Dadar and Nagar Haveli is a district in Dadar and Nagar Haveli in India. The counseling for NEET at Dadar and Nagar Haveli is conducted by the Directorate of Medical and Health Services. A national eligibility test, NEET is conducted, and based on the scorecard/rank obtained in NEET-UG, the applicants are allotted seats in government/private medical colleges. Shri Vinoba Bhave Civil Hospital and Swargheya Sanjibhai Rupjibhai Memorial Trust are two of the most reputed medical colleges in Dadra and Nagar Haveli. One can get admitted to those colleges of our Union Territory (UT) and can have a wonderful career after passing out.
A candidate who wants to get admitted to a medical college has to appear in a common entrance examination, which is held at the national level, known as NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination). It is conducted so that it can be determined which student can get admission in MBBS courses or other undergraduate medical courses approved by the National Medical Council of India (NMCI). According to National Medical Council Act, 2019, it was made clear that any student who wants to get admitted to MBBS or other medical courses has to sit in a NEET examination. Top colleges like- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), and the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) also require the NEET examination, to be cleared by a candidate.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is established by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) and the Government of India(GOI). NTA is an independent organization that handles all the things related to the NEET examination like taking care of student registration, conducting examinations, declaring results, and much more. Students who want to get admitted to medical college have to be a minimum of 17 years of age and should have scored at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology stream in HSC.
NEET exam covers topics related to Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The biology section is further divided into 2 more sections namely- Botany and Zoology. This exam has 180 questions and for every correct answer, 4 marks are granted. But for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted. No marks will be given for the question which was left unattempted. The test duration is of 3 hours.
- 1 Eligibility Criteria
- 2 How to Apply for Admission
- 3 Documents Required
- 4 Cutt-off for the Last Year in Dadar and Nagar Haveli
- 5 Counseling Schedule
- 6 Types of NEET Counselling and Their Respective Counselling Body
- 7 Selection Procedure
- 8 Exam Dates Related to Dadra & Nagar Haveli NEET 2022
- 9 Seat Allocation
- 10 Application Fee for Dadra and Nagar Haveli NEET 2022
- 11 Reservation Policy
- 12 Top Medical Colleges of Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- 13 Conclusion
Now, that we are clear of the NEET examination and counseling, which is held in Dadar and Nagar Haveli every year. Let’s talk about the basic eligibility criteria required for candidates to get admitted to medical colleges. Medical science is a science in which a candidate gets to know about the diseases, diagnoses, and preventive measures that can be taken against those diseases. There are numerous medical courses for which counseling can be held at Dadar and Nagar Haveli colleges, but the documents and eligibility criteria for all those courses are almost the same.
This section will be covering the maximum of the details required for someone willing to take admissions in Dadra & Nagar Haveli medical colleges. MBBS, BDS, or other medical courses are to be covered under this section. Basic pieces of information- like age, educational qualification, minimum marks required in 12th class, which stream students can go for this field, nationality, entrance exam, and many more things are to be covered. Below are some basic criteria-
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must have completed 17 years of age before applying to NEET national level entrance exam.
- A candidate must have passed their 12th class from a national level or a state-level recognized board, like- CBSE, ICSE, or other state boards.
- To be eligible to sit in NEET, national level entrance examination, minimum qualifying standards have to be passed. For the general category- the candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in HSC or equivalent examination. This percentage decreases by 5% and reaches 45% in the case of a general category person who is physically challenged. Finally, in the case of reserved categories (SC, ST, SBEC including physically disabled)- 40% is the passing bar marks required so that they can be eligible to sit in the NEET examination.
There are several benefits that one can count because of this one examination (NEET) conducted nationwide. NEET, being the only exam, prevents private institutions to conduct any other exam to admit students to their institute. Students also get an equal opportunity so that they can secure a medical seat in any medical college across India. A candidate who scores a good rank gets an opportunity to get admission to top prestigious medical institutions like AIIMS, JIPMER, etc. This exam also saves time as well money for the students because students don’t need to appear in multiple exams, to secure admission to a medical course. Hence, they all can prepare for this only held exam and can get admitted to any desired college all over India. This exam also helps the aspirants as they can just focus on one exam which can help them reduce their stress and perform much better for admissions.
