AILET 2018 : Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) is a national level entrance examination for admission to B.A.LL.B (Hons.), LL.M, & Ph.D Programmes conducted annually by National Law University, Delhi.
- AILET will be held on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
- AILET 2018 examination for B.A.LL.B will have 150 questions in test paper.
- Each question carries 1 mark for right answer. Total marks are 150 marks and duration of the exam will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- AILET has 5 sections: English, General Knowledge, Basic Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Legal Aptitude
- AILET 2018 examination for LL.M will have 101 questions in test paper in 2 sections. First section will have 100 questions and each question carries 1 mark for right answer. In the 2nd section there will be one essay for 50 marks. Total marks are 150 marks and duration of the exam will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- AILET 2018 examination for Ph.D will have 100 questions in test paper. Total marks are 100 marks and duration of the exam will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
Total available seats are 80 in First Year of B.A.LL.B. (Hons.). 70 seats will be filled through AILET 2018 exam on the basis of merit. 10 seats are reserved for foreign nationals who need not take entrance exam AILET.
25 seats are available in LL.M 1 year programme. 20 seats will be filled through AILET 2018 exam on the basis of merit. 5 seats are reserved for foreign nationals who need not take entrance exam AILET.
Seats are not declared as yet looking at changing in seats availability considering increasing demand and internal requirements of teaching staff.
Get Latest Admission Updates About AILET 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
AILET Exam Date 2018
|Notification date||1st week of January 2018|
|Starting of online application||1st week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of availability of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of Exam||6th May 2018|
|Declaration of Result (BA.LL.B (Hons.))||3rd week of May 2018|
|Date of issue of admission letter (1st list)||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to deposit fee (1st list)||2nd week of June 2018|
|Date of spot counselling for vacant seats||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date to submit counselling fee for 1st list||1st week of July 2018|
|Closing date of admission||Last week of July 2018|
|Interview of selected candidates||Last week of July 2018|
|Result declaration of LL.M.||1st week of July 2018|
|Result declaration of Ph.D||3rd week of July 2018|
AILET Application Form 2018
Candidates can get here the application form details:
- Candidates have to register themselves first.
- AILET 2018 application form can be filled through online mode.
- Registration will be started from 1st week of January 2018.
- Fill all the details in user registration form.
- Candidates are informed to fill valid e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Scanned photograph/signature (between 10KB to 100KB) will be uploaded in JPEG format.
- At last, submit and save all the details.
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode. The application fee is Rs. 3000/- (for general candidates) and Rs.1000/- (for SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates). BPL candidates of SC/ST category are exempted from the application fee.
Candidates can make payment through a payment gateway of net banking/credit card/debit card.
Check here the eligibility criteria of different courses for AILET 2018:
For B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must qualify 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Must obtain at least 50% marks in qualifying exam.
- Age Criteria: Candidate must be below 20 years as on 1 July, 2018.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing candidate can also apply.
For LL.M. Course:
- Qualifying Exam: A candidate must pass the LL.B. or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must obtain at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST/PH candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates those appearing in final year of LL.B. are also eligible to apply.
For Ph.D Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must hold the master’s degree in Law from recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure 55% marks or its equivalent (50% marks for reserved categories).
AILET Exam Pattern
Here, candidates can check the AILET exam pattern in detail:
- Duration of exam: Examination will be of 90 minutes.
- Total marks: The maximum marks will be 150.
- Number of Questions: Total 150 questions will be there in B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) while in LL.M. course, there will be 100 MCQ question and 1 essay type question on law.
- Type of questions: The question paper will be composed of multiple choice questions.
- Marking scheme: For one correct answer, 1 mark will be given.
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking.
The exam structure for B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) is given below:
AILET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for LL.M. will consist of Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory. Syllabus for B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) include the subjects like English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, and Civics), Legal Aptitude Reasoning and Marks Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
- Select best books & study material of best authors/publications.
- Revision is the key to success, so do revision daily.
- Give equal time to every subject and manage your time accordingly.
- Solve last year question paper & sample papers.
- Know the complete syllabus & exam pattern of the exam.
- Maintain your health & stay healthy.
AILET 2018 Admit Card
AILET 2018 Admit Card will be made available from April 22, 2018. Applicant will have to receive it from official website i.e. http://www.nludelhi.ac.in or http://www.nludelhi.admissionhelp.com or http://www.admissionhelp.com.
Admit card is mandatory to keep during AILET 2018 exam, without which entrance to examination hall and attempt for the examination will not be allowed at any case.
Admit card for AILET 2018 will have some important information about candidate and examination like:
- Name of the Examination e.g. ADMIT CARD – AILET 2018 BA LL.B (Hons.)
- AILET 2018 Exam – Date and Time
- Candidate’s Name
- Name of Parents / Guardian
- Course Applied
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Center for Examination
- ignature of Candidate
- Roll Number
- Photograph of Candidate
- Signature of Registrar
- Directions for Candidate for AILET 2018 Examination
Please read all information mentioned on AILET 2018 – Admit card and if there is any information which is not correct or needs correction; immediately inform examination authorities writing an email stating what change is required with valid proof for change.
How to Download AILET 2018 Admit Card
- Visit http://www.admissionhelp.com
- Go to Admit Card 2018 and Click on it
- Welcome page will open showing a form
- Select Course Applied for
- Here is 2 ways to download Admit Card
- Either by Name & Date of Birth or
- By Application No. & Date of Birth
- Fill Information
- Click on Submit Button
- Admit card will open
- Save it & Take Print
AILET 2018 Exam Center
Exam centers for national level AILET 2018 examination are across India. Centers are allocated either in the same city of applicant or nearby city. Cities which have been selected for AILET 2018 exam centers are as follows:
As per the circumstances, even at the last moment, centers for AILET 2018 Examination can be changed by the NLU.
AILET 2018 Cut off
Cut off for B.A.LL.B
Candidate should score at least 40% of the marks in AILET (30% for SC/ ST candidates) as minimum cutoff marks
Cut off for LL.M
Candidate should secure minimum of 50% of the marks in the written test to become eligible for admission. In case of SC/ST candidates it is 40%. NLU has a right to keep the seats vacant if there are no candidates who secured minimum cut off marks
Cut off for Ph.D
Candidate should secure minimum of 50% of the marks in the written test to qualify for submitting the research proposal. In case of SC/ST candidates it is 40%.
Waiting list will be published on http://www.nludelhi.ac.in. Candidate is advised to keep checking his name and updates regularly.
AILET 2018 Counselling
After passing AILET and being shortlisted, candidate’s name will be published on official website of NLU i.e., http://www.nludelhi.ac.in. Shortlisted candidate should reach the office of Registrar, NLU, Delhi with the following documents:
- All original academic documents
- ID Proof
- proof (ST / SC / PwD / Migrant Jammu & Kashmir / Resident of Kashmir),
- AILET 2018 Admit Card and passport size photographs
- Also keep self-attested 2 photocopies sets of all above documents.
Submit prescribed fee and reserve your seat.
AILET 2018 Result
Result for AILET 2018 is expected to be declared on May 23, 2018. Result will be displayed in different views by Category of Candidates, Name-wise, Merit-wise, Roll Number wise. Result is declared online. And it is very simple task to get result online.
How to Download AILET 2018 Result?
Follow below given steps for downloading AILET 2018 Result:
- Visit http://www.nludelhi.ac.in
- Go to Quick Links
- Click on AILET
- Go to AILET Result
- Click on Result as per applied program: B.A.LLB., LL.M, PhD.
- Select any view for Result as is given above
- Detail of all shortlisted Candidates will be displayed
- If your name is in shortlisted proceed to Counselling