AIIMS Nursing conducted by AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is a national level entrance exam. Admission in the affiliated institutions of AIIMS is purely based on the score of students in the AIIMS nursing entrance exam. Separate entrance examination for B.Sc & M.Sc nursing is conducted every year. Get the complete information including exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, application form, eligibility criteria etc through this article.
AIIMS Nursing 2018 is a national level entrance exam. It is conducted by an autonomous institution, i.e. AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences). Separate entrance examination for B.Sc & M.Sc nursing is conducted every year. Admission in the affiliated institutions of AIIMS is purely based on the score of students in the AIIMS nursing entrance exam. Through this article, students can get the complete information of AIIMS Nursing 2018 including exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Get Latest Admission Updates About AIIMS Nursing 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing:
|Starting of online registration||2nd week of March 2018|
|Last date of registration||1st week of April 2018|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||3rd week of June 2018|
|Result Published||4th week of June 2018|
For B.Sc. (Post-Basic) Nursing:
|Commencement of online registration||2nd week of March 2018|
|Last date to apply online for registration||1st week of April 2018|
|Admit card released||2nd week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of June 2018|
For M.Sc. Nursing:
|Online registration||2nd week of March 2018|
|Last date of online registration||1st week of April 2018|
|Admit card announced||1st week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||3rd week of June 2018|
|Result Announcement||1st week of July 2018|
AIIMS Nursing Application form 2018
- The application form of AIIMS Nursing 2018 will be available from the third week of March 2018. Students can fill the form online from the website.
- It is informed to fill the application form carefully because no changes will be allowed later on. However, changes in some fields such as nationality, centre change, etc will be allowed in the 1stweek of April 2018.
- Submit the application form before the last date.
- At last, take a printout of the filed-in application form for further references.
- The application fee for General and OBC category students is Rs. 1000/-.
- Students belonging to the SC/ST category have to pay an application fee of Rs. 800/-.
- No application fee will be taken from Orthopedic/Physically Handicapped (OPH) candidates.
- Application fee can be remitted through a payment gateway of credit card/debit card/internet banking.
The eligibility criteria of AIIMS Nursing is given here separately for all the courses:
B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing:
- Nationality: Students must be an Indian citizen.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must passed 10+2 or equivalent examination form recognized board with PCB and English Subjects.
- Age Criteria: The age of the students should be 17 years as on 31st December 2018.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing students can also apply.
- Only female candidates can apply for this course.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic):
- Qualifying exam: Student should passed 12th or its equivalent examination. Also, Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- Must Registered as Nurse, Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Midwife (RM) with State Nursing Council.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have the degree in B.Sc (Hons.)/B.Sc Nursing (Post-Certificate/Post Basic/B.Sc Nursing.
- Minimum Marks: It is necessary to score 60% marks in aggregate for General/OBC and 55% marks for SC/ST in the qualifying exam.
AIIMS Nursing Exam Pattern 2018
Students can check here the exam pattern of AIIMS Nursing:
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will be published in English language only.
- Duration of Exam: For M.Sc nursing and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) entrance exam , the exam duration will be 1 hour 30 minutes. For B.Sc (Hons.) nursing, 2 hours will be given.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks will deducted for every wrong answer.
AIIMS Nursing Syllabus
The syllabus of the AIMS nursing will be notified by the exam conducting authority. However, students can refer the previous year’s question papers to get idea about the kind of questions asked in the exam.
Category-wise seat reservation is as follows:
|SC (Schedule Caste)||15%|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||7.5%|
|OBC (Other Backward Class)||27%|
|Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped||3%|
AIIMS Nursing Admit Card
- Students can get their M.Sc nursing admit card from the first week of June 2018.
- The admit card will be available on the website few days prior to the exam.
- Those students applying for B.Sc (Hons.) & B.Sc (Post basic) nursing can get their admit card from the second week of May 2018.
AIIMS Nursing Result
- Students will be called for the counselling on the basis of their performance in entrance exam.
- All appeared students can check their AIIMS Nursing 2018 Result from the website in a given time period.
- A separate list will be maintained for the B.Sc nursing and M.Sc nursing programmes.
AIIMS Nursing Counselling
- Students have to attend the counselling process in person.
- Seats will be allotted to students as per their performance in entrance exam.
- During counselling, students have to exercise the choices for their preferred institutions.