JIPMER 2018 Results
JIPMER 2018-19 Result can be checked in the official website of JIPMER institute, www.jipmer.edu.in. Admission of candidates will be based on their merit rank calculated through normalization of their percentile score. The important dates for JIPMER 2018 Result and counselling are given below:
- Conduction of JIPMER 2018 exams: 1st week of June 2018
- Result declared for JIPMER 2018 exams: 3rd week of June 2018
- Counselling process takes place for admission in JIPMER: 4th week of June 2018
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) institute will conduct JIPMER 2018 entrance exam for admitting students into the various Under Graduate (U.G), Post Graduate (P.G), Fellowship, Ph.D. Programs, Post Basic Diploma and Certificate courses. Candidates will be able to view their JIPMER 2018 Result through online mode.
Dates for JIPMER 2018 Exam
Below tables shows the tentative dates for JIPMER 2018 Exam result and counselling process:
|JIPMER 2018 Exam Date||First week of June 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 Result||Third week of June 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 Counselling||Fourth week of June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About JIPMER 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
How to Check JIPMER 2018 Result?
Candidates who will be appearing for JIPMER 2018 medical entrance exam can check their result by following the below mentioned simple steps:
- Aspirants need to visit the JIPMER institute’s official website – jipmer.edu.in
- Then click on the results page link given in the JIPMER website.
- The candidates need to enter and submit the login details given by JIPMER during the time of application submission process.
- Application Number and password will have to be entered
- Now the results will be displayed on their screen, which will contain their rank.
- Candidates can take a print out of this result for future reference.
Details on Score Card
JIPMER 2018 Score card is a mandatory document required for attending JIPMER 2018 Counselling. This will include the marks scored by the candidate in JIPMER 2018 entrance exam. The below are the details found on the score card:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Roll no
- Percentile Score
- Candidate’s photo
- Qualifying status
- Merit rank
Normalization of Scores
The Percentile score obtained by the candidates will reflect what percentage of candidates have scored below a particular candidate in JIPMER 2018 Entrance Exam. This percentile score will decide the admission of the candidates in various courses through JIPMER 2018.
Percentile Score Calculation: The percentile score of a candidate will be calculated by using the formula:
= Number of candidates from the group with aggregate mark less than a candidate X 100 / Number of candidates appeared in the exam
JIPMER 2018 Answer Key
JIPMER 2018 Answer Keys will be released by JIPMER on the official website.
The steps to download the Answer key for JIPMER 2018 exam are as follows:
- The applicants need to visit JIPMER official website.
- Then click on JIPMER 2018 exam answer key link for the specific exam for which the candidate applied.
- The answer key will be displayed in the PDF format, which can be downloaded for future references by the candidate.
JIPMER 2018 Merit List
Admissions to all the programs will be purely based on the Merit Rank given by JIPMER institution in the JIPMER 2018 medical entrance exams.
- Based on the percentile score secured by the candidates in the examination, the merit list will be prepared.
- JIPMER 2018 entrance exam conducting authority of JIPMER will prepare a separate merit list for different categories.
- The Merit Rank will be based on the percentile score calculated by Normalization.
- Only the NRI / OCI candidates who opt for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of application itself will be considered for the merit list to 6 Seats for the NRI / OCI status candidates.
- The applicants who secure less than the minimum percentile score in the entrance examination will not be considered for admission in courses and also their names will not be included in the merit list.
The Merit List will be prepared based on the category of the candidate with minimum percentile cut off score as given in the table below:
|Caste Category||Minimum Percentile Score|
|Unreserved ( UR ) / OCI / NRI||50|
|Unreserved ( UR ) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC / – OPH||40|
Tie Break methods for candidates with the same Percentile score
If 2 or more candidates secure the same percentile score in the entrance exam, their merit rank will be calculated based on the below order:
- Negative Marks: Applicants who obtained less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate with more negative markings.
- Aggregate Marks in Qualifying Examination: If still the tie is existing in the percentile score, then the applicants with a higher aggregate marks in the qualifying degree exam shall be placed higher than candidates with lower aggregate marks in qualifying degree exam.
- Age: If still the tie exists in the percentile score, then the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher than the candidate younger by age.
JIPMER 2018 Cut off
JIPMER 2018 entrance exam cut off marks will depend on various factors such as total number of applicants, total number of seats and difficulty level of the JIPMER 2018 exam. The below table shows the JIPMER previous years medical entrance exam cut off closing ranks for MBBS program This cut off range gives students an idea of the range of the MBBS cut off that they may expect this year:
JIPMER previous years Cut off mark range for MBBS admissions:
|Category||JIPMER MBBS 2016 (closing rank)|
JIPMER 2018 Counselling
The steps involved in the counselling process are explained in detail below:
- Admission to all the aspirants is purely based on the merit, caste category and the availability of seats.
- The candidates who qualify for the counseling should report at venue given in the official website at the time of declaration of results.
- The biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be performed on the day of counselling.
- All the candidates must submit the required documents along with 1 set of self attested copies of the certificate.
- Candidates should bring their original certificates without fail.
Documents required for counselling
The mandatory documents to be brought at the time of the Counselling process are given below:
- Original Hall Ticket and Rank letter
- Proof of Registration as OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) if applicable
- Certificate showing the date of birth
- Any valid Government ID proof
- Conduct Certificate and Transfer Certificate obtained from the last studied institute
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate
- Service candidate should produce NOC / Relieving Order
- Caste category certificate
- Medical Certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates
- 4 Passport size photographs