Admission to various engineering programmes offered at IIST will be conducted by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram. No entrance examination will be conducted by the institute. To join the engineering programmes in IIST candidates have to qualify JEE Main 2018 conducted by CBSE and appear in JEE Advanced 2018 conducted by IITs. Aspirants can get details about eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates etc. related to IIST 2018.
IIST, Thiruvananthapuram, will conduct IIST B.Tech Admission 2018 for admission into undergraduate engineering programmes offered by the institute.
- On the basis of rank secured by the registered candidates in JEE Main 2018, admission will be done.
- The Eligibility Criteria prescribed by IIST must be fulfilled.
- By registering online and have to pay the requisite fee candidates have to apply for admission.
- BTech (Bachelor of Technology):
- MTech + M.S./M.Tech (Dual Degree)
- MTech (Master of Technology):
Thermal and Propulsion
VLSI and Microsystems
Machine Learning and Computing
Materials Science and Technology
- MS (Master of Science):
Astronomy and Astrophysics
Get Latest Admission Updates About IIST ADMISSION 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
The official exam dates for the UG courses are listed below:
|Online registration starts||4th week of May 2018|
|Last Date of online registration||2nd week of June 2018|
|Last Date for submitting application fee||last week of June 2018|
|Rank list release||last week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||1st week of July 2018|
The exam dates for the PG courses are listed below:
|Online application release||2nd week of April 2018|
|Closing for online submission of applications||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date for payment of application fee||2nd week of May 2018|
|List of short listed students for interview||3rd week of May 2018|
|Interview round||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of interview result||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||1st week of July 2018|
IIST 2018 Eligibility
For UG Courses:
- Candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1993 who belong to the GEN and OBC category.
- Candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1988 who belong to SC, ST and PWD categories.
(The DOB as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted.)
- Qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 75% (65% Sc/ST/PWD) marks.
- Candidates have to secure marks in following subjects which will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, A language (the language with the higher marks will be considered if the candidate has taken more than one language.), any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered)
- General Candidates: At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the 3 subjects (PCM).
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the 3 subjects (PCM).
- SC/ST/PWD Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (PCM)
For PG Courses:
- The age limit is 28 years as on last date of application (age relaxation for the candidates of SC / ST / Persons with disability (PWD) category as per Government of India Orders).
- Passed BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.S. or equivalent degree with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10.
- Valid score is applicable in GATE/JEST/UGC NET in relevant area for which candidate apply.
IIST 2018 Application Fee
- For UG courses for general will be Rs. 250/- per departmental code
For SC/ST/PWD and Women will be Rs. 125/-.
- For PG courses for Male candidates of GEN/OBC will be Rs. 600/-,
For Female candidates of GEN/OBC, SC, ST & PwD candidates will be Rs. 300/-.
- The application fee is non refundable.
- NRI candidates can make the fee payment through demand draft.
- The fee payment will be made through bank Challan from any branch of SBI or Union Bank of India (UBI).
- The DD should be drawn in favor of “THE REGISTRAR, IIST” payable at thiruvananthapuram, India and send the DD at the address mentioned below:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala (P.O.), Thiruvananthapuram-695547
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disabilities||3%|
IIST Rank List 2018
The rank list for admission will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination. The rank list can be checked via online mode through the website. Rank list for UG courses will be prepared on the basis of JEE Advanced 2018 All India Rank (including category rank). Admission will be done on the basis of rank list.
IIST Counselling (Admission Process)
Here we have mentioned the admission process of UG & PG courses offered by IIST:
The authority shall release a rank list on the basis of candidate’s performance in the JEE Advanced 2018 examination. For admission in UG courses, students have to clear both JEE Main & JEE Advanced examinations. Rank list will be generated for those students who have registered online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the authority.
Candidates have to apply online for admission in IIST. Students will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of marks scored in the GATE/JEST/UGC NET examination in relevant areas. After qualifying the examination, candidates have to appear for the interview round organized by the institution. Candidates have to bring the necessary documents in original at the time of interview.