AIMS Mohali is a leading and well-known government medical college in Punjab. Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjab is located in SAS Nagar Mohali.
The college was established in 2021 and right now MBBS intake capacity of AIMS Mohali is 100 seats every year.
AIIMS Mohali has been approved by National Medical Commission and is affiliated with BFUHS or Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
We are going to describe details of AIMS Mohali Courses, Fee, Cutoff, Admission, Counselling, Eligibility, Facilities, and Ranking for students.
Therefore, if you have any doubt regarding these queries of AIMS Mohali, then stay tuned to this article till the end to know more information.
- 1 Key Highlights of AIMS Mohali
- 2 Courses & Fee Structure
- 3 Admission Procedure
- 4 Cutoff
- 5 Reputation and Ranking of Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali
- 6 Facilities of Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali
- 7 MBBS Syllabus in Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali
- 8 The Bottom Line
- 9 Contact Information
Key Highlights of AIMS Mohali
|Name of College||Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, SAS Nagar, Mohali|
|Popular Name||AIIMS Mohali|
|Category||Government Medical College in Punjab|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||100|
|Affiliated University||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS)|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
MCI Status & Recognition
Permitted for 100 seats u/s 26(1)(a)(b) & 28(1)(2) of the NMC Act, 2019 for 2021-22.
Courses & Fee Structure
As a matter of fact, only MBBS is the single course in the college right now. AIIMS Mohali was opened recently and that’s why MD and MS courses are not available in this medical college for the students.
UG medical course in the college is MBBS. Let’s check the information on AIIMS Mohali fee structure, courses, and intake of the courses.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
Complete the registration for the course entrance test for which you want to apply to AIIMS Mohali. Pay the registration fee and print the registration form for future reference.
The next thing that you need to know is the qualified course-associated entrance test. For example, if you want to apply for an MBBS course, then you have to register and qualify NEET-UG examination.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
1). AIIMS Mohali admission eligibility is mentioned in the above tab. Therefore, if you are thinking to fetch more details about the course eligibility, entrance and academic qualification requirements of the college then review this part of the college.
2). First of all, only MBBS is a single course of the college. Hence, it is required for the candidates to pass the NEET UG exam with qualifying marks.
3). On the other hand, candidates must have a science stream in 10+2 for applying in the MBBS course of the college.
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
- The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is an official body that conducts Punjab MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks.
- Candidates who want to participate in Punjab NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Punjab NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is responsible for counselling Punjab MBBS 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Punjab.
- Candidates who have names on Punjab NEET Merit List will be called by the authority.
Punjab MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||Medical Education Department Punjab||MBBS counselling|
|All seats in private colleges||Medical Education Department Punjab||NEET counselling|
Punjab MBBS Counselling Procedure
Firstly, visit the Punjab NEET Counselling Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) official website such as https://bfuhs.ac.in/. Candidates are required to browse the tab of Punjab NEET UG Counselling. Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Punjab Counselling Fee.
2). Punjab NEET Merit List
Wait for the Punjab Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Punjab NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Punjab Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Punjab then report to the college with a fee.
Documents Required For AIIMS Mohali MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in AIIMS Mohali
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
1). AIMS Mohali cutoff marks for the MBBS course are given here.
2). However, college was started recently and that’s why we can’t mention the round 1 and round 2 cutoffs of Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali but we define the qualifying marks of the college.
3). You can check the details of each category’s qualifying marks in the MBBS course of the college.
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Reputation and Ranking of Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali
- AIMS Mohali ranks among the top government medical colleges in Punjab.
- When it comes to knowing about medical education quality then we can say that the college has been popular for the best teaching staff with great faculty experience.
- Candidates can work with the leading organizations because of Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali placement opportunities.
Facilities of Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali
- Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali facilities include the different things which are good for students, teachers, and patients of the hospital.
- The library and auditorium both are wide in the college for the study purpose of the candidates.
- Computer labs and laboratories both are available in AIMS Mohali.
MBBS Syllabus in Dr. B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali
- AIMS Mohali MBBS Syllabus is wide. Due to the different phases and subjects covered during the course duration, the MBBS course duration is 4.6 years. However, 1 year internship period is different.
- Most of the subjects covered during the MBBS course are related to Biology and Botany.
- Here is a glimpse of the phases and subjects covered in the MBBS syllabus that you need to know.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
Finally we reach the last section of the article. In the end, we can say that this medical college has been popular in overall Punjab for the excellent medical education and training.
Therefore, if you are thinking to get admission to this college then must prepare for the NEET UG examination because this examination has been mandatory to become a part of this college.