JKCET (Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test) is a state level examination conducted for the admission of eligible applicants in engineering & architecture programs offered by colleges in J&K. JKCET held once in a year and in 2018 it will be held in the 1st week of May. The applications will be available in the 3rd week of January 2018. The applicants who are interested in JKCET 2018 can get all the important details from this article below. It is conducted once in a while (in a year) for admission to Engineering and Architecture (B.Tech & B.Arch) programmes offered by various government and private institutions situated in J&K state. JKCET 2018 application form will be available through online mode only. This article will provide you the complete description about JKCET 2018 like exam dates, eligibility, exam dates , admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
JKCET Exam Dates 2018
Check the tentative schedule of JKCET 2018 is given below:
|Availability of Application Form||3rd week of January 2018|
|Last date to Submit the Application Form||4th week of February 2018|
|Admit Card Issued Date||Last week of April 2018|
|JKCET 2018 Exam Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Result||4th week of May 2018|
|Conduction of Counselling||1st week of July 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About JKCET 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
JKCET Application Form 2018
Candidates have to follow the procedure to get & fill the application given below:
- JKCET 2018 Application Form will be issued through online mode only.
- No application will be provided through offline mode.
- Candidates will get the application form from the 3rd week of January 2018 till the 4th week of February 2018.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature & thumb impression at the time of filling the application form in a JPG/JPEG Format.
- The photograph maximum size should be 500 KB & signature/thumb impression size should be 200 KB.
- Candidates also have to upload copies of permanent residence certificate, marks certificate (if the result is announced) & category certificate (if applicable).
- After successfully filling the application form, candidates have to take a printout and keep safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 800/- as an application fee for all categories.
- Candidates can make payment through online or offline mode.
- The online payment can be done through the HDFC integrated payment gateway with any national credit/debit card.
- The offline payment can be made through bank Challan from any branch of HDFC bank & J & K bank.
Candidates have to check their eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The eligibility is given here:
- Residential: Candidate must be a permanent citizen of J&K state.
- Qualification Exam: The minimum qualification should be 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score the minimum 50% marks (40% for the reserved category candidates).
- Subjects: For engineering courses, candidates have to qualify their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM & English.
- Age Limit: Candidate’s age should be 17 years completed on or before 31st December 2018.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for JKCET.
JKCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned here:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through offline mode (pen-paper based).
- No. of Papers: The examination will consist of two papers each of PCM and PCB group.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be comprised of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: 60 questions will be asked from per subject.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted to the candidates for correct answers.
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking for each wrong choice. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Name of the Stream||Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Exam Duration|
|PCM & PCB||A||Physics, Chemistry (Common Paper)||120||2 hours|
The syllabus for Engineering & Architecture will comprise of the 11th & 12th class. Candidates can go through the complete syllabus of these classes including the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The question paper will be divided into PCM and PCB.
Below, we are providing reservation of seats as per the category:
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||25%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11%|
|Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
- Make a study plan & time table as per the subjects & topics.
- Choose best books for exam preparation.
- Prepare according to your strength & weakness.
- Focus on the complete exam pattern & syllabus of the examination.
- Stay fit & healthy physically & mentally. Avoid junk foods & alcohol consumption.
- Give a proper time for revision.
- Solved sample paper & last year question papers.
- Candidates will be able to get their admit card from the last week of April 2018.
- The admit card will contain the exam & candidate details such as time of exam, name of the candidate, venue of exams, exam date, category, gender, etc.
- A candidate will be allowed in examination centre, only if they have valid admit card.
- After getting the admit card, it is mandatory to paste the photograph on top of admit card.
- Candidates have to preserve the admit card untill the admission process over.
- I n the 4th week of May 2018, the result will be published only through online mode.
- On the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the exam, the merit list will be prepared.
- The merit list will be prepared separately in the descending order for general merit category & for other category.
- The answer key will be published by the exam conducting authority through online mode.
- Answer Key will be posted after a few days of the commencement of the exam.
- In case, candidates will find any mistake in the answer key, they can send the written appeal with the supported document proof of standard textbooks on the prescribed format.
- Candidates have to submit Rs.1000 as a challenge fee.
- Once the merit list is published, the applicants will be called for counseling process.
- The counseling schedule will be available at the official website.
- There will be no separate counseling send for the successful applicants.
- The applicants will have to bring all the required original documents.
- They have to pay Rs. 500 as counseling fee.
- The applicants have to fill their choice related to the course & college of their preference.
- The selection process will be based on merit basis.
Documents Required at the time of counselling
- Domicile certificate
- 12th mark sheet & passing certificate
- 10th mark sheet & passing certificate
- Challan copy
- Category certificate