How to Apply for Admission
After NEET results have been declared, a candidate moves forward with the counseling process at Dadra Nagar and Haveli medical colleges.
The first step for the students is to visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical and Health Services to get themselves registered for NEET counseling. The admissions will purely be based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the NEET exam. After the NEET result declaration, when the state merit list has been released the counseling session for admission in Dadar ad Nagar Haveli medical colleges will be held. There are two rounds of counseling. Candidates choose the course they want so that a seat can be allotted to them. After this seat allotment, the candidates are required to report to the college and submit the documents required to complete their admission process. After this, the second round is held in which no fee refund is given to the candidate who leaves their medical seat after the counseling.
This was all about the counseling process in Dadar and Nagar Haveli. For the application process, a candidate must do the following processes.
- A candidate is supposed to download the application form of the college they are interested in from the college’s official website.
- To sit in NEET counseling, a candidate must submit that application form along with all the required documents.
- After this, the candidate must visit the official website of the college and register themselves as a “New Registration”.
- On the college portal, the candidate needs to verify and upload all the required documents, passport size photographs, signatures, NEET exams score/rank with proof, and much more.
- After this, a non-refundable application fee of 500 INR for the general category and 200 INR for the SC, ST, and OBC categories is to be paid.
- Once the candidate is through all these processes, a printout of the application form should be made/taken as a record for themself.
Under the selection process, the merit list of eligible candidates who got medical seats is released. A candidate must bypass the minimum cutoff marks in that merit list so that they can take part in the counseling process at Dadar and Nagar Haveli medical colleges. Numerous factor-like reservation criteria, NEET test score, all India rank achieved, seat availability, etc are responsible to make a candidate eligible for admission.
Candidates who are willing to get admitted to Dadar and Nagar Haveli medical colleges should have the following necessary documents:
- Detailed mark sheet of Secondary School Certificate (10th class is required ). This passing certificate should have a date of birth and marks obtained mentioned in it.
- A detailed mark sheet of the 12th class is also required. A school leaving certificate is also a must.
- After the NEET exam declaration, the candidate must possess a NEET mark sheet reflecting all India ranks and marks obtained in it.
For a candidate who is claiming to get admitted in reserved seats for the Union Territory of Dadar and Nagar Haveli. They must possess the following certificates:
- A domicile certificate stating that the candidate is a resident of Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
- The applicant must possess certificates from class 9th to 12th which can show that the candidate has continuously completed/studied at a recognized school/board which is located in the local area of Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
- A candidate is who is taking admitted in the reserved/caste category should possess a caste certificate given by authorities of Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
- In case, if the applicant belongs to the OBC category then, they should present a non-creamy layer certificate issued by the authority of Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
- There are many advantages given to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) too. Hence, a candidate belonging to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) must possess a valid certificate issued by the authority of Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
- A disability certificate should be available to the candidate who is willing to get admitted under this category. The disability assessment board of Dadar and Nagar Haveli should have provided this certificate to the eligible candidates.
- A valid birth certificate is also required by some colleges in Dadar and Nagar Haveli for verification purposes.
- Any one of the identity proof is required which is provided by the Government of India. That identity proof can be an adhaar card, driving license, passport, or pan card.
- The fee payment receipt which was filled during the application process should also be attached along with all the required documents.
- Last but not least, the candidate must also attach the print-out of the application form of the respected college.
Cutt-off for the Last Year in Dadar and Nagar Haveli
There is only one main top medical college in Dadar and Nagar Haveli, which is Shri Vinoba Bhave College which offers both MBBS as well as BDS admissions. It was established in the year 2019. A total of 150 medical seats are available for the students to take admission to this prestigious institute.
If we talk about, the cutoff percentile and cut off score in NEET for getting admission to Dadar and Nagar Haveli medical college in 2021 then:
- For the economically weaker section, the 50th percentile was the cutoff and 720-138 was the cut score required for this category to get admitted to a medical course.
- For OBC the cut-off score was 137-108 and the 40th percentile was the cutoff percentile required for admissions in 2021 for the OBC category.
- For SC /ST candidates the cutoff percentile was the same as that of OBC candidates, that is 40th percentile, and the cut of marks/score required for both these categories was 137-108 in 2021.
