BHU Law Entrance 2018:Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
BHU Law entrance examination is organized by Banaras Hindu University every year for UG and PG law courses. Admission into UG courses will be done through BHU UET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) while admissions into PG courses will be based on BHU PET (Postgraduate Entrance Test). Details about BHU Law Entrance Exam including application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam dates, exam pattern etc are in this article.
BHU conducts the law entrance exam to select the candidates to offer them a bachelor degree in law for admission in the university campus. In the month of April 2018 the University commences the exam. Candidates can apply for the law entrance exam who wish to pursue a bachelor degree in law, and can get the admission in the university into the BA-LLB programme.
BHU Law Entrance Exam Dates 2018
Students can check here the tentative exam dates of BHU Law entrance 2018.
For BHU UET:
|Online application starts from||Last week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit||Last week of February 2018|
|Admit card release||Before one week of the exam|
|Date of exam||3rd week of May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling Starts from||1st week of July 2018|
For BHU PET:
|Online application starts from||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit||4th week of February 2018|
|Admit card release||Before one week of the exam|
|Date of exam||3rd week of June 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of July 2018|
|Counselling Starts from||3rd week of July 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About BHU Law Entranc 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
BHU Law Entrance Application Form 2018
Students can fill the BHU Law Entrance Application Form 2018 from the website.
- Students can fill the application form through online mode only.
- Application form filling process will be started from last week of January 2018.
- The application form will continue till the last week of February 2018.
- Application form will not be provided through offline mode.
Applicants belonging to General category have to pay Rs. 500/-. The reserved category candidates have to pay Rs. 250/-. Once the fee will be paid, it will be non-refundable.
Applicants can pay the application fee through credit card/debit card/Challan.
Note: Students those want to get admission in Ph.D programmes can apply through CRET entrance exam conducted by the BHU. This exam is conducted during March/July. JRF/NET candidates are exempted from CRET examination.
Before applying for the application form, students are advised to check the eligibility criteria given below:
LLB (Hons.) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Students should passed B.Sc/B.Com/B.A. (in 10+2+3 pattern) or any other degree from recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: It is compulsory to score 50% aggregate marks in qualifying exam.
B.A. LLB Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Students must completed/appearing in 10+2 examination or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Student must secure minimum 50% marks (45% in case of OBC and 40% in case of SC/ST) in qualifying exam.
LLM/LLM (HRDE)/LLM (Under special course of study) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must completed/appearing 3 years of LLB or 5 years of LLB from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks for applying is 50% marks in LLB.
PhD (Full Time) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Students have to appear in Common Entrance Research test (CRET) conduct by the BHU. Students qualified NET/JRF are exempted from CRET.
BHU Law Entrance Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for BHU Law Entrance Exam is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen paper mode).
- Duration of Exam: The time allotted to complete the examination will be 120 minutes (2 hours).
- Type of Questions: Question paper will be of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions: There are total 150 questions in the examination.
- Total Marks: The whole question paper is of 450 marks.
BHU Law Entrance Syllabus
The syllabus for both the exam i.e. UET and PET will be different. For BHU UET Law exam, students have to study the subjects such as General Awareness and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude and Mental Ability and English comprehension. For BHU PET Law exam, the question paper will be formed from the Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Law of Crimes, Environmental Law, Public International Law, Indian Evidence Act, Hindu Law and Muslim Law.
The syllabus for BHU Law Entrance includes objective question based on diverse topics. The subjects that the syllabus comprises are English Comprehension, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Aptitude and Mental Ability and Common Legal Knowledge.
- The exam paper will include two sets of multiple choice questions based on Language Comprehension in Hindi and English.
- For candidates who have opted English as the medium of answering will have to attempt English Comprehension questions given in the paper.
- For candidates who have opted for Hindi as the medium of answering will have to attempt Hindi Comprehension questions provided in the question paper.
The weightage of the subjects is equally dispersed in the form of multiple-choice questions.
- The English Comprehension questions are included to judge the Language capability of candidates.
- General Awareness and Current Affairs comprises of questions that are based on the general awareness and the current affairs and happenings taking place on the global as well as national front to check candidate’s awareness of the social topics.
- Aptitude and Mental Ability comprises questions based on logic and knowledge to judge candidate’s rationale and decision-making ability.
- Common Legal Knowledge question comprises of the legal questions that are commonly known and considered as a part of general knowledge. The candidate is tested overall with topics concerning social, general, political and logical questions to be eligible to study for the applied course.
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author||ISBN|
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Entrance Exam 2017||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9311121169 ISBN-13: 978-9311121161|
|General Knowledge 2018||Manohar Pandey||ISBN-10: 9311122548 ISBN-13: 978-9311122540|
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Bachelor of Law & Legislation Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9385873989 ISBN-13: 978-9385873980|
BHU Law Entrance Test 2018 Admit Card
BHU Law 2018 Admit Card will be available online on the official website of BHU. The admit card is issued two weeks ago from the date of the examination.
