved college and schedule for visiting the college. Candidates will have to attend the interview without fail to confirm the allotted seat. Candidates will be asked to attend the interview in the college of their choice. Given below are a few key points to be noted
- Counselling will be conducted in online mode only
- Candidates will be expected to pay the counselling fees at the time of selection
- Candidates can select a maximum of 5 courses and colleges
- 2 courses of the same college will be considered as two different preferences
- Candidates are advised to check the university website for updates
- Candidates will be expected to pay the course fees at the time of selection
- Candidates should visit the college at the allotted time for document verification
- If candidate does not show up, then the seat will be re-allotted to next eligible candidate
- Allocation of seats is based on the ranks secured in the merit list
- Candidates should carefully select the details while filling in the online counselling form as it cannot be modified
- Candidates should carry all necessary documents in both original and Xerox copies for documentation and submission
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Category certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- Special Category Certificate
- UG Certificate and Mark sheets in case of PG Application
We highly recommend that candidate is accompanied by an adult / guardian at the time of counselling, document verification and admission for guidance and support
Once the course and college are allotted, the college / university will issue the admission letter. Candidates will be expected to pay the admission fees as an acknowledgement of the seat. The admission letter is a mandatory and important document as candidate will have to produce the letter during the course of admission. Candidates can pay a part of the admission fee as a sign of acceptance. A signed copy of the letter will be sent to the college for documentation. The admit letter will contain details like
- Candidate Name
- Date of Joining
- College Name
- College Address
- Counselling Date & Time
- Signature of Issuing Authority