The counseling schedule of Dadra and Nagar haveli NEET is systematized by the Directorate of Medical & Health Service. The candidates need to go through the scoreboard thoroughly because the scorecard of NEET-UG is consented by the different private and government medical and dental institutions of Dadra & Nagar Haveli by Dadra & Nagar Haveli MBBS/BDS counseling 2021.
The counseling time allotted for all candidates of the general category is 1 pm to 2 pm and the time of slot allotment is 12:30 pm. The counseling schedule for all the candidates of the ST category is 2 pm to 3 pm and the slot allotment is 1:30 pm. For all the EWS/OBC/SC category candidates the counseling schedule is 3 pm to 4 pm and the time of slot allotment is 2:30 pm.
Types of NEET Counselling and Their Respective Counselling Body
- NEET Ayush counseling for Armed Forces Medical College and the counselling body is DGHS on behalf of AFMC Pune and MCC.
- NEET Ayush counseling for all the seats of Deemed and Central Universities together with BAMS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, and the counseling body is DGHS on behalf of MCC.
- NEET Counselling for 85% of state allowance seats (all the seats of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private institutions and the counseling body is respective state counselling authorities.
- NEET Ayush Counselling for IP allowance seats in ESIC College (AFMC) and the counseling body is DGHS on behalf of MCC.
- NEET Ayush counseling for 15% AQI seats (apart from Jammu & Kashmir) IN GOVERNMENT Ayush Colleges and the counseling body is DGHS on behalf of MCC.
- NEET Ayush counseling for 85% state allowance seats In DU Colleges (LHMC, MAMS, UCMS) and the counseling body is DGHS on behalf of MCC.
Selection Procedure of Dadra & Nagar Haveli NEET Counselling 2021 for admission in MBBS/BDS courses:
In the first instance, all the applications will be counted in the unreserved category. In case the applicant does not succeed to get admission in the unreserved category, their application will be contemplated in the pertinent reserved category (ST/SC/OBC/EWS/Wards of Indian Coast Guard Personnel posted at Daman/Ex-Serviceman) for which he/she has requested. Although, the application of candidates who have availed of any advantages available under any preserved quota shall be taken into account under the respective quota only.
The register of nominated candidates will be shown on the official website of the Research Institute, Silvassa, and NAMO Medical Education Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
Exam Dates Related to Dadra & Nagar Haveli NEET 2022
NEET is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). As NEET 2021 was delayed and CBSE announced the 12th board examination in April and May.
So, it is estimated that the online registration of the application form may be starting in April or May and the deadline for the submission form will be the 2nd week of May. The admit cards may be released in the 1st or 2nd week of July. And it is predicted that NTA may organize NEET 2022 exams in the 1st or 2nd week of July. If the exam is conducted in July, then the result will be announced in the 1st week of August and NEET counseling 2022 will take place in the 3rd week of September. The examination will be obliged as a uniform entrance examination for MBBS admission in the courses like BUMS, BAMS, BDS, BHMS, BSMS, and various undergraduate medical courses.
The seat allocation of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is done in both stages All India counseling as well as State counseling because most of the time the seats become vacant as the candidates withdraw their seats due to many reasons like when the candidates are not able to arrange the fees or funds, they do not get the college as per their choice or lack the documents required, etc. When the dates for submitting documents/reporting to the college/ fee deposits are passed all vacant seats are made available for the next rounds.
Separate counseling rounds for All India counseling and State counseling have been scheduled in February 2022. The mop-up round and Stray round of State counseling are organized in February and March. The combined counselling round, mop-up round, and Stray round for All India & State 2022 are yet to be announced.
The DMHS, Dadra, and Nagar Haveli formulate and circulate the merit list of each category. Students can evaluate their chance to get admission to the college of their preference based on previous years’ cut-offs of that college.
Application Fee for Dadra and Nagar Haveli NEET 2022
The application fee for admission in MBBS/BDS course differs with different categories. For SC, ST, PWD, and women applicants the amount of application fee is Rs.250 and for all the applicants except SC, ST, PWD, and women applicants the application fees are 500. The application fees are paid online during the application process and these are non-refundable.
For other institutions, the application fee for general category students is 1500. For general-EWS/OBC-NCL candidates, the application fee is 1400, and for SC/ST/PH candidates, the application fee is 800. The application fee outside India costs around 7500.
