GCET 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. It is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education or DTE every year in Goa. GCET exam is held for the admission to the professional Degree courses such as Architecture, Technology, Medical (MBBS), Engineering, and Homeopathy within Goa. This entrance examination takes place via online mode and in the English language only. Candidates who want to appear in this state level entrance exam must fill and submit their online applications on or before due date.
GCET will be held tentatively in the month of May, 2018 for which application form will be invited in the month of March, 2018. Various colleges & institutions of Goa state consider the GCET score for seeking admissions into different courses. Candidates who qualify this exam can get the chance of getting admission in the government and private engineering and medical colleges.
GCET 2018 Important dates
The tentative schedule for GCET exam is as follows:
|Exam Events||Dates (tentative)|
|Announcement of official notification||Perhaps in November 2017|
|Application form will available from||March 2018|
|Closing date to submit the application form||Probably in April 2018|
|Last date for the submission of online application form (with late fee of Rs.1000/-)||April 2018|
|Admit Card will available from||April 2018|
|GCET 2018 exam date||Most probably in May 2018|
|Result declaration||June 2018|
|Counselling starts from||Possibly in June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About GCET 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Candidates need to satisfy the important eligibility criteria of GCET 2018 before applying the exam. The Eligibility conditions of GCET 2018 are as follows:
- Indian nationals and OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) or Non-resident Indians (NRI) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card holders can apply for the exam.
- For Homoeopathy, Dentistry, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences and Medicine courses the minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31 December of the year of admission.
- There is no provision of age limit for Pharmacy, Engineering and Architecture programmes.
|B.Sc Nursing||Applicants should clear the HSSC or 12thwith Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English obtaining no less than 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates from SC/ST/OBC category)|
|BHMS & AHS||Candidates need to pass the 10+2 of Goa Board or its equivalent examination with English along with Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects. They must clear the qualifying examination with scoring no less than 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST and OBS category).|
|Engineering||Applicants should pass 10+2 or equivalent with English, Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects with one of following additional subjects i.e. Biotechnology/ Biology / Computer Science / Chemistry. They must pass the qualifying examination with minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for reserved categories).|
|B.Arch||Applicants should clear 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics subjects along with scoring 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates from SC/ST & OBC category). Applicants need to hold the NATA exam.|
Application Form: How to apply
- Interested and eligible applicants can download the application form from the official portal of conducting body.
- Candidates can also obtain the application form the several selected centers at Goa.
- The authority will release the application form most likely in the month of March 2018.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the required details in the application form very carefully.
- They need to attach all the required documents like Demand Draft, qualifying exam certificates, etc. with the application form.
- Submit the duly filled in application form completed in all respects in person at the notified center along with self attested copies of important documents.
Candidates should pay Rs 1500/- as necessary GCET 2018 application fee. Make the payment through demand draft payable in the favor of Director of Technical Education at Panaji.
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions|
|Subjects||4, namely Physics, chemistry, Mathematics, Biology|
|No. of Question||75 question in each paper|
|Marks||75 marks for each paper|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for each correct answer|
GCET Hall Ticket 2018
- Candidates those successfully submitted the application form can get their admit card.
- Admit card will be issued to candidates in person after submitting the application.
- Candidates must produce the “Photo Admit card” for appearing in the examination.
- It is informed to the candidates to check the all details of the exam mentioned on the admit card.
GCET Result 2018
- GCET 2018 result will be published in the first week of June 2018.
- Candidates those appeared in the examination can check their results via online mode through the website.
- Individual score card will not be given to any candidate.
- On the basis of result, the merit list will be prepared for providing admission.
GCET Counselling 2018
- After the result announcement, candidates have to fill the application form (B) at notified location.
- Separate merit list will be prepared for all the courses as per the marks scored in the examination.
- Students will be invited for counselling on the basis of merit list.
- In the GCET admission process, the shortlisted candidates have to present in person at the notified centre.
- At the time of admission, candidates have to bring their original required documents.
- If candidates fail to appear for the admission rounds, their seats will be offered to other candidates in the merit list.