Candidates who have successfully submitted the application for BHU Law Entrance 2018 will receive a SMS or email notification as filled at the time of application.
- The SMS or email will contain a direct link to the portal where candidates can fill in the application number and get access to the admit card.
- Once the admit card is downloaded, candidates are required to affix a passport size colour photograph on the admit card.
- The printout of admit card is mandatory and candidate should furnish at the time of exam.
- Candidate without admit cards will not be allowed to attempt the exam.
- Once the admit card is downloaded, candidates are advised to take the printout which should be taken along on the day of examination.
BHU Law Entrance Test 2018 Result
BHU Law 2018 Result is announced by 1st or 2nd week of June on the official website. The result will be displayed on the website with specified qualification status with the marks scored by the aspirants. The answer key to the Entrance test is also displayed on the official website before the announcement of the result.
After the result is announced, the merit list will be prepared by BHU. Candidates who will qualify the minimum marks criteria will be ranked in the merit list. Once the merit list is released, candidates are notified and invited for the counselling process based on their rank and scores achieved in the Entrance test. To view the scoreboard and result for BHU Law Entrance 2018, candidates are required to log on to the official website.
- After logging in with their application number/seat number, candidates can view the displayed scorecard, answer key and the result displayed on the website.
- Candidates can download the scorecard and take a printout which will be required for the further admission process.
- After the merit list is released, candidates will be notified via email for the further counselling process by BHU to proceed with the admission process
As per the merit list, if two or more candidates acquire same score then it will be resolved by giving the preference to candidate with higher marks in the qualifying degree or to candidate who is elder in age.
BHU Law Entrance Test 2018 Answer Key
BHU will release the final answer key for BHU Law Entrance 2018 within 4-5 days after the test. BHU Law Entrance 2018 will be available on the official website by first week of June 2018.
Candidates who appeared for the exam are required to cross-verify their response with the released answer key. This will provide and idea to candidates of the answers and their response recorded in the duplicate OMR sheet. If required, Candidates can file objection against BHU 2018 answer key if at all one finds any discrepancies with regards to any question or released answer key.
BHU Law Entrance Test 2018 Cut off
BHU Law Entrance 2018 cut-off will be declared on the official website with the minimum marks that are required by candidates to qualify the test.
- The cut-off will be displayed in the form of minimum marks by the University.
- The cut-off will be categorised on the basis of categories such as General, OBC, SC, ST, OPH, VI, HI and Employee ward respectively.
- The cut-off list will help candidates to determine the scores obtained by them in the entrance test.
- Also, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the scores and cut-off by the University.
- After the declaration of cut-off and merit list, the procedure will commence with counselling of candidates and document verification for the further process of admission for the student’s desired course.
After the counselling, a call letter will be provided by the University by email which candidates will be required to attach with the document at the time of admission.
|College/Course||Cut-off marks||Closing Rank|
|BHU for General Category||176||654|
|BHU for OBC||176||150|
|BHU for SC||178||18|
|BHU for ST||191||4|
|BHU for Employee Ward||-5||53|
BHU Law Entrance Test 2018 Counselling
The Counselling for BHU Law Entrance 2018 will be conducted by the Banaras Hindu University in July 2018. The registration form has to be filled by qualifying candidates based on their preference of college or University. The counselling call letter provided to candidates should be furnished at the time of the counselling session. The call letter will include all the details such as location and venue of the counselling, time, date and other important details mentioned by BHU.
Candidates are required to reach an hour before the time and report at the counselling venue with documents mentioned in the email along with the call letter. The admission fee of the counselling will be required to be paid by the candidates either using online or offline mode. Candidate will be required to proceed with the admission process once the counselling session is carried out by the University.
The counselling process for BHU Law Entrance 2018 will be carried out in three steps:
- Online Preference Entry: Candidate is required to fill in the Preference form which will be notified by the University via email. Or a call letter will be issued via email with an invitation the Counselling session along with date and venue. In the preference entry form, candidates are required to fill in details such as subject, programme, course applied, location, rank, seat type etc.
- Activity on the day of Counselling: Candidate will require to attend the Counselling session set by the University.
- Activity on the next day of Counselling: Candidate is required to follow the process after the Counselling as the final stage of admission.
Once these three steps are fulfilled by candidate, then the final admission process will begin.
For follow up process of Counselling, candidates are required to carry documents for verification.
Documents for BHU Law Entrance 2018
- Mark sheet of 10th class and 12th class
- BHU Law Entrance Call letter
- BHU Law Entrance score card
- Admit card for BHU Law Entrance 2018
- 10th class certificate as proof of Date of Birth
- Caste Certificate for category candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC
- Employee Ward certificate for children of BHU employees
- Medical Certificate for Physically handicap category
- Migration certificate
Character certificate:The final stage of the Counselling of BHU Law Entrance requires candidates to submit the fees and book the seat. The failure of payment of fees will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.