JIMPER PG 2018 organized by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research is a University level entrance examination. The University will offer admission to MD/MS courses on the basis of JIPMER PG 2018. This examination is conducted two times in a year i.e. in January and July month. For the January and July sessions, this entrance exam is organized to provide admission to approximately 102 seats. For providing admission for the session of January, this year, JIPMER PG entrance exam will tentatively fall in the month of December. Here, candidates can get the detailed information on JIMPER PG 2018 such as exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application form, syllabus, etc.
JIPMER PG Exam Dates 2018
Check the exam dates of JIPMER PG 2018 from the below table:
For January session:
|Online registration start||11th September 2017|
|Last date of online registration||18th October 2017|
|Availability of hall ticket||3rd week of November 2017|
|Date of exam||19th November 2017|
|Publication of merit list||After 2nd week of December 2017|
|1st counselling||3rd week of December 2017|
|2nd counselling||3rd week of January 2018|
|3rd and open counselling||Last week of January 2018|
|Closing date of admission||Last week of January 2018|
For July Session:
|Online registration starts from||2nd week of March 2018|
|Closing date of registration||3rd week of April 2018|
|Commencement of exam||3rd week of May 2018|
|1st counselling||2nd week of June 2018|
|2nd counselling||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd counselling||Last week of July 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About JIPMER PG 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
JIPMER PG 2018 Application Form
- Candidates can apply for JIPMER PG 2018 only through online mode.
- JIPMER PG 2018 application form for January session will be available from 11th September 2017.
- After the submission of application form, candidates are not allowed to make any correction in the application form.
- Upload the signature and recent colour passport size photograph (in jpg/jpeg format) with file size not more than 80KB.
- At last, take the printout of filled-in application form for future record.
- The application fee can be remitted through Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card only.
- Application fee for UR/OBC/Sponsored/Foreign is Rs. 1200/-.
- For SC/ST candidates, the application fee is Rs. 800/-.
- OPH candidates are exempted from the application fee.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
In this section, candidates can check the eligibility criteria of JIPMER PG 2018:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must hold the MBBS Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/institution which falls under Medical Council of India.
- Must complete the rotatory internship training on or before 31st December, 2017.
- Candidate should also register with Central/State Medical Registration Council.
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2018
- Mode of Exam: JIPMER PG is the single-shift online based exam.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of whole examination is 180 minutes.
- Type of Exam: The question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Numbers of Questions: There are total 250 questions in the test.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for choosing wrong response.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100|
JIPMER PG 2018: Admit Card
- On the official website of the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry the admit card of the candidate will be released.
- Candidate can download it from the official website and take a print out of it.
- All the valid candidates can download their admit card by entering their application number, after examination cell published the admit card.
- The admit card will only available on the online mode and they are tentatively available in the month of November.
- Check every detail in the admit card and in the case of any discrepancies get in touch with the concerned authorities.
- All the candidates have to download the admit card from the official site of the institute.
- Admit card will not be sent by post.
JIPMER PG 2018: Result
- For admission, it is mandatory to score 50 percentile (40 for reserved category candidates) in the entrance exam.
- Admission will be provided to the students, on the basis of rank obtained in the entrance test.
- The result will be displayed on the website of JIPMER.
JIPMER PG 2018: Counselling
- Candidates will be called for the counseling round, on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance exam.
- A category rank will be prepared by the authority.
- Candidates can get the information regarding counseling, merit and rank from the Notice Board of Academic Section, JIPMER and from the website.
- No candidate will be informed individually.
- On the basis of entrance exam, the admission to the candidates will be provided strictly.
Documents Required during JIPMER PG 2018 Counselling
- Hall Ticket of JIPMER PG 2018
- DOB Certificates
- Rank Letter
- Internship completion certificate
- ID proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- MBBS Degree or provisional pass certificate
JIPMER PG 2018: Important Points
- Read all the terms and conditions before getting to the process of filling.
- The online application process will tentatively start from August.
- Aspirants belong to General/OBC or any sponsored category need to pay the sum of Rs. 1000.
- Aspirants belong to reserved category need to pay Rs. 800 as application fees.
- Fill all the authentic personal and academic details in the application form.
- During the process of fee transaction, don’t click on any refresh or back button.
- Note the transaction ID as well.
- All the candidates have to pay the application fee online.
- Upload your authentic signature.
- Polaroid photographs will not be accepted at any cost so always upload the latest photograph in the specified formats.
- The last date to fill the application form will be around the month of October.
- All the candidates will get three preferences for the cities of exam center.
- If the seat is not available on particular choices, then the candidate will be provided by the nearby choices.
- The final call and the discretion of this is with the examination authorities of the institute.