CENTAC Exam 2018 :Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Admit Card
CENTAC referred as (Central Admission Committee). Puducherry is authority which provides admission to different UG & PG programmes in the field of engineering, medical, etc. various government & Private colleges of Puducherry and other states/UT’s offered admission to candidates. In previous years an entrance exam named as CENTAC JET was conducted by the committee but from 2017, no entrance exam will be conducted by the admission committee.
Puducherry is the authority which conducts admissions of aspiring candidates to undergraduate courses like MBBS/ B.Tech/ BAMS/ BDS/ B.V.Sc. & AH/ BPT/ B.Sc. (Nursing)/ B.Sc. (MLT) and B.Pharma. Candidates belonging to Puducherry will be selected for admission in B.Tech Programmes on the basis of marks obtained by Candidates in Class 12th or an equivalent exam conducted by Tamil Nadu state board/any other recognised Board/University.
15% of the total graduate engineering seats will be available for the candidates from other states. Candidates from other States and UTs will be given admission to various engineering seats on the basis of their score in JEE Main.
In this article, CENTAC details such as Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Admit Card, Exams Dates and Pattern Etc. are given.
Get Latest Admission Updates About CENTAC Exam 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
CENTAC Admission Dates
Below, we have updated the tentative schedule of CENTAC 2018:
|Online Application Availability||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last Date of form submission||Last week of May 2018|
|Last Date of receipt of online printout||2nd week of June 2018|
|Merit List Published||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling Start date||4th week of July 2018|
CENTAC Application Form 2018
- The conducting authority will provide the CENTAC 2018 Application Form through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from the 3rd week of May 2018.
- The last date to fill the application form will be the last week of May 2018.
- During form filling, candidates must provide their valid mobile number & scanned image of the photograph.
- The size of the scanned photograph should be 20 KB to 25 KB in JPG format only.
- Candidates, those fill the form for Law courses have to submit separate application forms.
- After the form submission, candidates take the print copy of the filled application form & send it by post/courier or submitted in person in the given address along with all the required documents:
CENTAC office PEC Campus, Pillaichavady,
Puducherry – 605 014
Documents needed for Application Form
Candidates have to attach the following documents with the printout of the application form:
- 10th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Age proof (Birth Certificate or SSLC marksheet)
- Copy of Online Payment
- Nationality Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Special Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Sports Certificate (if applicable)
Candidates can pay the application fee only through online (credit card/debit card/net banking) mode. The fee structure is given here:
|Courses||Fee (GEN category)||Fee (Reserved Category)|
The eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Lower Age Limit: For BAMS, candidate’s lower age limit is 17 Years (as on 1st October 2018).
- Upper Age Limit: For B.Tech, the upper age limit is 21 years (as on 1st July 2018). There is three years relaxation for SC Candidates.
For B.Tech Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Qualify the above examination with Physics & Mathematics along with one of the given subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Bio-Technology/Computer Science.
- Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 45% marks (40% marks in case of reserved category).
- Attempts: For SC, three attempts application & for other, only two attempts.
For B.Pharma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Qualify the 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Pass the above examination with Physics & Chemistry along with one of the given subjects: Mathematics /Biology/Bio-Technology/Computer Science.
- Minimum Marks: Score at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of reserved category).
- Attempts: There are no attempt limits for B.Pharma.
For BAMS Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Pass the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Qualify the above exam with Physics, Biology, Chemistry & English subjects individually.
- Minimum Marks: Obtain at least 50% marks (For GEN), 40% marks (For SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (For OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/OPH (GEN & OBC).
- Attempts: Only one attempt limit.
CENTAC Merit List 2018
After completion of the application form, the merit list will be published by the authority. The CENTAC 2018 merit list will be made on the basis of the marks secure by the candidates in their qualifying examination. The merit list will be released on the 4th week of June 2018 through online mode. Candidates have to enter their application number/date of birth, select course & click on show status button to check the merit list details.
