Pondicherry University 2018- Application form, Eligibility, Date
Pondicherry University was came into existence in 1985 that offers various PG, Doctoral & Integrated Research courses in the field of engineering, arts, business administration, science & many others. The applications will be invited from eligible applicants for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam in the 1st week of April 2018. The interested applicants can check the relevant details about this examination from this article below.
Pondicherry University Exam Dates
Below, we have mentioned the tentative schedule of Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2018.
|Application Form Availability||1st week of April 2018|
|Last date to fill the application form||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Issued||3rd week of May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Exam||Last week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About Pondicherry University 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form
The university will provide the application form from 1st week of April 2018. Check below for other details about Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form.
- Candidates can fill & submit the application form through online mode.
- The last date to fill the application form will be 1st week of May 2018.
- Candidates have to apply separately for each course.
- Fill all the required details carefully. Any wrong information will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
- Candidates have a valid email id & mobile number to fill the application form.
- Keep the scanned image of passport size photograph. The size of the photograph should be 140 x 160 (not larger than 60Kb size).
- For the Defense Personnel, they have to submit the print copy of the filled application form via post to the address given below:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic-Admissions)
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605014
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or offline (Challan in Indian Bank) mode.
- For each course, candidates have to pay Rs. 250 (Rs. 125 for SC/ST category).
- Fee will be exempted for the differently abled candidates.
- The application fee for NRI and Overseas students is Rs. 1000.
The eligibility criteria for PG, Ph.D, Integrated and PG Diploma programmes are different. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should pass their 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must hold the Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam. In some other courses, a minimum 55% mark is required.
PG Diploma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their master degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 systems.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to qualify their qualifying examination with minimum 55% marks.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must study under 10+2+3 pattern (or 10+2+5) & completed their master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score minimum 55% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying examination.
Pondicherry University Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode (computer based online test).
- Type of Question: The question paper will be of a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 question will be asked in the examination.
- Duration: The duration of the examination will be two hours (120 minutes).
- Total Marks: The total exam will be of 400 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given to the candidates for the each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
Pondicherry University Syllabus
The syllabus for the Pondicherry University entrance exam is different for all courses. Candidates can check their syllabus according to the course for which they are appeared. The syllabus will be prescribed by the university itself. For complete syllabus topic wise, candidates can go through the prospectus published by the university.
For the best preparation of Pondicherry University Entrance Examination, candidates can follow the given tips & tricks:
- Candidates must know the complete syllabus thoroughly for the exam.
- Cover each & every topic of the subject.
- Do not try to study the new topics at the end of the exam preparation. Revise the topics & chapter you already prepared.
- Make separate notes of your own.
- Make a proper timetable for your study.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
|Schedule Castes (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Person with Disability||3%|
|Candidates from the Union Territory of Puducherry||25%|
Pondicherry University 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued by the conducting authority through online mode. Candidates will be able to get the admit card from the 3rd week of May 2018. Candidates have to bring valid admit card in the examination centre. No entry will be allowed without the admit card. The admit card will consist of candidate & exam details such as name of the candidate, roll number, category, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
Pondicherry University Result 2018
Pondicherry University 2018 Result will be released in the first week of June 2018. The result will be declared through online mode. No other mode will be entertained to check the result. Candidates will check their results by entering their application number and date of birth. After the announcement of the result, the separate merit list will be made according to the courses on the basis of the marks secured in the exam. The merit list will be published by the authority through online mode. Only selected candidates will be intimated of their selection.
The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates have to score in the examination to get admission into their choice course. To get admission into Ph.D course, the minimum cut-off for the GEN category will be ½ of the average of the examination, which is secured by the candidates in the respective subject. For OBC/ST/SC/PwD category, the minimum cut-off will be 10% below the cut-off marks of the GEN category.
Pondicherry University 2018 Admission
The admission into PG/PG Diploma programme will be based on the marks scored in the examination. Candidates, those want to get admission into Ph.D course, they are selected on the basis of the marks get in the entrance exam, personal interview & academic records. The common merit list will be prepared by the university as per the entrance exam (70%) and PI & academic records (30%). The direct admission to Ph.D. programme will be offered to the NET/JRF qualified candidate with fellowships. No separate call letter/select card/ admission information will be sent to the selected or wait-listed candidates.