Assam Polytechnic PAT 2018: Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
Assam Polytechnic 2018-19 Directorate of Technical Education, Assam announces polytechnic exam in the State for the students who are willing to study engineering/technical education. The State Council for Technical Education (SCTE), Assam is the body which is responsible for conducting Polytechnic Examination in various discipline in Engineering and Technology offered by various Polytechnic Institutes. Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2018 will be held in the month of May, 2018 at various centres allotted by the Board for which online application will be submitted in the month of March, 2018. The academic session will start in the month of August/September, 2018. Directorate of Technical Education, Assam has following Polytechnic Institute in its jurisdiction which are providing Diploma Courses in Engineering:
- Prince of Wales Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jorhat
- Silchar Polytechnic, Silchar
- Bongaigaon Polytechnic, Bongaigaon
- Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Dibrugarh
- Girls’ Polytechnic, Guwahati
- Nowgong Polytechnic, Nagaon
- Residential Girls’ Polytechnic, Golaghat
- Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati
- Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati
- Diphu Polytechnic, Diphu
Get Latest Admission Updates About Assam Polytechnic PAT 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Assam Polytechnic Exam Dates
Candidates applying for exams must know exact dates & events of Assam Polytechnic (PAT). Detail like Online application form starts, the Online application closes, Issue of online admit card, Date of Examination etc.
Candidates should stay tuned with us for updates about Assam Polytechnic (PAT). The schedule is prepared below for better understanding.
Here we are providing the official dates of Assam PAT:
|Online Registration from||3rd week of March 2018|
|Last date for registration||3rd week of April 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||2nd week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Exam Dates||3rd week of May 2018 (10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)|
|Result declare||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling||1st or 2nd week of July 2018|
Assam Polytechnic Application Form
Online application form will be starts from 3rd week of March and an Online application will close on 3rd week of April. Candidates have to fill application form of Assam Polytechnic (PAT) before the due dates. The application will be cancelled if candidates submitted after the due dates. Candidates apply should read the brochure carefully before applying application form.
Candidates must know How to fill Where to fill When to fill etc. Candidates have to fill all detail as given in format and have to upload their scanned images of their photograph, & signature.
Students are informed to read the information brochure carefully before filling the Assam Polytechnic application form:
The · Application form will be accepted only from the students belong to the Assam state.
- Students have to apply online by logging into the website.
- The online application will start from the third week of March 2018 and remain open until third week of April.
- Students are advised to keep the printout of filled in application form safe for further process.
Candidates can pay Assam Polytechnic (PAT) application form fees through online as well as by offline mode. The candidate has to Rs. 400/- for application fees. Fees can be paid through challan in any branch of State Bank India. Bank Challan will be generated after registering online. Once candidates paid application fees of Assam Polytechnic (PAT) it will not be refunded back.
Below are given 2 modes of online payment:
- Online Payment – By Net Banking or Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Bank Challan – Fee can be submitted through the branch of State Bank India.
Applying candidates should know that he/she should clear class 10th or equivalent examination from a recognised board or, class 12th examination the Board of Secondary Education Assam. Candidates must be the Indian citizen and should have domicile of the Assam state.
More detail is provided below where it is given Nationality, Domicile Requirement, Qualification Criteria, Age Criteria.Candidates must know Assam Polytechnic (PAT) eligibility criteria. If any candidate fails to know they may face difficult at admission process.
Candidates can apply after checking their eligibility for the course:
- Nationality: Student must be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile Requirement: Student must be the resident of Assam state.
- Age: The upper age limit is 21 years as on 1 Aug 2018.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass 10th class exam or its equivalent from recognised board.
- Subjects: Student must qualify the qualifying exam with Mathematics and Science as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum Marks: For General students, 40% marks (in average) is the minimum marks required. For SC students, 35% marks are the required marks. For ST students, 30% is the minimum required marks.
Assam Polytechnic Exam Pattern
Appearing candidates will get 2 hours to complete their paper as per board rules no extra time will be given to any candidates. The question will be asked will be a type of MCQ multiple choice question and Objective & Subjective.
