PGIMER 2018:Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
PGIMER 2018 (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh) is conducted in 2 sessions- January and July. It is held for admissions to PG courses such as MD, MS, DM, MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) and other PG courses.
- PGIMER 2018 application process will start in March 2018.
- Candidates can fill PGIMER 2018 Application form in online mode only.
- The application fee is INR 1000/- for general category and INR 800/- for SC/ST/OBC category.
- PGIMER 2018 exam will be held in May 2018.
- PGIMER 2018 Results are expected to be out by the last week of November 2017.
- Candidates have to carry PGIMER 2018 admit card along with an identity proof to the exam center.
- Exam will be held in offline mode and is a 3-hour test.
- Questions will be of objective type and there is negative marking.
PGIMER 2018 results will be declared online on May 2018. PGIMER 2018 Counselling and Seat Allocation process will be conducted in four rounds starting from June 2018.
PGIMER Exam Dates 2018
Here, we are mentioning the tentative exam schedule of PGIMER for various courses:
For DM/M.Ch/MHA/PhD/House Job/M.Sc/M.Sc (MLT):
|Online application starts||3rd week of September 2017|
|Last date of application form||3rd week of October 2017|
|Last date to deposit the fee||Last week of October 2017|
|Admit card released||One week before the exam|
|House Job/M.Sc/M.Sc (MLT) exam date||Last week of November 2017|
|Ph.D exam date||1st week of December 2017|
|DM/M.Ch/MHA exam date||3rd week of December 2017|
|Online registration starts||4th week of September 2017|
|Last date of registration||3rd week of October 2017|
|Last date to deposit the fee||3rd week of October 2017|
|Admit card published||Before one week of the exam|
|MD/MS exam date||3rd week of November 2017|
|Result Published||Last week of November 2017|
|1st counselling||3rd week of December 2017|
|2nd counselling||2nd week of January 2018|
|3rd counselling||3rd week of December 2018|
|4th counselling||Last week of January 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About PGIMER 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
PGIMER Application Form 2018
- Students can avail the PGIMER 2018 prospectus and application form from the website.
- Students can fill the application form through online mode.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph ad signature in JPEG format. The size of the images should not exceed than 50KB.
- Students are required to keep safe the application number and Password for future use.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form for further references.
- Students can pay the fee through SBI Bank Challan.
- Application fee for General category is Rs. 1000/-.
- For SC/ST/PwD category, application fee is Rs. 800/-.
- PwD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
The eligibility criteria for PGIMER courses are listed below:
- Qualifying Exam: For MD/MS courses, student must hold the MBBS or equivalent Degree recognized from Medical Council of India. For MDS programmes, students must have the BDS Degree from Panjab University recognized under Dental Council of India. Students should have the MD/MS Degree for DM course.
- Internship: Candidates must have completed or due to complete one year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively.
- Applicant must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2018
Check the exam pattern of PGIMER 2018 from the below section:
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours will be provided to complete the exam.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be base on Objective Type Questions.
- Number of Questions: There are total 200 questions in the exam.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will held in offline mode.
- Negative Marking: There is a provision of negative marking in PGIMER entrance exam.
PGIMER Admit Card
As every candidate know hall ticket is a mandatory documents without it candidate will be not allowed to attain exams paper in exams center. It is candidate responsibility to keep their hall ticket safe till the completion of exams. Candidate can download their hall ticket through online, official portal.
Candidate who successfully registered their document can download admit card/hall ticket. Hall ticket contains candidate related detail like candidate name roll number, center, address, birth of dates, and ID. Candidate is requested to keep printed copies of hall ticket for further use.
- Only those candidates will be able to get the admit card who have successfully submitted their online application form.
- PGIMER Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode.
- Candidates can download the hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- The admit card will contain details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center on the day of the examination.
Admit Card can be downloaded by following the given below steps:
- Log on to the official website of PGIMER
- Log in using your unique User ID and password, created at the time of filling PGIMER Application Form
- Download the PGIMER Admit Card
- Take the printout of the same
Result of PGIMER exams will be released on 2nd or 3rd week of May. Candidates can check their result through online, official portal of authority. Candidate is suggested to keep printed copies of result for further use and admission process.
