BITSAT 2018: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
BITSAT 2018 is also referred as Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. It is a university level examination, which is organized by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. BITSAT exam is an online based examination conducted for providing admissions to all the degree courses offered by BITS and its other campuses. Through BITSAT 2018, students will get admission in engineering, pharmacy & science courses. Here we are providing details about BITSAT 2018 exam, including application form, eligibility, important dates, etc.
BITSAT Application Form 2018
The application procedure for BITSAT 2018 is mentioned below:
- Candidates can apply for BITSAT exam through online mode.
- BITSAT 2018 Application Form will be released via online mode through the website.
- Fill the registration details like Name, Gender, DOB, E mail, etc. and submit it.
- After registration fill other details like basic details, 12th exam, test centre preference, etc.
- Make the fee payment using online or offline mode.
- After submitting the application form, don’t forget to keep extra printouts of the application for further use.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1700/- for female candidates and Rs. 2200/- for other candidates.
- The fee payment can be done through credit or debit card, net banking and cash payment at ICICI Bank.
- In case of choosing Dubai as an exam centre, then students have to pay US $ 50 (Rs. 3000/-) for both male & female candidates.
Get Latest Admission Updates About BITSAT 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2018:
- Qualification Eligibility for other courses (except B.Pharma): Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects.
- Qualification Eligibility for B.Pharma: Students must have cleared the 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who have passed 12th exams in 2016 or appearing in 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Percentage Criteria: In the 12th exam, candidates must have obtained 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
BITSAT Important Dates
Tentative dates of BITSAT 2018 are given here:
|Application Form release||2nd week of January 2018|
|Last date to apply for BITSAT exam||1st week of March 2018|
|Editing in the application form||2nd week of March 2018|
|Exam centre allotment||2nd week of March 2018|
|Slot booking||3rd week of March to 2nd week of April 2018|
|Hall ticket release||3rd week of April to Last week of April 2018|
|Exam date||3rd week of May to Last week of May 2018|
|Apply for admission||2nd week of May to Last week of June 2018|
|Admit list & wait list release||1st week of July 2018|
BITSAT Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Duration: The duration will be total three hours (without break).
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in computer based mode.
- Type of Question: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Number of Question: Total 150 questions will be asked.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
The syllabus will be based on the NCERT syllabus of 11th & 12th standard. The syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. The detailed syllabus is mentioned here:
Complex numbers, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Theory of Quadratic equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Logarithms and their properties, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, etc.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electro chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, etc.
Diversity in Living World, Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc.
Binary Logic, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Syllogism, Classification Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Conclusion, Composition, Comprehension, Word Formation, etc.
How to Prepare for BITSAT
- Firstly, find out all the details about the syllabus and start your preparation accordingly.
- Prepare a good time-table and divide time equally for all the subjects.
- You should prepare from the good study materials available in the market.
- Practice from previous year question papers it will give you an idea about the type of question, exam pattern, etc.
- Don’t take stress and be confident about your preparations.
BITSAT Admit Card 2018
Here we are providing details about BITSAT 2018 Admit Card:
- The admit card shall be released through online mode.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card through the website.
- Without admit card, candidates are not permitted to sit in the examination.
- The admit card will contain details like candidate’s name, exam date & timing, exam venue, etc.
BITSAT Result 2018
Here we have mentioned details about BITSAT 2018 Result:
- The result will be declared through online mode.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number on the website.
- After the declaration of result, two merit lists shall be released.
- One merit list will be released for other courses and one for B.Pharma course.
BITSAT Admission 2018
The BITSAT Counselling 2018 has been divided into various steps which are mentioned below:
- After qualifying the 10+2 examination, students have to fill the admission form through online mode.
- Students have to fill their qualifying exam marks and preferences in the admission form.
- Seats will be allotted to students, as per their marks and filled preferences.
- After seat allotment, admission list will be released.
- Students have to report at the allotted college with required documents and fee to confirm their admission.