The examination is conducted in offline mode pen & paper based mode for students. In a test, 100 questions will be asked in the examination. In exams question will come from Science & Mathematics it will be of Multiple Choice Questions and for General English & General Knowledge it will be Objective & Subjective.
Below is given table in which detail is provided of Assam Polytechnic (PAT) subjects, maximum marks and type of question etc.
- Type of Question: For Science & Mathematics it will be of Multiple Choice Questions and for General English & General Knowledge it will be Objective & Subjective.
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted only in offline mode (pen & paper based) test.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of exam is about 2 hours.
- Number of Questions: There are 100 questions in the test.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Type of Questions|
|Mathematics & Science||100||Multiple Choice Questions|
Admission Test for Modern Office Management (MOM) will be from subjects such as General Knowledge and English.
- Schedule Caste – 7%
- Schedule Tribes (Plains)-10%
- B.C. (including (including M.O.B.C.) -15% of annual intake capacity.
- For Moran Community total 10 (ten) seats, 1 in each Polytechnic.
- Sons/Daughters/Grand Sons/Grand Daughters of Freedom Fighters (both paternal and maternal): 15 seats in total and in all polytechnics expect Diphu.
- Sons and daughters of Retired Defence Personnel- 1 seat in each Polytechnic.
- Physically Handicapped- 3% of Institute intake capacity.
Assam Polytechnic Admit Card
Hall ticket/Admit cards is mandatory documents candidates should keep safe till the completion of exams. Candidates can check their admit cards and can download through official portal of authority. Admit card will be released in online on 2nd or 3rd week of May. A candidate who successfully submitted their application can only downloads admit cards.
Candidates have to bring hall ticket at time of exams if candidates fail to bring candidates will not allow attaining exams of Assam Polytechnic (PAT).Hall ticket contains detail such as candidates name, roll number, centres, a birth of dates etc.
Below is given detail of Assam Polytechnic (PAT) admit card:
- Candidates will be able to get their admit card from the last week of May 2018.
- The Assam Polytechnic (PAT) admits card will be available through online mode from our website.
- The admit card will contain the exam & candidate details such as venue of exams, exam date, time of the exam, the name of the candidate, category, gender, etc.
- It is mandatory to paste the photograph on top of admit card after getting the admit card.
- A candidate will be allowed in examination centre, only if they have valid admit card.
- Candidates have to save the admit card until the admission process over.
Instruction to Download Assam Polytechnic (PAT) Admit Card:
The candidates, who are searching for Assam Polytechnic (PAT) Admit Card, are suggested to follow below-mentioned steps in order to access required Admit Card.
- Visit the official web portal of Assam Polytechnic (PAT).
- Click on the link Download Assam Polytechnic (PAT) Admit Card
- Now, enter all the required details and click on submit.
- Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Take print out of the admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
Assam Polytechnic Result
Candidates can check their result on official portal of authority. Through online result will be declared o candidates. On 1st week of June result will be available in online. To see result candidates have to open official portal of Assam Polytechnic and have to type detail of candidates such as name, the birth of dates etc.
Candidates can save the page in laptop/ computer or can take the screenshot of it for further use. Candidates have to type all correct detail in the page if any incorrect detail is type in a page of the web page will show error. Candidates must keep printed copies of result for further admission process.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the department i.e. http://www.dteassam.in.
- On the home page, Assam Polytechnic Result link will appear
- Click on that link
- Enter all the information asked and that are required such as your roll number, password, etc.
- Within few seconds, your result will appear on the screen
- Download the result and take a print out of it for future use.
- Our team wishes you all the best for your result.
http://www.dteassam.in Result details
|Name of the organization||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam|
|Name of the exam||Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT)|
|Exam conducted for the courses||Diploma courses|
|Level of the exam||State level|
|Category||Government Exam Result|
|Assam Polytechnic exam date||21st May|
|Release date of Assam Polytechnic Results||last week of June|
|Result Status||available soon|
Assam Polytechnic Answer Key
After the one or two weeks of the examination answer key will be available on official portal. Through online, official portal of authority Candidates can download answer key of Assam Polytechnic.
