The FMGE is Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Exam. It is a national level entrance exam conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE) for those Indian nationals who are possessing medical education from foreign but desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council. FMGE and degree programs conducted for various Medical related courses.
FMGE result declaration will be in the second week of July 2018. The entrance exam that is FMGE is conducted twice a year. Once in the month of June and second in the month of December 2018. The FMGE will release rank letters and admit cards.
The applicants interested in FMGE 2018 will look ahead in this article for the details like admit card, important dates, application form, eligibility criteria and other details of FMGE
Get Latest Admission Updates FMGE 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
FMGE 2018 IMPORTANT DATES
Generally, the applicant who is to be appearing for an exam needs to have knowledge of a few important dates related to the release of the notification, last date of application, expected date of announcement of results of FMGE etc.
Hence, applicants are required to keep a track of the following important dates that are applicable to FMGE 2018:
For June Session:
|Online Registration from||13th April 2017|
|Last date for registration||24th May 2017 (Extended)|
|Examination Date||12th & 13th June 2017|
|Result Declaration||8th July 2017
For December Session:
|Online Registration from||The third week of September 2017|
|Last date for registration||The third week of October 2017|
|Examination Date||Second week of December 2017|
|Result Declaration||Second week of January 2017|
Applicants are advised to visit the official website of the FMGE on a regular basis to keep a track of the dates and keep themselves updated with the exam process and dates as the dates mentioned above are tentative and are subject to change at the discretion of the exam conducting body.
FMGE 2018 ADMIT CARD
Only those applicants who have successfully registered themselves will be issued the admit card. Applicants can download the admit card from the respective official websites of FMGE 2018. Applicants will need their login id and password created at the time of registration to get their admit card for FMGE 2018.
The candidate must keep the printout of the admit card safely and should check all the details such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth, etc on the admit card of FMGE. Candidates should carry this admit card with themselves to the examination hall and without this admit card.
Applicants must the following details relevant to their FMGE 2018 admit card:
- Admit Card Print copy with photo pasted on it.
- Photocopy of your Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration, to be retained by the test centre.
- Any one of the following Original & Valid/Non-Expired authorized photo IDs (Driving License/PAN Card/Passport/Aadhar card (with photograph)/Voter ID ).
FMGE 2018 APPLICATION FORM
The very first step to give the FMGE is the application form filling process. The applicant has to do this before the tentative last date as mentioned on the National Board of Examinations (NBE) or FMGE website. The applicant has to make sure that the eligibility criteria is fulfilled by him or her based on the course he or she is applying for. The applicant has to fill the FMGE application form online and then take a print out of the form.
The FMGE registration or application form will be available online on the official website of FMGE from the second week of April 2018. For December session, the registration will commence from the third week of September to last week of October 2018. The FMGE application form will be submitted by the candidates till the last week of May 2018. If any information is incorrect & candidates need to update it by clicking on the “Edit Profile” or “Edit Application” buttons to make changes till the last date of registration.
Applicants will have to send the following additional documents along with the FMGE 2018 application form :
- Applicant’s mark sheets of all qualifying exams
- Applicant’s address proof
- Applicant’s identity proof
- Applicant’s photographs (as specified in the application form)
Applicants must note that all the documents have to be self-attested and the information filled during the registration is correct. In case the documents are not attached or the documents are found to be invalid, the application will be rejected.
The registration fee for DNB CET is Rs. 5500/- for the Applicants who are applying. The fee can be paid through online mode (credit/debit card/net banking). Also, the application fees is non-refundable.
FMGE 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The following eligibility criteria must be noted by the applicants before applying for FMGE 2018:
- The application should be an Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India.
- Candidates should possess a primary medical qualification which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country.
- Candidates are required to show/obtain the proof of primary medical qualification before 31st May 2018 for June session.
- Candidates seeking provisional or permanent registration shall not have to qualify the Screening Test if he/she holds an Under Graduate medical qualification from Australia/ Canada/New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America.
FMGE 2018 EXAM PATTERN
For FMGE, the paper will be conducted in CBT that is computer based test mode only. The question paper is divided into 2 parts and will be consisting total of 150 questions each. The time given will be 150 mintues for each section. The questions will be multiple choice that is there will be multiple questions and one correct option among them needs to be selected. The exam will be conducted for three (3) full hours. The applicant will be allotted the decided marks for each correct answer and for incorrect answers there in NO negative marking in FMGE 2018.
The medium of the paper will strictly be in English. Applicants can follow the table for FMGE 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Pre & Para Clinical Subjects|
|Clinical Subjects (200 Marks)|
|Medicine & Allied Subjects|
|Dermatology & STD||5|
|General Surgery & Allied Subjects|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
FMGE 2018 RESULT
The date for the declaration of FMGE 2018 result will be in the second week July 2018 and for December the FMGE result will be declared in the second week of January 2018, tentatively. Once the score card is made available online on the official FMGE 2018 website, the applicant can download his or her score card from the website. No separate score cards will be mailed to the applicants individually.
The result will be currently available for the current session that is the July 2018 session or admission.
Applicants will have to follow the steps listed below to get their score card:
- First, open the official website
- Then click on the link for the FMGE result 2018 “Click here to check FMGE – 2018 Entrance Test Result”.
- Then select the stream the applicant has applied to and check the result for that stream.
Answer Key for DNB CET 2018
The answer key for FMGE 2018 will be published on the official website after the exam is over. This is done to maintain transparency between the University and the applicants. If an applicant feels that there is a disparity in their marking, he or she must write an official letter to the exam conducting body within 2 days of the declaration of the answer key.
FMGE 2018 COUNSELING
FMGE 2018 counselling process will be conducted online. The applicants must fill their preferences online for admission in various courses. The seats will be allotted on the basis of FMGE 2018 Merit List. Some of the important points related to FMGE counselling are listed below:
- The counselling schedule will be published on the official FMGE website. The applicants must keep a check on that for accurate details.
- The applicant will have to submit the Counseling fee either through online mode (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or offline at the University.
- The applicant will get a seat based on the FMGE 2018 Merit List and Provisional Admission Letter.
- Applicants will have to report to the Counseling Centre in the provided time with all the required documents (10th and 12th Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card etc) and counselling fee.
- If the applicant fails to report on time or pay the counselling fee, his or her application will be rejected.
- Seats will be allotted online so applicants are requested to regularly check the official FMGE website.
- Applicants should carefully fill in the preferences and options as no change will be entertained after they have locked in their preferences.
- The admission dates and timing of reporting will be displayed along with the Merit list on the official FMGE website.
Applicants must note that FMGE 2018 are conducted only in the cities which are decided by the authorities or the conducting body of FMGE. The city or the exam centre must be chosen by the candidate at the time of application form filling or registration. They can opt for the city or exam centre for FMGE as per their convenience.
For the updated information regarding exam centre, the candidates are requested to frequently visit the official website of FMGE.