Below, we are providing seat reservation for different categories:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2|
|Scheduled Caste (ST)||16|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter (FF)||4|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen||1 or 3**|
|Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1|
CENTAC Counselling 2018
The counselling will be started from the 4th week of June 2018 through offline mode. Before the counselling process, candidates will be called for the document verification through SMS/Email. During the document verification process, candidate’s original documents should be verified. Candidates will be invited for the counselling according to their order of merit in each course. The counselling schedule & process will be published on the website or in the local newspapers. The authority will also intimate students via call letters. Candidates have to pay the admission fee through the online mode to participate in the counselling procedure.
Candidates will get admission into their preferred course on the basis of the merit list. After the completion of the counseling process within one week, the conducting authority will release a seat allotment list. Candidates have to download their provisional allotment letter through online from the website. Candidates have to report at the allotted center within a given time period with all the required documents. In case, candidates will be failed to report on a given time, their seat will be cancelled.
CENTAC Admit Card
Admit card/hall ticket is a mandatory document which contains detail related to candidates Name, Roll Number, Center, Address, Seat Number and the Birth of Date etc. Candidates are advised to keep copies of admit cards for further use.
Admit card/hall ticket will not be sent by any authority personally to candidate’s residential address. Candidates can download their hall ticket from official portal who have successfully submitted their application.
Its candidate’s responsibility to keep safe their admit card till the completion of exams. If candidates didn’t bring Hall ticket at the time of exams candidates will not be allowed to write the paper in the examination hall.
Instruction to Download CENTAC Admit Card:
The candidates, who are searching for CENTAC Admit Card, are suggested to follow below-mentioned steps in order to access required Admit Card.
- Visit the official web portal of CENTAC
- Click on the link Download CENTAC Admit Card
- Now, enter all the required details and click on submit.
- Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Take print out of the admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
CENTAC Answer Key
Answer key will be released in official website published by authority. After the few dates of examination candidates can check Answer key in websites. Candidates can check answers of a question asked in CENTAC examination which will be given in correct order.
Candidates will get help check their marks with cut-off marks of previous year cut-off marks to know, whether they will be able to qualify the exams or not. Through this candidate can roughly check their marks and estimate written in the examination. This will help candidates to prepare for further admission steps.
The result will be released in May or June. Through online result will be declared to candidates. After the declaration of result soon counselling process will be started. To check the result candidates have to enter his/her name registration ID, Date of birth and the security code displayed on the screen.
If candidates type incorrect detail screen will show the error for correct detail candidates has to enter correct detail in it. Candidate can save result page in computer/laptop or can take the screenshot of a page in a phone for further use. Candidates are suggested to keep copies of it for further admission process and use.
How to Download the Result
The following steps are given to download the result:
- The candidates have to visit the official website of the board.
- The candidates have to search for the link related to “Download the CENTAC Result 2018-19” and click on that link.
- The candidates should enter the required details like roll number, registration number and submit that page.
- After submitting the page, the result will appear on the screen.
- Now, candidates can download the result and keep some extra printouts for further use.
Candidate wants admission in B. Tech seats in private and unaided professional colleges in Puducherry through CENTAC have to score above cut-off marks to eligible for admission. Admission committee decides the minimum score required for admission cut-off marks once it is set afterwards no one can change it.
Candidates belonging to the UT of Puducherry will be prepared after normalisation of marks obtained by the candidates in their H.Sc or any equivalent exam and will be used to fill 85% (382) of the 480 sanctioned seats.
Category wise cut-off marks are set for candidates. Like candidates belonging to reserved categories -SC, ST, OBC, and general category have different cut-off marks.Different colleges, institution & courses have different cut-off marks. Branches like civil engineering and mechanical engineering will also have their individual cutoffs.
On the basis of various factors such as a number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of exam, etc. cut-off marks are set in colleges. Below is given detail of cut-off marks important highlight, How cutoff score is arrived at, Purpose it serves etc are mentioned.