PUCET 2018 : Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PU CET) is a state level entrance exam conducted by Punjab University, Chandigarh for candidates seeking admission to the various undergraduate programs under PU CET UG and Master’s degree programs under PU CET PG as offered by the university.
- The master’s degree courses include various program under law, journalism, public health, disaster management, technology, engineering, arts, and computer science.
- The tentative date for PU CET 2018 is the third week of May, 2018.
- Candidates will have to register online to appear for the exam.
- The online registration process will start from the 2nd week of April 2018.
- Candidates need a minimum qualification of 10+2 to appear for PU CET UG 2018.
- For PU CET PG 2018, the eligibility criteria will vary according to the program the candidate opts for.
The exam offers admission to the following undergraduate courses:
- B.Pharmacy (Credit Based Semester System)
- B.Sc (Hons) at the Panjab University Campus
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) at Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
PUCET Exam Dates 2018
In the below table, we are providing the tentative exam dates of PUCET 2018:
|Notification released for online application||3rd week of March 2018|
|Last date of receipt of application form||4th week of April 2018|
|Admit card||3rd week of May 2018|
|Exam date for UG||1st week of June 2018|
|Exam date for PG||2nd week of June 2018|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About PUCET 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
PUCET Application Form 2018
Candidates can apply online after reading the information brochure carefully.
- Application form for B.Sc (Hons. School) and B.Pharma can be accessed from the website after the declaration of PUCET (UG & BHMS) entrance exam.
- No application form can be accepted after the last date of receipt of application form.
- The last date to submit the application form is the last week of April 2018.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned photo, signature and thumb impression.
- Keep the printout of the application form safe for the further procedure of admission.
- For General category candidates, the application fee is Rs. 1760/-.
- For SC/ST/Blind category candidates, the fee is Rs. 880/-.
- The application fee can be paid through SBI bank challan.
- The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility conditions to appear PUCET 2018:
- Nationality: Indian National candidates are eligible to apply (except NRI quota).
- Age: For BHMS, candidates must complete the age of 17 years as on 31st December at the time of admission.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must qualified/appearing the 10+2 examination from Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi or equivalent board.
- Subjects: To be eligible for BHMS course, the 12th exam must be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
PUCET Exam Pattern 2018
The complete exam pattern for PUCET exam is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted through offline mode (OMR sheet).
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 2 marks will be awerded.
- Negative Marking: 1/4 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Duration of Exam: For each paper, 70 minutes will be given.
- Medium of Examination: The language of the exam will be English only.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
Candidates are required to choose the appropriate combination of subjects as per his/her subjects studied in 12th class.
The syllabus will be based on 12th standard. It will contain the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science and Mathematics as per the course opted by the candidates. Candidates must prepare well their subjects of qualifying exam.
PU CET 2018 ADMIT CARD
Candidates will be issued the admit card after they have successfully registered themselves. Candidates can download the admit card from the respective official websites of PU CET UG 2018 and PU CET PG 2018. Candidates will need their login id and password created at the time of registration to get their admit card for PU CET 2018.
Candidates must the following details relevant to their PU CET 2018 admit card:
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
- Candidates must take multiple printouts of the admit card and keep it safely as they will need it for verification purpose at every level of the admission process.
- Candidates must check that all details given on the admit card are correct or not. Candidates must raise an immediate concern if any detail is found incorrect.
Candidates must note that PU CET UG 2018 and PU CET PG 2018 are conducted only in the Panjab University campus in Chandigarh
PU CET 2018 RESULT
The results for PU CET 2018 will be declared tentatively in July 2018. Once the score card is made available online on the official PU CET 2018 website, the candidate can download his or score card from the website. No separate score cards will be mailed to the candidates individually. PU CET score and merit list will strictly be based on the candidate’s’ performance in PU CET 2018.
- Candidates will have to follow the steps listed below to get their score card.
- Candidates will have to first open the official website
- Candidates will then have to click on the link for the PU CET result 2018 “Click here to check PU CET (U.G. & BHMS) – 2018 Entrance Test Result”
- Candidates will then have to select the stream he or she has applied to and check the result for that stream
Answer Key for PU CET 2018
The answer key for PU CET 2018 will be published on the official website after the exam is over. If the students feel there is a disparity in their marking, they must write an official letter to the exam conducting body within 2 days of declaration of the answer key.
PU CET 2018 Seat Reservation
There is reservation of seats for PU CET 2018. The following list gives a detailed idea about the reservation of seats for PU CET 2018:
- 1 seat is reserved for a student of foreign origin nominated by Government of India.
- 1 seat is reserved for a student from the States and Union Territories lacking facilities in this field and repatriates from Myanmar (Burma), Sri Lanka etc.
- 2 seats are reserved for the students from rural area category
- 1 seat is reserved for a student from Border Area
- 2 seats are reserved for single girl children with no male siblings
- 1 seat is reserved for student suffering from diseases like Cancer/ AIDS/ Thalassemia.
- Additional seats will be created as required for children of officers who have served during Kargil war
PU CET 2018 Merit List
The merit list for the candidates appearing for PU CET 2018 will be created based on the categories given below:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Physics, Chemistry and Computer Sciences
- Mathematics only
For the merit list, the weightage of the written exam is 75% and the 12th board scores is 25%.
PU CET 2018 COUNSELLING
PU CET 2018 counselling process will be conducted online. Candidates must fill their preferences online for admission to the various courses. The seats will be allotted based on PU CET 2018 Merit List. Some of the important points related to PU CET counselling are listed below:
- The counselling schedule will be published on the official Panjab University website. Candidates must keep a check on that for accurate details.
- The candidate will have to submit the Counselling fee either through online mode (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or offline at the University.
- Candidate will get a seat based on the PU CET 2018 merit list and provisional Admission letter.
- Candidates will have to report to the counselling centre within the stipulated time with all the required documents (10th and 12th Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card etc) and counselling fee.
- If the candidate fails to report on time or pay the counselling fee, his or her application will be rejected.
- Seats will be allotted online so Candidates can regularly check University Website
- Candidates should carefully fill in the preferences and options. No change will be allowed after they have locked in their preference.
- The admission dates and timing of reporting will be displayed along with the Merit list on the Panjab University website.