The legislature has issued legislation termed the Central Education Institution. Its objective is to provide reservations to the students who belong to Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, and other backward classes of citizens.
The NEET-UG reservation will be issued to state dental and medical colleges under the All India scheme along with central institutions. The decision on seat reservation of NEET-UG helps nearly 550 EWS and 1,500 OBC candidates. Candidates must note that the NEET reservation criteria 2022 is supervised under reservation instructions of the Government of India (GOI). Furthermore, EWS and OBC, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 15% seats for Scheduled Caste (SC). all the medical aspirants need to fill their reservation criteria for NEET-UG while registering for NEET 2022 admissions.
The students who have applied under the All India Quota will be allocated 15% of the total seats in every state, which means the candidates who have applied under this criterion are eligible for 15% of the medical seats in all the medical universities in the state. 11% of seats are available for the candidates who are nominated by the government of Dadra & Nagar Haveli. 73% of the seats are available for the students of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and 1% of the seats are available forwards for ex-Defence Personnel/Servicemen.
Top Medical Colleges of Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Dadra and Nagar Haveli, a union territory in Western India. Dadra and Nagar Haveli have immense and enormous natural beauty. The best thing about Dadra and Nagar Haveli is the meandering rivers, lush green forests, far-flung mountain ranges and a marvelous complex pattern of flora and fauna are the most fascinating features of this union territory. More to the point, the State has some premium educational research organizations that offer high standard educational conveniences at the bare least prices.
Shri Vinoba Bhave College of Nursing, Silvassa
Shri Vinoba Bhave Institute of Medical Sciences, commonly known as Government Medical College, Silvassa was established recently in 2019. Silvassa is the capital of Union Territory Dadra & Nagar Haveli which was previously under Portuguese regulations. It is affiliated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University and is recognized by the Government of India. Government medical college Silvassa is rising under the Ministry of Health and family welfare Government of India.
This Institute is located in Dadra and Nagar Haveli with a yearly intake of 150 seats. The college campus spreads over 14.48-acre with lush green areas on sayli road in the wonderful city of Silvassa.
They offer an MBBS course and the college campus provides a central library, residential quarters, boys hostel, girls hostel, and intern hostel.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College, Silvassa
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College was inaugurated in the year 2010. This college is identified by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development. This union territory has a huge population of ST/SC/Minority and weaker sections and has less than a 6% Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER). For that reason, it was very necessary to set up a degree college in this Union Territory.
Initially, it started as a higher secondary school in Naroli With commerce and arts faculties with 120 students. The science faculty was started in July 2012 with a strength of 130 students.
At present, the college is providing higher education to more than 1600 students.
They offer three-year undergraduate degree courses at Gujarat University Ahmedabad in B.Sc (Core subjects: Microbiology, Chemistry, Botany, and Mathematics) and BA. (Core subjects: Economics, Gujarati, English), B.Com.
They also work hard to provide all-around enhancement to all the students by organizing extracurricular activities. They have a skilled team of teaching professors and supporting staff, and numerous committees for various like anti-ragging cell, activities, and women development cell.
Counseling for medical admission in Dadar and Nagar Haveli is taking a new turn. Last year in 2022, we saw a rise in cut-off marks for each category which explain that the craze for the medical field is on a rise in India’s Union Territory, Dadra, and Nagar Haveli. The rise in competition at this place can be seen since 2019 because of the opening of a medical college which is offering 150 medical seats for courses like MBBS and BDS.
This counseling process is handled by the Directorate of Medical and Health Services of Dadar and Nagar Haveli. All important jobs/parts are done by this association so that the counseling can be held freely and with transparency. The medical field is on a boom at almost every location possible in this world.
To conclude, we all can agree that the counseling procedures in Dadar and Nagar Haveli Union Territory are held in the most perfect and suitable way possible so that deserving candidates can get admission to the college. Also, there is a rise in the medical profession across the world. Hence, opening colleges and scheduling counseling at reserved places like Dadar and Nagar Haveli can open wide opportunities not only for the students but for society as well.
See Also: Andijan State Medical Institute
If you have any queries regarding admission to the Dadar and Nagar Haveli NEET Counseling Leave your comment below.