AP PGECET 2018 : Application form, Exam Dates, Pattern, Notification
Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET 2018) is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada on the behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). It is a state level entrance test through which students get admission in postgraduate engineering, pharmacy and planning courses. Every year, AP PGECET will be held in the month of May. It is conducted once in a year. Interested candidates can get the overall information about AP PGECET 2018 through this article. It include details about application form, eligibility, exam dates, pattern, etc.
Get Latest Admission Updates About AP PGECET 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
AP PGECET 2018 Exam Date
AP PGECET exam dates for the year 2018 has not announced yet. Here, we are giving the expected exam schedule:
|Release of notification||1st week of March 2018|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form without late fee||4th week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 500/-||4th week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||2nd week of May 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 10000/-||4th week of May 2018|
|Date of downloading the admit card||3rd week of May 2018|
|Date of examination||4th week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Results||2nd week of June 2018|
AP PGECET Application Form 2018
- AP PGECET 2018 application form will be made completely online from the first week of March 2018.
- No offline mode will be entertained for submitting the AP PGECET application form.
- Candidates are advised to submit the application form before the last date. In case of submitting the application form after due date, candidates have to pay extra charges.
- Fee payment will be the first step in the application form.
- Upload scanned photograph (size less than 40 KB) and scanned signature in Jpg/jpeg format.
- After filling the form completely, candidate may take a printout of filled-in application for further references.
AP PGECET Application Form Correction
It is not sure that the authority will provide the correction period in AP PGECET 2018 application form. Therefore, candidates are suggested to fill the form carefully. However if correction window will open then, the candidates need to file the request for changes in application form.
The exam conducting authority sets some eligibility that candidates have to fulfill to appear the examination. The eligibility criteria for appearing the AP PGECET 2018 is as follows:
- Nationality: Candidates should be the citizen of India.
- Domicile Requirement: Applicant should belong to AP state or must be AP domiciled in order to apply for AP PGECET. Moreover, candidate must satisfy the local/non-local status requirements.
- Qualifying Examination: The qualifying examination should be B.E/B.Tech to apply for PG engineering courses. For PG pharmacy courses, the prescribed qualification is B.Pharma studied from a recognized institution.
- Minimum Marks: In case of pharmacy courses, the minimum marks required in the qualifying examination should be 55% marks (45% marks for SC/ST category candidates). The minimum marks required to apply for engineering courses is 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category).
AP PGECET Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates can know each and every details about the paper pattern of AP PGECET 2018 from this section. It includes information about total number of questions appeared in the examination, marking scheme, exam duration, etc.
- Number of Papers: AP PGECET is conducted for a total of 14 papers.
- Mode of Examination: Candidates have to mark their responses in OMR sheet. The examination will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Number of Questions: The examination will contain total 120 questions.
- Type of Questions: Only objective type questions having four alternatives will be appeared in the test.
- Maximum Marks: The offline test is of maximum 120 marks.
- Language: The medium of question paper will be English only.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, one mark will be credited.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking in the examination.
AP PGECET Syllabus
AP PGECET syllabus 2018 for all of its 14 papers is different. Students can follow the syllabus for which they are appearing the examination. Syllabus for each paper typically include the important topics of the qualifying examination.
How to Prepare
Candidates may follow these preparation tips to score better marks in this examination:
- Plan a proper routine.
- Understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the examination.
- Don’t miss the important topics.
- Practice previous years question papers.
- In the examination, try to attempt as many questions as possible since there is no negative marking.
- Stay fit & healthy.
AP PGECET 2018 Admit Card
The primary document i.e., the admit card is to be carried on the day of exam. Candidate failing to bring this document, the candidate will not be granted entry inside the exam hall/test centre. The admit card or the hall ticket for AP PGECET 2018 will contain information regarding the candidate like Candidate’s Name, Photograph & Soignature, Exam Venue, Exam Date & Time and Instructions.
For candidates who have applied, the admit card can be downloaded from the official website. Mentioned below are the steps to download the AP PGECET Hall Ticket.
Step 1: Visit the AP PGECET Official Website.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Download AP PGECET Hall Ticket’
Step 3: After clicking, a new screen will appear where a candidate needs to their AP PGECET Registration No. and selected test as specified in the application form.
Step 4: Now, after submitting the details your AP PGECET Hall Ticket will appear. It is advisable to go through all the details before downloading the document.
Step 5: View and save the AP PGECET 2017 Hall Ticket.
Note: In case of any discrepancy found, it is important to approach the conducting body immediately.
AP PGECET 2018 Results
JNTU Hyderabad will release the AP PGECET 2018 Results after the exam is conducted. The results will be declared on the official website of TS EAMCET or JNTU Hyderabad. The AP PGECET 2018 results will be announced in total marks and rank obtained format. Therefore, to view the obtained result and rank, below steps are required to be followed:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AP PGECET 2018.
Step 2: Enter the admit card number and click on submit.
Step 3: The candidate will be able to view the percentile and rank obtained along with the qualifying status.
Step 4: Download the AP PGECET 2018 rank card.
To qualify for further process, a candidate is required to score a pre-determined cut-off score. This minimum cut-off score will be available for download on the date of notification announcement.
AP PGECET 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of the results, shortlisted candidates will be called for the AP PGECET 2018 Counselling. The process will be done according to the merit of the candidates and their scores achieved in AP PGECET 2018 and in GATE/ GPAT 2018.
The counseling begins with document verification, the standard operating procedure for any government exam. Thereafter, the candidates are asked to fill and lock their choices for seat allotment process.