NMIMS NPAT 2018: Registration, Eligibility Criteria, Counselling
NMIMS NPAT is a national level entrance exam conducted by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).In NMIMS NPAT, NPAT stands for NMIMS Programs After Twelfth. NMIMS NPAT offers the applicants admissions in B.Tech, B.B.A, Integrated programs, B.Com, B.Sc (Economics) and B.Sc. (Finance) programs.
NMIMS NPAT Exam is held to provide admission into various undergraduate and integrated degree programs.
After qualifying this exam, candidates will get admission in constituent schools of SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies at Mumbai, Bengaluru and Shirpur Campuses. In this article, we mention the complete information about NMIMS NPAT 2018-19.
The NMIMS NPAT will be conducted generally in the month of May and 13th and 14th are the probable dates. The application form for NMIMS NPAT will be available until the last week of January. These dates are probably.
Following courses are covered under NMIMS NPAT exam:
UG Programmes: B.Tech, B.Sc Economics, B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc. Finance, BBA
Integrated Programmes: MBA Tech (B.Tech + MBA), MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharm + MBA)
Mumbai campus offers all the above given courses. B.Tech, MBA Pharma Tech and MBA Tech programmes are offered in Shirpur campus. B.Sc. Finance, BBA and B.Sc Economics are offered in Bengaluru campus.
Get Latest Admission Updates About Nmims Npat 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
NMIMS NPAT Exam Date 2018
Check the complete exam schedule of NMIMS NPAT from the below table:
|Online Registration Commences From||4th week of January 2018|
|Last Date for Online Registration||1st week of May 2018|
|Availability of Admit Cards/Call Letters||2nd week of May 2018|
|Conduct of Entrance Test||3rd week of May 2018|
|Publication of Merit List||1st week of June 2018|
|Publication of Counselling Schedule||3rd week of June 2018|
NMIMS NPAT 2018 Application Form
- NMIMS NPAT 2018 application will start in the last week of January 2018 tentatively.
- Registrations can be done through online mode only.
- In the online application form, candidates have to upload the photograph in .jpeg format (file size should not more than 500 KB).
- There is no need to send the hard copy of filled-in application form to NMIMS office.
- Application form submission window will close in the month of May 2018.
The registration fee depends upon the number of school for which candidates are applying. The application fee details are as follows:
|School (s)||Application Fee|
|For Programs of One School||Rs. 1800|
|For Programs of Two Schools||Rs. 3000|
|For Programs of Three Schools||Rs. 4000|
|For Programs of Four Schools||Rs. 5000|
The eligibility criteria of NMIMS NPAT for various courses is given below:
|B.Tech & MBA Tech||
|B.Sc Finance, BBA, B.Com (Hons.)||
|MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharm + MBA)||Qualifying Examination: Must passed/appearing 12th or its equivalent examination including International Baccalaureate diploma with science stream (PCM or PCB) and English (compulsory subject).Minimum Marks: Minimum marks required are 50% (PCM/PCB).
Age Criteria: Maximum age limit is 25 years.
NMIMS NPAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NMIMS NPAT is as follows:
- Number of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked. There will be 3 parts in the question paper. Each part has 50 questions.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the entrance test.
- Subjects Covered: The test will cover three subjects namely Proficiency in English language, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Reasoning and General Intelligence.
- Language: The medium of question paper will be English.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- Negative Marking: 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted in case of marking wrong answer.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Proficiency in English language||50|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||50|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||50|
NMIMS NPAT Syllabus
NMIMS NPAT covers the subjects like English Language, Quantitative & Numerical Ability and Reasoning and General Intelligence. Questions from English Language will be based on reading comprehension, grammer, vocabulary, etc. Logical Reasoning & General Intelligence will contain questions of visual aptitude, coding and decoding, series, arranging puzzles. The Quantitative & Numerical Ability section include basic questions of Average, Probability, Profit and Loss, Areas, Series, Mixture, Decimal Fractions, etc.
How to Prepare for NMIMS NPAT
Here, we are providing some tips which helps the candidates to score good marks in the entrance test:
- Firstly, familiar yourself with the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Make the right strategy for the examination.
- Collect right books for preparation.
- Solve previous years question papers and take mock test.
- Since there is a negative marking in the examination don’t try to guess the answers.
- Proficiency in English language is required. Put efforts on grammer, reading comprehension, vocabulary.
NPAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates are advised to download their admit cards from the official website of NPAT 2018 exam. They have to enter the ID and password to get the admit card. The authority doesn’t send any call letters to candidates through post or any other physical means. NPAT 2018 Admit Card is available to download one week before the exam. It is published in the second week of May.
Steps to download NPAT 2018 admit card:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ link.
- Enter your ID and Password.
- Your Admit card will be produced and displayed on your computer screen.
- Save it on your system.
- Take its print out on an A4 size sheet. Several copies can be saved for future reference.
|Programme||Mumbai Seats||Shirpur Seats|
|B.Tech in Information Technology||60||60|
|B.Tech in Computer Engineering||120||60|
|B.Tech in Electronics||60||60|
|B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering||60||60|
|B.Tech in Civil Engineering||60||60|
|B.Tech in Electrical Engineering||60||–|
|B.Tech in Mechatronics||60||60|
|B.Tech in Data Sciences||60||–|
NMIMS NPAT Result
NMIMS NPAT result 2018 for undergraduate engineering programs. The result will be announced in the last week of May month. To access the result, the applicant will have to enter their admit card number and registered date of birth.
The result of NMIMS NPAT will be prepared purely on the basis of marks obtained in the NMIMS NPAT Entrance Exam. NMIMS NPAT result will be the basis for admission in the University.
The result for NMIMS NPAT is declared in the online mode only. NMIMS NPAT Result, Merit List, Call Letter & Admission Letters will be declared by the authority for various courses.
Applicants will be called for the counselling on the basis of merit list for the NMIMS NPAT.
NMIMS NPAT Counselling
The applicants scored marks, which are above the cutoff, are eligible for the admission procedure in the NMIMS NPAT. The student who got the result and is selected will be now called by the NMIMS University for the further counselling process.
The schedule for counselling will be announced by the NMIMS NPAT official website since the schedule is made by the official authority.
At the time of counselling, the applicants will require carrying all the necessary documents with themselves. The candidates should carry the documents for the verification purpose.
The University will conduct counselling at Mumbai campus. The counselling of NMIMS NPAT 2018 has commenced and will be held from the mid-June to the third week of June.
At the time of counselling, those applicants who want to take the admission into NMIMS NPAT should be present in the centre where they have been called. If by any reason the applicant fails to be present on the called centre the seat of the candidate will be allotted to another aspiring candidate.
NPAT 2018 Exam Centers
NPAT is a national level exam. It is conducted all over the country. The exam cities are given below:
|Delhi||Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, and Faridabad|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Surat, and Vadodara|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal and Indore|
|Maharashtra||Shirpur, Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, and Kota|
|Uttar Pradesh||Kanpur and Lucknow|
- Candidates have to choose their preference for exam center at the time of registration.
- In the case of inadequate candidates at a center, NMIMS can cancel the venue of exam center and the candidate is informed to take the exam at nearest center. This decision of NMIMS is final.
NPAT 2018 Seat Reservation
The number of seats available in each course are given below:
B.Tech: Bachelor of Technology programme is available in Mumbai and Shirpur campus.