JEE ADVANCED 2018 Result
JEE Advanced 2018 results will be declared in the 2nd week of June in the official website http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/. Candidates will have to enter their registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID. The rank list will include the names of students who appeared for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. JEE Advanced 2018 is a national level entrance exam managed by 7 IITs on rotation basis. When a candidate give JEE Exam, they get admission in IIT and ISM. The JEE Advanced is the second stage of JEE Main. Candidates can register for JEE advanced 2018 through online mode only.
Once the results will be declared a merit list will be declared. The selected candidates will be called for counselling. During counselling, the candidates will need to carry all the original documents. The counselling and seat allotment will include registration for counselling, choice filling, seat allotment, reporting and getting provisional admission. The entire process consists of 6 rounds.
JEE Advanced 2018 Important Dates
|Women Candidates||INR 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||INR 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||INR 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||USD 50/-|
Get Latest Admission Updates About JEE Advanced Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
How to Check JEE ADVANCED 2018 Results?
Candidates can check their result after the notification is displayed in the official site. Following are the procedures which the candidates need to check the IIT Result 2018:
- The candidates need to visit the official website of JEE Advance to check the rank. The results will be declared on the official website.
- Log into the account using the application form number and the credential asked there. The details a candidate needs to include are registration number, date of birth, age, email ID amongst a few other things. The results of only those candidates will be declared who have given both the papers in the exam.
- Download the result and keep it for further usage. The next step will involve the candidates to appear for counselling in the allotted college.
Details Present in JEE ADVANCED Result 2018
JEE Advance 2018 Result would be declared by the IIT Madras on 10-12 June, 2018 following which the candidates will be called for counselling by the JoSAA. The candidates will have to submit their application for counselling. Following are the features of the JEE Advanced 2018 Result
- The Candidates will not be sent any score card or result sheet.
- They will have to visit the official website of JEE Advance to check their result.
- Only those candidates will be given a rank who will secure the minimum qualifying score for the IITs.
- Securing a rank in the IIT examination will not guarantee admission into the IITs and it will solely depend upon the minimalist rank and JoSAA.
JEE-ADVANCED 2018 Merit List
The total marks will be the sum of the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually. Merit list will be made on the basis of total marks obtained in JEE Advanced 2018.
JEE Qualifying Marks 2016
|Category||Rank List||Minimum Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Aggregate Marks|
|OBC-NCL||OBC-NCL Rank List||12||67|
|SC||SC Rank List||07||38|
|ST||ST Rank List||07||38|
|OBC-NCL||OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||07||38|
|SC||SC-PwD Rank List||07||38|
|ST||ST-PwD Rank List||07||38|
JEE ADVANCED 2018 Cut-off
The JEE Advanced cut-offs determine candidates qualifying to participate in the admission counselling process. These are declared for each category and the Common Merit List. Candidate cannot appear in the JEE Advanced exam without getting qualifying marks. The authority board of CBSE releases JEE Main cut-off every year after completion of the exam. Candidates, who have either scored equal or more than the cut-off marks, can only go ahead for appearing in JEE Advanced.
If your mark is less than the cut-off marks then you will not be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. However, you may apply for admission based on your JEE Main score.
Minimum marks for rank list:
- Maximum aggregate marks: 372 (186 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum marks in Physics: 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum marks in Chemistry: 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum marks in Mathematics: 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
JEE Advanced 2017 cut-off is different from minimum qualifying marks for ranking. Here, we have provided the Cut-Off marks and Ranks for different categories based on previous year analysis:
|Preparatory (In case where eligible SC, ST, and PwD candidates are less than 1.4 times then the seats reserved for them)||53||101|
Cut-off Marks for Top 20 Percentile
- Category-wise cut off marks for top 20 percentile will be based on the marks scored by all the qualified candidates in their respective boards in the particular year.
- The cut-off marks for PwD candidates will be the same as the lowest of the cut-off marks for GEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST categories.
- Top 20 percentile cut off for 2017 will be considered for the candidates who pass the class 12th or its equivalent in 2017. Similarly, the top 20 percentiles cut off for 2016 will be considered for the candidates who pass the 12th examination in 2016.
- In case of candidates who have passed the 12th examination in 2016 but appears any one of the subject for improvement in 2017 then cut-off for the top 20 percentiles will be considered of the year 2016.
If board doesn’t provide any information regarding the cut off of top 20 percentile then, in this case candidates have to produce a certificate from the respective Board saying that he/she falls in the top 20 percentile 0f successful candidates. If candidates fail to do this, then cut off marks specified by the CBSE board will be considered.
JEE ADVANCED 2018 Counselling
Joint Admission Board (JAB) led by the organising IIT will be carrying out the counselling procedure for selection of candidates into the IITs and other affiliated institutes. The candidates will be allotted the college and branch as per their choice but in accordance to their AIR.
For that the candidates will have to wait for the declaration of the AIR and the counselling procedure will commence in the first week of July 2018. The candidates need not visit any centre for counselling as all the procedure will be completed via online method and the candidates will only have to report to the allotted college for taking admission. In the following article about the IIT JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling, we have compiled all the information about the Counselling procedure for allotment of the IITs and other institute who take admission on the basis of the IIT AIR.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced counselling and seat allotment
- The candidates should note that the counselling will be conducted to only those candidates whose rank will acceptable and under the ambit of the rank released by various colleges.
- They are required to have obtained at least 75% aggregate marks in class 12th or equivalent board exam. For candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories, the aggregate marks required for admission is 65%.
- For admission to IITs, the candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class 12th or equivalent board exam.