LPU NEST 2018: Application, Admit Card, Results
LPU NEST 2018 (Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test) is a university level examination administrated by the LPU University. Students seeking for admissions in various courses offered by LPU, can appear for this examination. This examination was started in the year of 2009. Through LPU NEST exam, students will get admitted in B.Tech, law, MBA, Design, Agriculture, Hotel Management & other courses. Here we are providing details for LPU NEST 2018 exam, including notification, application form, eligibility, etc.
LPU NEST Important Dates
Tentative dates for LPU NEST (Engineering) 2018:
|Registration starts||1st week of October 2017|
|Last date for registration||Last week of December 2017|
|Slot booking||3rd week of November 2017 onwards|
|Exam date||2nd week of December 2017 to 2nd week of Jan 2018|
|Result||3rd week of January 2018|
Tentative dates for LPU NEST (MBA) 2018:
|Registration open||1st week of November 2017|
|Last date for registration||Last week of February 2018|
|Slot booking||1st week of March 2018 onwards|
|Exam date||2nd to Last week of April 2018|
|Result||1st week of May 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About LPU NEST Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
LPU NEST Registration 2018
- LPU NEST Application Form 2018 will be released via online mode through the website.
- Students are required to enter the basic details on the website and register for the exam.
- Generate the application number and password.
- Pay the application fee using online or offline method.
- Fill the other details in the application form like slot booking method, exam centre, etc.
- Complete the slot booking process, i.e. slot booking by the candidate or slot booking by the university.
- The application fee will be Rs. 700/- for all the candidates.
- The fee payment will be made through debit/credit card, net banking or through demand draft.
- The DD should be made in favor of “Lovely Professional University”, payable at Jalandhar.
- In case of payment through DD, students have to send the printed application along with DD to the address given below:
Division of Admissions (LPUNEST-2018)
Lovely Professional University
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road,
Phagwara, Punjab (India)-144411
Here we have mentioned the basic eligibility for various courses:
Eligibility for B.Tech:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- Qualification: Students must have passed or appearing in the 12th examinations from any recognized board with Physics, Mathematics & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Students should have obtained minimum 60% aggregate in the 12th
Eligibility for MBA:
- Qualification: Candidates should have cleared or appearing in the final year of graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized university or college.
- Minimum Marks: In graduation, candidates must have secured at least 60% marks.
Eligibility for Law:
- BA LL.B.(Hons.), B.Com. LL.B.(Hons.) & BBA LL.B. (Hons.): students must have passed 12th exam in any stream with English subject and age limit will be 20 years (22 years for reserved categories).
- LL.B: students should have passed graduation in any stream with 50% aggregate and age limit will be 30 years (5 years relaxation is for reserved categories).
LPU NEST Exam Pattern
Here we are providing exam pattern for various courses:
Exam Pattern for B.Tech:
- Exam Duration: The test duration will be 150 minutes.
- No. & Type of Question: There will be total 110 multiple choice questions.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in English language.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking for incorrect answers or unanswered questions.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks per Question|
Exam Pattern for MBA:
- No. & Type of Question: There will be total 100 multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 3 marks.
- Exam Duration: The test duration will be 150 minutes.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
LPU NEST Syllabus
Syllabus for various courses is listed here:
B.Tech: Questions will be asked from Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics & English subjects.
MBA: The syllabus has been divided into three sections, i.e. English, General Aptitude & Current Awareness.
Law: The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as English, Quantitative and Logical Aptitude, Legal Reasoning and General Awareness.
- Make a strategy plan for your preparation, prepare a time-table as per your daily schedule and follow it properly.
- Understand the syllabus and try to include every single topic in your studies.
- Choose the best study material and also include previous year question papers and sample papers for preparations.
- You have to take care of your health to prepare better for the examination.
- Do meditation & yoga it will help you to increase concentration.
LPUNEST 2018 Admit Card
Once candidates have booked or received their exam slot, they will get their admit card through mail. The admit card will not be uploaded on the website, it will be sent through mail only.
How to Download LPUNEST 2018 Admit Card?
- Candidates who book their LPUNEST test slot themselves will get their e-hall ticket as soon as they book the schedule through the online test booking system.
- For those who authorised the university to book their slots, their e-hall ticket will be released after a suitable slot is booked for them. For such candidates, LPUNEST test slot will be booked within 48 hours of receiving their duly filled application form. The candidates will be intimated through an email.
- All LPUNEST 2018 details which includes – exam centre booking as well e-hall ticket generation will be done through email only. Thus, aspirants are advised to mention their valid email ID and mobile number in their application form.
The exam is held nationwide across 110 centers and the candidates are generally allotted their preferred center. Candidates should check their exam centers beforehand and reach the centre beforetime on the exam day.
LPUNEST Result 2018
LPU will announce its result for B.Tech applicants in May 2018. All of the applicants who appeared for the entrance examination can check their secured scores in the result of LPUNEST 2018 which will be uploaded online on the official website.
Based on the performance in the entrance test applicants will be called in for counseling and seat allotment session.
How to Check LPUNEST 2018 Result?
- The link to check the result of LPUNEST 2018 will be activated on the official website.
- Candidate will be required to enter their application number to access the result.
- Click on download and print out the result for further processes.
- Result will also be sent to the candidates through their registered email IDs.
LPUNEST 2018 Cut-off
LPUNEST 2018 Cutoff is the minimum score a candidate requires to be eligible for admission to Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test.
For the academic year 2018-19 the cut off marks for B.Tech courses can be judged based on the previous year cut offs. Scholarship will also be awarded to those students who score more than or equal to the the cutoff marks.
- The minimum marks are set by the University and are based on a number of factors.
- The cut off is based on number of applicants, number of vacant seats, average performance in the entrance test, and last year’s cut off.
- After the cut-off is declared, a Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ score in the entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates who will reach the cutoff marks will be called for counselling/ seat-allotment process.
- Generally, the merit list declares the top 30% performers as eligible for admission.
LPUNEST 2018 Counselling
LPUNEST 2018 Counselling and seat allotment will begin from May 2018. Candidates who qualified the exam and clear the cut-off, after the result announcement, will be called for counselling.
Candidates will be allotted seats as per the choices filled in by them. They must also carry the following documents along with atleast three photocopies for verification while appearing in the counselling.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- Character certificate
- LPUNEST admit card & score card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Candidates will be required to submit their fees at the time of counselling and seat allotment. NEST also entails scholarships so candidates should check if they are eligible for scholarships at the time of counselling.