GPAT 2018 : Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) conduct national level examination GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) to offer admission to eligible applicants in Master’s degree of Pharmacy known as MPharma. The examination will be scheduled in 3rd week of January 2018. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before they start application process. GPAT score is being used by all AICTE approved Institutions/University Departments and Constituent Colleges. In the field of Pharmacy, scores are also considered for providing scholarships and other financial assistance. Candidates can check details about GPAT 2018 in this article who are willing to take admission in M.Pharma programme for the academic year 2018-2019.
GPAT 2018 Exam Date
Check the GPAT Exam Date 2018 including the dates of application, admit card, exam and result. All the dates given below are tentative:
|Online GPAT Registration Start Date||2nd week of October 2017|
|Last Date for Registration||4th week of December 2017|
|Date of GPAT 2018 Examination||4th week of January 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of January 2018|
|Announcement of the Results of GPAT 2018||2nd week of February 2018|
|Downloading of Score Cards||2nd week of February 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About GPAT 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
GPAT 2018 Registration
- Candidates can register for GPAT 2018 through online mode only by accessing the official website of AICTE-GPAT.
- AICTE will released the GPAT application form 2018 in the second week of October 2017 tentatively.
- The facility for online registration will be available till the last week of December 2017.
- The registration process involves 3 steps: self registration, fee payment and filling of details in application form.
- At the time of registration, candidates also need to upload scanned signature (size should be 60 x 90 (≤30 Kb))and scanned photograph (size should be 140 x 160 (≤60 Kb)).
- Candidates should make sure that all the fields in the application form are filled correctly as no date will be change once the form is finally submitted.
- At last, candidates can print their filled form and retain the copy of same for further references.
The details of application fee category-wise is given in the below table:
|GEN/OBC Candidates||Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges|
Mode of Payment:
Applicants for GPAT 2018 can choose to pay fee online through credit card/debit card/net banking. Applicants can also make payment through SBI Challan. Such candidates have to download the challan from the official website and then visit to the nearby SBI branch with the requisite cash and challan for paying the fee. In case of Challan, Cash will be accepted from the next day of challan generation.
Candidates shall have to fulfill the following eligibility requirements to be eligible for applying GPAT 2018:
- Nationality: Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- Qualifying Examination: The minimum educational requirement is Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma) of duration 4 years. Candidates passed/appearing the lateral entry B.Pharma programme is also eligible to apply.
- Appearing Candidates: Those who are in final year of B.Pharma course are eligible for appearing the GPAT 2018.
- No Age Criteria: No age restriction is there for appearing the online examination of GPAT.
GPAT Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates can check the GPAT exam pattern 2018 to know the structure of question paper and marking scheme. The details are given below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be carried out as online Computer Based Test (CBT) where questions will be shown on a computer screen.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple-choice questions only.
- Maximum Marks: There will be total 125 questions carrying 500 marks.
- Medium: The medium of the test paper will be English only.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will carry 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: The wrong answer will result in negative marking. For each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. Question not attempted will result in zero mark.
GPAT Syllabus 2018
GPAT syllabus include the questions of Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) level. The subjects covered under the syllabus are Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy. The detailed syllabus will be provided when it will be released by the authority.
GPAT Preparation Tips 2018
- First of all, collect all the details regarding exam pattern and syllabus.
- Selection of right book is the most important step for the exam preparation.
- Practice sample papers/previous year question papers.
- Revision is very important so make your schedule like you will get the enough time for revising the earlier prepared topics.
- Take a proper sleep and also maintain your health.
GPAT 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates need to log in using username and password to download the admit card.
- In the second week of January 2018, GPAT 2018 admit card will be available for download from AICTE-GPAT website.
- On the day of the examination, a printout of downloaded admit card must be brought to the test center.
GPAT 2018 Result
- The examination results will be released in 3rd week of January 2018.
- The applicants can download their results from the official website.
- If any applicant is interested in getting admission in PhD degree after completing M.Pharma then the GPAT score card will be valid for one year and the applicants do not have to appear in the Ph.D. entrance examination conducted by Indian universities.
GPAT 2018 Score card
- GPAT 2018 Score card will be released by AICTE after the declaration of results.
- The score card is valid only for one year i.e. for admission to the current academic session only.
- To download the score card, candidates have to enter details like email address and password.
- Based on the scores obtained by the candidates in online entrance examination of GPAT, all India merit list will be prepared.
- The merit list specifies Rank, Total Score, Category, Candidate Roll number and Qualified/Not-Qualified status of all the candidates.
GPAT 2018 Counselling
- Candidates can participate in the GPAT Counseling conducted individually by the institutions.
- Allotment of seats will depend upon candidate scores in the entrance exam.
- Based on GPAT scores 2018, candidates are required to take part in the admission procedure of respective institutions.