Candidate have to enter their application number and date of birth in official portal if candidate type wrong detail in site the page will show error. For correct page type correct detail in it.
Candidate can save result in phone/Laptop or can take screenshot of result for further use. Personally result will be not sent to any candidate or by via post.
- Candidates can view their score through the login window on the official website.
- Candidates can check the PGIMER Result in the second week of January.
- The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually.
- PGIMER score card will be made available via online mode through the website.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the result for further use.
Follow the steps provided below to check PGIMER Result:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on “Result link”.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Check your PGIMER
PGIMER Answer Key
Candidate attains exams, after few days can check the PGIMER Answer key. Through online, official portal of authority candidate can check out answer key of PGIMER. This will show their performance and according to that candidates can prepare for further steps.
Candidate can estimate marks and roughly check question answer written in examination. This will help candidate to roughly check marks of exams.
Below is given detail of PGIMER answer key:
- The answer key will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the PGIMER
- PGIMER answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
PGIMER Counselling: –
Candidate will be given seat according to their performance in entrance test. Candidate interested for counseling can download letter od counseling from official site. For admission 4 round is set from that whichever candidate passed those candidate will be given admission.
Candidate while attaining PGIMER counseling bring original required document for registration and verification. If candidate submit incorrect document for registration and found in scrutiny that candidate admissions will be cancelled.
How To Apply
- Firstly all the candidates have to visit the official website: http://pgimer.edu.in
- Then click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Then fill all the details as asked like Personal details, education Qualification etc.
- Then you will get the option of making the payment online or Offline mode.
- Then click on the link as per your suitability.
- If you are going to make the payment online then you can make the payment either Net Banking or Debit Card.
- At last, take the print out of application form and keep it with you for future use.
Documents to be needed at the time of counseling:
- MBBS Degree Certificate
- 10thcertificate or its equivalent
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- Certificate of internship
- Caste certificate
- Rural certificate
- 3 copies of latest passport size photograph
PGIMER Cut Off Marks
Candidate score above cut-off marks will get admission in college. Different college have different cut- off marks. Every college change cut off marks according to candidate appearing PGIMER marking scheme, the number of seats and difficulty level of the entrance exams.
Candidate should know previous and present year cut off marks. This will help- candidates to select Favorit College according to their marks.
Below is given Cut-off marks of PGIMER:
|1.||Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th Percentile|
|2.||OBC, OPH. SC/ST. Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|3.||Bhutanese Nationals||45th Percentile|
PGIMER Calculation of Score
The method of calculation of score has been mentioned below for applicants to refer to.
- The score of PGIMER will be calculated in a very objective manner without any human bias and subjectivity.
- PGIMER Question Paper consists of 250 questions, each with five response option.
- One or more of these five responses can be correct. In total, there are 1250 responses.
- There are some correct responses in the question paper (a) and some incorrect responses (b, so that a+b = 1250).
- The candidates’ responses are to the 1250 possible responses are matched with the true answer with the help of customized software.
- True correct responses are given positive marks while incorrect responses are marked negatively. Blank responses are not evaluated.
Formula used to calculate the percentage score of PGIMER exam:
- The calculation of the PGIMER 2017 Percentage Score is through a formula: [x/a-y/b] x 100.
- For example: A candidate has marked 580 responses as correct out of 600 correct responses in a question paper. Out of the marked 580 responses, 450 are truly correct and the remaining 130 are incorrect,
- Then a = 600, b = 650, x = 450 and y = 130. Therefore the percentage score of the candidate will be: [(450/600) – (130/650)] x 100 = 55.0.
Steps for downloading the PGIMER Cut Off Marks
- Visit the official website of PGIMER provided above.
- Click on the download button in the Task Bar at the right corner.
- Search for the Cut off Marks of PGIMER Exam.
- The Cut off Marks PGIMER will be available for downloading.
- Download the PGIMER & Check the Answers in the Cut Off Marks.