AIIMS, New Delhi will invite applications from eligible applicants for AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018 to offer admission in MS (Master of Surgery) & MD (Doctor of Medicine programs. AIIMS, New Delhi schedule this examination two times in a year (for January & July sessions) for admission to approx 183 MS/MD programs in Clinical & Basic Clinical Sciences and 7 MDS programs. AIIMS PG 2018 will be held on November 2017 for its January session.
AIIMS PG 2018 Application Form for DM/MCh & MD(Hospital Administration) courses has been released from 5th September 2017. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi conducts the AIIMS PG entrance exam for admission to postgraduate medical courses like MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch. Students on the basis of this entrance exam can get admission in the affiliated colleges of AIIMS. It is a national level entrance exam. AIIMS conducts this examination twice in a year. First time, it will be conducted in January session and the second time in July session. In this article, we have mentioned the AIIMS PG 2018 exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Get Latest Admission Updates About AIIMS PG 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
AIIMS PG Exam Dates 2018
Here, we have mentioned the exam schedule of AIIMS PG for both the sessions:
For January session (DM/MCh (3 years) & MD(Hospital Administration):
|Online registration||5th September 2017|
|Closing date of registration||25th September 2017 (upto 5:00 PM)|
|Status of Application & Rejected application with reason for rejection||13th October 2017|
|Check Application Status||14th October 2017|
|Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application||till 20th October 2017|
|Finalization of Centres and allotment of Roll Nos/Admit Card||24th October 2017|
|Admit card releases||24th October 2017|
|Entrance Examination (Stage 1)||5th November 2017|
|Result Declaration (Stage 2)||9th November 2017|
|Departmental Assessment (Stage II)||20th, 21st & 22nd November 2017|
|Final Result||27th November 2017|
|Admission Last Date||28 February 2018|
For January session (MD/MS/MCh(6yrs)/DM(6yrs)):
|Online registration||September 2017|
|Closing date of registration||September 2017|
|Admit card releases||October 2017|
|Entrance Examination||12th November, 2017|
|Result Declaration||18th November, 2017|
|1st counselling||07th December, 2017|
|2nd counselling||18th December, 2017|
|Open Counselling||23rd February, 2018|
For July Session:
|Online registration||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date of registration||Last week of march 2018|
|Admit card availability||Last week of April 2018|
|Entrance exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Result Announcement||2nd week of May 2018|
|1st counselling||1st week of June 2018|
|2nd counselling||2nd week of June 2018|
|Open counselling||4th week of August 2018|
AIIMS PG Application Form 2018
After reading the prospectus carefully, students may proceed to fill the AIIMS PG 2018 online application form:
- The application form can be submitted through online mode.
- First of all, students have to register themselves for the online registration.
- The registration for DM/MCh & MD(Hospital Administration) courses has been started from 5th September 2017.
- Fill the application form before the due date.
- Students can select the city of examination of their choice.
- Fill the all details carefully. No correction will be permitted in application form once the form is submitted.
- The application fee can be submitted through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
- Application fee for UR/OBC students is Rs. 1000/-.
- For SC/ST students, the application fee is Rs. 800/-.
- OPH students are exempted from the payment of application fee.
Students those applying for AIIMS PG can check their eligibility for AIIMS PG 2018 from here:
- Nationality: A student must belong to the Indian national.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must hold the Degree in MBBS for MD/MS and BDS Degree for MDS recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks in the qualifying exam should be 50% for SC/ST students and 55% aggregate marks for General candidates.
- Student must complete the 12 months of compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st January 2018.
- If student will apply for July session, then their training must be completed on or before 30th July 2018.
For DM/MCh & MD(Hospital Administration):
- Upper Age Limit: The upper age limit should be 35 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Three year reservation for OBC category & 5 year reservation for SC/ST category.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must possess a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline.
AIIMS PG Exam Pattern 2018
Check the AIIMS PG 2018 exam pattern in detail from the below section:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode (CBT).
- Number of Questions: For MD/MS, total 200 questions will be asked. For MDS, total 90 questions will be asked.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Duration of the Exam: For MD/MS, the exam duration will be 180 minutes and for MDS, exam will be of 90 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: -1/3 marks will be deducted for the each wrong answer.
To check detailed eligibility, exam pattern & other details, refer the information brochure link given below:
AIIMS PG 2018 Admit Card
- The AIIMS PG 2018 Admit card will be downloaded from the website.
- Admit card will contain all important instructions regarding the exam.
AIIMS PG 2018 Result
- The final result of the AIIMS PG 2018 will be available on the website.
- The notification regarding result will not be intimated on the telephone or by post to any student.
AIIMS PG 2018 Cut offs
- The cutoff marks is the minimum marks needed to qualify the examination.
- The cut off marks will be decided by the examination authority, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- The examination result and the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the cut off marks and the successful applicants will be called for counseling.
AIIMS PG Counselling 2018
- The admission will be completely based on the entrance examination.
- Candidates have to bring one photo copy of their registration slip along with other original documents, on the day of counselling.
- The counselling will be conducted in three rounds.
- The third round of counselling will be held as open counselling for filling the vacant seats.
AIIMS PG 2018: Important Points
- Each junior resident will be on contract service for a period of 3 years.
- The original certificate of the applicant who opts for a confirmed seat will be retained in the Academic section.
- The same will not be returned to the candidate before completion of the course unless the applicant pays Rs. 1,00,000/-.
- If any applicants who joins the MD/MS/MDS course, quit the course within 6 months of joining then he/she will be liable to pay Rs. 1,00,000/- as compensation for losses incurred by AIIMS due to such midstream departure.