GGSIPU has released the exam pattern for its entrance test- IPU CET Exam. The paper pattern has been similar over the years. The exam is scheduled in April 2018 and will be conducted in offline mode. IPU CET 2018 is an aptitude test for entering into various courses offered by GGSIP University.
Here are the key points for IPU CET 2018 Exam pattern:
- Total Marks- 600 marks (Except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam)
- Exam Duration- 150 minutes for B.Tech in Biotechnology and 3 hours for other courses.
- Marking Scheme- +4 mark for every right answer
- Negative Marking- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (Except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- There will be no negative marking in DM/MCH/SSMC exam.
IPU CET 2018 Exam Pattern
|IPU CET 2018 Exam||April – May 2018|
|IPU CET Exam Duration||2:30 hours for B.Tech in Biotechnology, 3 hours for other courses|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for correct response
-1 mark deducted for wrong response
|IPU CET Exam Mode||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|IPU CET Exam Language||English|
Get Latest Admission Updates About IPU CET 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
IPU CET 2018 Marking Scheme
The test paper will contain 150 objective-type questions in all. Each question will be provided with four alternative answers. Out of which only one correct or most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet.
- Each question will carry four marks.
- There will be NEGATIVE MARKING for wrong answer.
- One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Every correct response will get 4 marks.
- No marks will be deducted if a student has not marked any option.
- In case, if a student has marked more than one option then it will treated as incorrect response, so one mark will be deducted.
Hence, the candidates must be sure about the answers before marking them because it will lead to negative marking in the total evaluation.
IPU CET 2018 Important Instructions
Exam Pattern also includes the following points to be considered by the students who are going to appear in the exam:
- The questions will be asked in English Language only.
- The candidates should answer all the questions in the OMR Sheets as provided to them.
- Candidates should bring a black ball point to the Examination hall for marking responses on OMR answer sheets. Use of pencil is not allowed.
- The candidates will not be provided the facility of re evaluation or re assessment for the concerned exam.
Reporting for The Test:
- Candidates should report at the Examination centre 30 minutes prior to the time of commencement of paper.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter in the Examination hall after the commencement of CET 2018.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the prescribed time for CET is over.
- Candidates should leave Examination Hall only after handing over OMR answer sheet and test booklet to the Invigilator.
IPU CET 2018 Pattern and Syllabus
Exam Pattern is the first and the foremost section which is to be taken note of by the candidates before they proceed with the preparation of the exam. If the pattern is well known, then the questions can be solved accordingly and with proper time management in the exam.
Second comes the syllabus, which is of utmost important after the pattern is known. Subject wise syllabus with proper topic understanding makes the student confident before and during the exam, if the topics are well revised according to the syllabus.
Below is the pattern and the syllabus discussed for the students:
Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode). The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
Marking Scheme: The questions will be objective type and each question will carry four marks for each correct response.
Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Negative marking will be done for wrong answers and for more than one answer to each question.
No of Questions: The question paper will comprise in total 150 questions for all programmes (except B.Tech., Biotechnology).
Total 200 questions will be asked for B.Tech (Biotechnology).
Time Duration: The exam duration will be two and a half hours (2:30 hours) for B.Tech. Biotechnology and three hours (3 hours) exam duration for the other course exams.
Exam mode: IPU CET 2017 will be conducted in offline mode (OMR).
Language of the exam: IPU CET 2017 will be conducted in English language.
Total number of questions: 150
- For every right answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
Marking material: Only black ball pen will be allowed for marking and writing the exam.
Use of Optical Response Sheet
All students need to bring black ball point pens to mark the answers on the OMR sheet. The sheet will have 4 circles in front of every question. Candidates need to mark the circle that highlights the circle that they feel is the correct response for that particular answer.
The Optical Mark Reader (OMR) response sheet should be handled carefully by the candidates. They are advised not to fold the response sheet under any circumstances.
Candidates are advised not to make any marks on the response sheet except marking the answers at the appropriate place on the response sheet.
How to mark the answer?
- Candidates need to fill the information on the OMR sheet and darken all the Relevant Circles on the response sheet carefully. Otherwise the OMR response sheet will be invalid.
- Use Black Ball Point pen only for darkening the circles.
If the correct answer to question no.: 3 is (a) in your opinion, candidate need to darken the circle under (a) in front of question no 3.
- The circle must be filled/darkened completely.
- Candidates are required to darken one circle only for each question. If you darken more than one circle for a question, the response to that question will be invalidated and negative mark will be assigned for that question.
- The most appropriate response for that particular question must be darkened carefully, only in the corresponding circle against the number corresponding to the question you are attempting.
- Do not make any stray marks anywhere on the OMR.
- Candidate shall note that they will not be given a second blank Optical Mark Reader (OMR) response sheet. Hence they are advised to be careful while handling their OMR response sheet.
In case the candidate marks the circle, which is half filled that will not be considered as the marked answer.
IPU CET 2018 will be conducted by GGSIPU on various dates as per the course for admission to various undergraduate engineering programmes available at the university and its participating institutes and colleges.
- Questions in IPU CET 2018 entrance will be asked from 11th and 12th standard syllabus based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Syllabus for undergraduate courses will be based on the diploma or 10+2 level.
- The CET syllabus for different courses will be different and the questions will be asked from the related field of the course.
Sections Covered in IPU CET 2018 Exam:
- Physics (33.33%)
- Chemistry (33.33%)
- Mathematics (33.33%)