Answer key will help candidates to calculate their marks and score in the entrance examination. Through this candidate get to know their performance and can check their answer written in exams by candidates.
How to Download Assam PAT Answer Key
- Visit the given website which is DTE Assam or waits till we may provide links
- In the right side, you may find the Downloads/Keys section
- Select use correct set and move ahead with the same
- Download it in device like Mobile, Computer, Tablet etc and check the key
- If have any issue check key on the device, kindly take out a print.
Assam Polytechnic Counselling
Counselling process will be started from 1st or 2nd week of July via offline mode. Candidates score qualifying marks in the examination can appear in the Assam Polytechnic counselling procedure. Candidates have to select the course and choose the college where they want to take admission at the time of counselling. After the declaration of the result, the merit list will be prepared. The candidates those names will be there in the merit list will be called for the counselling procedure.
Documents Required for Counselling
The following documents are required for the counselling procedure:
- Class X Mark sheet.
- Class XII Mark sheet.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Assam PAT Admit Card.
- Assam PAT Score Card.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Passport size photographs.
Assam PAT Cut off marks
Applicant’s candidates those who have attended the Polytechnic Exam can download the Assam Polytechnic Merit list by visiting the official website of the department. Eligible candidates will be selected for admission to Diploma programs in the affiliated colleges of Assam whose name is available on the merit list.
Assam Polytechnic Cut off marks will be declared in online on official portal after the exam completion. Cut-off marks will give rough idea related to the minimum marks required to get selected in the PAT exam.
Different colleges courses have different cut-off marks. Candidate score above given cut-off marks will be given admission. Every year’s cut-off marks change On the basis of various factors such as a number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of exam, etc. Once it is changed by the authority no other person can change it again.
Assam Polytechnic Syllabus
Candidates have to prepare for exams from General Knowledge, Science and Mathematics subjects. If a candidate wants satisfaction marks Candidate are suggested to prefer Assam Polytechnic textbook rather than unique etc.
The syllabus will be containing the academic syllabus of the qualifying exam (10th or equivalent). It includes the subjects such as Mathematics & Science and General English & General Knowledge (for MOM).Go through all subject of Assam Polytechnic Syllabus wise.
Below is given syllabus of General Knowledge, Science and Mathematics and preparation tips:
Assam Polytechnic Paper Syllabus – General Knowledge
- General Politics.
- Current events.
- Scientific Research.
- Economic Scene.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- Countries & Capitals.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- India and its neighbouring countries.
- Indian Constitution.
- Important days
Assam Polytechnic Exam Syllabus – Science
- Command of Language
Assam Polytechnic Entrance Test Syllabus – Mathematics
- Arithmetic Progression, Arithmetic Mean
- Geometric Progression, Geometric Mean
- Coordinate Geometry, Straight lines, Conic section, Circle, Ellipse Parabola, Hyperbola
- Introduction to three-dimensional geometry
- Calculus, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics & Probability
- Relations & Functions, Matrices, Determinants
- Continuity & Differentiability, Application of Derivatives, Integrals, Applications of Integrals, Differential Equations
- Vectors & three-dimensional geometry, Linear Programming
- Probability, Sets & Functions, Finite & Infinite sets, Equal Sets, Subsets, Union & Intersection of sets, Difference &Compliment of a set
- Relations & Functions, Ordered pairs, Cartesian product of sets, Domain & range of function, Product & Quotient of Functions, Pictorial representation of functions
- Trigonometric functions Positive & Negative angles, Measuring angles in radians, Truth of the identity, Signs of trigonometric functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex numbers & quadratic equations Linear Inequalities, Permutations & Theorem, Binomial Theorem Pascal’s Triangle, Sequence & Series