ISI Admission Test 2018 Application Form can be filled by candidates in the month of January 2018. ISI takes students on the basis of admission test and the interview taken after the admission test. Some courses are also filled using other National Level exam scores.
- Candidates interested in taking admission in the prestigious institute can fill ISI 2018 Admission Test form online on ISI Kolkata website.
- The official website to fill the application form is http://www.isical.ac.in
- Students willing to gain entry in PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics have to fill the form offline.
- Students who have won medals in Indian National mathematics Olympiad are exempted from ISI 2018 admission test. Such candidates have to fill the form, although.
- ISI admission test is usually conducted in May month of every year.
- ISI admission test application forms are made on the mentioned website available in February.
- Steps for ISI admission test 2018 application procedure are- Registration, Filling the form, Uploading photos and fee payment.
- The application fee can be paid in both offline and online mode.
Through ISI Admission Test, admissions are offered at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Tezpur and Giridh. The courses offered at the campuses are B.Stat (Hons), Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours), M.Math, Master of Science in Quantitative Economics, Master of Technology in Computer Science and Postgraduate Diploma in Statistical Methods & Analytics or Computer Application.
ISI 2018 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned the tentative dates of ISI Entrance Exam 2018:
|Notification release||January 2018|
|Application form release||2nd week of February 2018|
|Last date for online application submission||2nd week of March 2018|
|Application fee payment starts||2nd week of February 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||3rd week of March 2018|
|Admit card release||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Result declared||June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About ISI Admission 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
ISI Application Form 2018
- ISI Registration 2018 will be started from the second week of February 2018.
- The application will be available through online mode from the website.
- Enter all the required details in the application form carefully.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the appropriate format.
- Candidates can make the fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates don’t forget to take printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee will be Rs. 700/- for general and all candidates of JRF programmes (irrespective of reserved categories.
- ST, ST, OBC & Differently Abled applicants are needed to pay Rs.350/- as an application fee.
- Students can make fee payment through net banking, debit/credit card or Bank Challan of SBI bank.
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria for various courses offered by ISI:
|B.Stat (Hons)/B.Math (Hons)||Qualification: Passed 12th or equivalent|
Subjects: Mathematics & English
|M.Math||Qualification: 3yr Bachelor degree in Mathematics/ BE,B.Tech with mathematics/ B.Stat from ISI|
|M.Tech (CS)||Qualification: Master degree in Mathematics/Statistics/IT/Physics/ Computer Science/Computer Applications/ Electronic Science or|
BE/B.Tech or equivalent
|M.Tech (QRQO)||Qualification: Master degree in Statistics/ Master degree in Maths with Probability and Statistics/ BE/B.Tech or equivalent|
Subjects: Must have passing marks in Chemistry & Physics at 12th level/ Mathematics at graduation level
|MS (QE)||Qualification: 3yr Bachelor degree in Maths, Eco, Stats & Physics/ B.Stat from ISI/ B.E or B.Tech|
|MS (QMS)||Qualification: 3yr Bachelor Degree in Mathematics/ B.E or B.Tech|
ISI Exam Pattern
- Section: The examination will be conducted in two sections, i.e. Section-1 and Section-2.
- Type of Question: There will be MCQ and descriptive questions will be asked in the examination.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be two hours for each section.
- The detailed exam pattern is mentioned here:
|Course||Forenoon (10:30 to 12:30)||Afternoon (14:00 to 16:00)|
|Subject||Test Type||Subject||Test Type|
|M.Tech (CS)||Mathematics||MCQ||Math/Phys/Stat/Engi/Tech/Comp Science||Descriptive|
ISI Syllabus 2018
- The syllabus will be different for all the courses offered by the ISI.
- The questions will be of undergraduate or below (10+2) level.
- For B.Stat & B.Math, syllabus will have topics from Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus & Geometry.
- For M.Stats, questions will be asked from Mathematics & Statistics & Probability subjects.
- Students should prepare according to syllabus to score good marks in the examination.
How to Prepare for ISI Exam
- Find out all the details regarding officially prescribed syllabus.
- Make a suitable time-table and prepare accordingly.
- Consider the best books and study materials for your preparations.
- Practice from previous year question papers, it will help you to know more about the exam pattern.
- Take care of your health, do meditation & yoga it will help you to concentrate in your studies.
ISI Admission Test 2018 Application Form Correction
There is no provision for correction in the application form. Once submitted, the details filled cannot be modified or updated. No time is given by ISI authority for updating or correcting the information. In case there is any error or discrepancy, candidate should contact the concerned body immediately. The details are given below:
Indian Statistical Institute,
203 Barrackpore Trunk Road,
Phone: 25752500 (Admissions)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. Is there an interview after the written exam?
Ans. Yes, after taking ISI 2018 admission test, candidates will be shortlisted and called for an on-campus interview.
Question 2. Can I pay the fee offline?
Ans. Yes, you can pay the fee through SBI bank challan.
Question 3. Can I submit offline application form?
Ans. No, only candidates seeking admission in PG diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics can apply offline. All other students have to fill the online form.
Question 4. I have completed the online application process. But, I forgot to take a print out. How can I get a print out now?
Ans. You can go to the applying online page and enter the personal info and the application number. Application form will be displayed, you can take a print out.
Question 5. I am in my final semester of B Stat degree from ISI. Am I eligible to apply for Mathematics [M Math] course?
Ans. Yes, if your final semester results are declared latest by August second week.
ISI Admit Card
The ISI Hall Ticket 2018 will be released one or two weeks before the examination. The admit card will be available via online mode through the website. Admit card will not be provided through offline mode. It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination centre. The admit card will have details like name & roll number of the candidate, exam date & timing, exam centre, etc.
Candidates who have appeared in the examination, can check their result via online mode through the website. ISI 2018 result will be declared in the month of June 2018. Candidates have to enter the required details like Roll Number to check the result. Students are advised to keep a printout of the result and preserve it for future use.
ISI Admission 2018
The admission will be purely based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance test. Students will be invited for counselling as per the rank obtained by them. Students also have to clear the further admission tests or interview to get admission. The list of candidates selected for admission test & interview will be published through the website. Students are needed to bring the required fees & documents to complete the admission formalities.