LSAT 2018 : Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
LSAT is a part of the law school admission process in United States, Canada, and a growing number of other countries. It is managed by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA. An eligible candidate can take admission in law courses offered by the universities of foreign countries like United States, Canada, etc. We are providing all the information regarding LSAT 2018 with important dates and different categories and other information like Registration, Dates, Fees, Process, Eligibility, Test centers.
LSAT Exam Dates
Here candidates can check the tentative exam schedule for LSAT exam 2018:
|Online Registration||2nd week of September 2017|
|Last date to register||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit card releases||2nd to 3rd week of May 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of June 2018|
|Result Announced From||3rd week of June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About LAST 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
LSAT Registration 2018
To register for LSAT 2018 exam, candidates can follow these simple steps:
- LSAT Application Form 2018 will be available via online mode.
- The registration process will start form the second week of September 2017 till 1st week of May 2018.
- Candidates must upload their scanned image of recent photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee through offline or online mode.
- In case of payment through DD candidates have to send the printed application along with DD to the address mentioned below:
6708, DLF Phase IV,
- LSAT India registration fee will be Rs. 3800/- without official LSAT India handbook.
- The application fee can be paid through credit card/debit card or net banking.
- To pay through offline mode, candidates can pay by order/banker’s cheque/DD must be drawn in the favor of “Pearson India Education Services Private Limited” payable at New Delhi or Noida.
For LSAT 2018, there is no specified eligibility is prescribed by the LSAC. However, eligibility criteriavary from institution to institution. Candidates can check the eligibility of the institution where they want to get admission. Below we are mentioning the some basic eligibility for law courses:
For BA LLB course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam from recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must obtain the minimum 45% marks.
For LLB courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a bachelor degree in any subject.
- Minimum Marks: Must score the minimum 45% marks in aggregate in qualifying exam.
For LLM course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 3 years of LLB or 5 years of BA. LL.B programme.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure 45% marks in aggregate.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
LSAT Exam Pattern 2018
The LSAT exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held in offline mode (pen, paper mode).
- Sections: There will total 4 sections of the question paper.
- Duration of Exam: For each section, 35 minutes will be allotted.
- Type of Questions: The question will be of a Multiple Choice Question.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking.
|Sections||Questions (Approx)||Duration of Exam|
|First Logical Reasoning||24||35|
|Second Logical Reasoning||24||35|
|Total||96||2 hours and 20 minutes|
The questions will be prepared from the topics like Analytical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning. The syllabus is designed to test the candidate’s ability to solve the questions and accuracy. Candidates should prepare from the topics for the LSAT India exam.
- The LSAT Admit Card 2018 will be available in April 2018, on the official site of LSAC.
- The admit card is very important to give the exam and if the candidate is not having the Admit Card will not be permitted to sit in the Exam.
- The Exam details such as test date, reporting time, reporting address, candidate’s registration number and test center instructions and procedures will be mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Candidates are to paste a latest passport size photograph on the given space where required.
- Candidates have to bring a Government-Issued Photo Identification (original) at the examination center.
- In case of not having any ID proof then he/she can bring either School Identity Card (photo) or Tenth Pass Certificate/Mark Sheet( that has Date of Birth on it) along with the admit card.
- Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the admission procedure.
LSAT 2018 Test Centers
LSAT India 2018 will be conducted in the following cities:
- North:Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Jaipur, Lucknow
- South:Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi
- East:Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi
- West:Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur
- The declaration of result of LSAT 2018 will be in May 2018.
- Students need to login in the official website using their login credentials to check the result.
- The score card will be available for downloading only for two months after the declaration of result.
- Thereafter, request of score card will not be entertained.
- Candidate can only check their result by login only, the exam conducting authority will not send the score card via post or e-mail.
- Candidates are advised to keep the result safe till the admission procedure.
LSAT Admission Process
- Candidates can report to the college or institution where they are seeking for admission from among 60 law institutions (approx) in India consider LSAT score for admission.
- Candidates have to follow the admission rules and regulation of that particular university or institution where candidate is looking for admission.
LSAT Exam Syllabus
- Candidates must check the proper syllabus of the exam.
- The questions will be asked from 3 different sections having the topics such as Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension.
- The Analytic Reasoningwill measure the ability to understand a structure of relationships and to draw logical conclusions of that structure.
- The Logical Reasoningwill judge the ability to analyze, critically evaluate, and complete arguments.
- The Reading Comprehensionsection will measure the ability to read, with understanding and insight, examples of lengthy and complex materials.