AFMC MBBS 2018 : Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern
AFMC 2018: Armed Force Medical College is a premier Institute for medical science in India. It is known as the centre of excellence for medical education & research and with career prospect in the defence services. The Institute was established on the 1st of May 1948. The B. C. Roy Committee recommended the amalgamation of various medical Institutions.
AFMC MBBS Key Dates 2018
Candidates can check here the tentative key dates for admission:
|Date of registration and filling online application form||4th week of April 2018|
|Closing date of registration||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to fill and submit the online application form||4th week of May 2018|
|Closing date of generation and printing of fee Challan||4th week of May 2018|
|Last date of payment of fee in any SBI branch||4th week of may 2018|
|Merit List release date||4th week of August 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About AFMC MBBS 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
AFMC MBBS Application Form 2018
- Candidates can fill the AFMC MBBS 2018 application form through online mode only.
- Along with filling the application form of AFMC, candidates also have to register for NEET 2018 which is conducted by the CBSE.
- First step is the registration step where candidates have to enter all the details correctly.
- Candidates are instructed to fill their valid E-mail ID.
- In the last step, candidates have to verify all the filled details and submit the application form.
- Pay the requisite application fee in any branch of SBI by downloading the SBI bank Challan.
Candidates have to submit the application fee of Rs. 250/- through the generated SBI Bank Challan.
Here, candidates can check the eligibility criteria of AFMC for MBBS admission:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen. Candidates belong to Nepal or Bhutan or Person of India Origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country permanently settled in India are also eligible to apply.
- Marital Status: Applying candidate must be Unmarried.
- Age Criteria: Candidate’s age must be 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. For B.Sc holders, the age of candidates should not be more than 24 years.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the 10+2 from recognized board/university.
- Subjects: Candidate must qualify the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects. Mathematics in 10th standard is compulsory.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must obtain 60% marks in aggregate in PCB. Candidates also have to score 50% mark in each subjects individually.
Duration of the MBBS Course:
The duration of the MBBE Course is four and a half year followed by one year of Internship.
The students have a compulsory liability to serve the Armed Force Medical Services as commissioned Officer. The offer on the type of commission will depend on the vacancies available. The Candidate’s parents/Guardians are required to sign a bond agreement at the time of admission to this effect.
Further information regarding MBBS admission can be obtained from the “MBBS Admission Link”.
The entrance test for admission is of two hours duration of a single paper comprising of five parts. The subjects covered are: Biology (50 marks), Physics (50marks), Chemistry (50 marks), Intelligence Logic and Reasoning (25marks), English Language and Comprehension (25 marks). The total number of question will be 200; each question carry 1 mark for a correct answer and 0.25 marks negative for a wrong (incorrect) answer. Calculator is not allowed in the examination hall.
AFMC 2018 Syllabus:
The general standard of 11th and 12th class of 10+2 education system /Pre-medical / Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination of State Board of Education or University is the standard of Entrance Examination for Admission to its MBBS course.
Students who fulfil all the eligibility criteria shall be called for the entrance examination at one of the examination centres on the first Sunday of May 2018. The selected candidates on the basis of merit in the entrance examination shall be called for an interview to be held in the month of May / June 2018 at AFMC Pune. About 900 candidates are called for the interview out of which about 120 students (105 Boys and 25 Girls) are finally selected for admission (10 seats for SC / ST).
AFMC MBBS Result/Merit List 2018
AFMC will prepare separate merit for girls and boys candidates. Merit list will be drawn on the basis of final scores. The admission will be offered on the basis of AFMC MBBS 2018 merit list. At the time of admission, candidates have to show the original mark sheet and passing certificate of the qualifying exam.