CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) 2021
- How many rounds is it?
- What is the difference between JoSAA and CSAB?
- Should I participate in CSAB rounds? What is its eligibility?
- Which aspirants can participate?
- Which documents are required?
- How much is the participation fee?
- In case of not getting a seat, how much fee will be refunded?
I will explain all the details one by one in this article.
The reason behind this is that it is seen that a lot of students are not aware of many students are not able to pay that much money. Let us now look further into the details of CSAB-
What is CSAB Counseling 2021?
See, you have given the exam for JEE Main, after JEE MAIN exam, your rank comes. That result has a CRL rank. It has category rank.
The category rank that comes, is the counseling of JoSAA. The counseling of JoSAA is of seven rounds. You take part in those seven rounds and get collages.
But even after those 6th round, it has been seen that a lot of seats (IIT, IIIT, NIT) are left vacant. To fill this gap, the government has started CSAB counselling.
If you sit in CSAB round, you will have to register, if you do not register, then your seat will be canceled.
- Latest: JEE Main College Predictor 2021
Get Expert advice on CSAB, by registering with us:
CSAB 2021(Central Seat Allocation Board 2021)
CSAB 2021 will be conducted separately for the three stations –
- CSAB-UT (for supernumerary seats in the Union Territories),
- CSAB-NEUT(for North-Eastern states and Union Territories), and
- CSAB(SFTI) (Self-financed technical institutes).
In the year 2019, CSAB for SFTI was not conducted due to less participating colleges/universities.
The registration process for the different stations of CSAB 2020 will open separately in the online process.
The students will have to complete the CSAB registration for participation in the allotment process.
After registration, Also Choice filling process according to preference has to be done. The system will allot the registered candidates on the basis of their JEE Main score, preferences and availability of seats.
The allocation process of CSAB 2020 will be conducted separately for the three admission stations.
Read the full article to know more information about CSAB counseling procedure 2021.
- It is important to mention some important things before starting in counseling details.
1. Whatever students have given JEE main, they are eligible.
2. CSAB counseling starts in July.
Now let’s start with details about CSAB counseling. Counseling takes place in some steps, such as registration, documents verification, choice filling, seat allocation, reporting, www of seats, spot round
- Registration: CSAB registration is an online form filling process, it starts in June last week. In which you have a party to fill fees along with details.
- Verification of domicile and category certificate: For this, there are state-level centers, where documents have to be verified.
- Choice Filling: The duration for this is usually 5 days. You can have any number of choice options in it. It has to be kept in order of choice. It locks automatically on the last day.
- Reporting at centers: After allotment, reporting centers have to go with Surrey papers. Usually, 5 days is available for this. Those who complete the admission process after the allotment are admitted to the allotted college and those who have not reported, both cannot participate in the other counseling. Those who have upgraded seats in the second branch in the same college in the next round do not have to report to the college.
- Withdrawl of seats: After the second round, there is a time to leave the seat, in that period the security fees are returned to the person who ends the seat. You will have to replace the seat in the given period. Security will not be returned after completion of the period.
- Spot Round: The final takes place in the Spot Round which takes place at the State Centers. The seats which remain vacant after 2nd round are filled in this round.
CSAB 2021 Counselling Schedule
|Last week of July||Vacancy release|
|Last week of July||Registration Started|
|End July||Registration End|
|End July||1st round seat allocation|
|Starting of August||Seat Acceptance|
|1st week of August||2nd Round seat Allocation|
|2-5 August||Reporting and Taking Admission|
- Even if you have done counseling JoSAA, you can participate in CSAB counseling.
- If you have got counseling for Josa and got a seat, you can still be a counseling poet CSAB.
- If you have not got counseling from JoSAA, you can still get CSAB counseling.
- Even if you did not get a seat at the counseling for JoSAA, you can.
- If you got JoSAA counseling and you got IIT, you can still attend CSAB counseling.
- The seat allot in CSAB counseling will be on the CRL rank.
- The category rank becomes the general rank here.
- Your seat in CSAB Counseling is ALLOT and if you do not take admission then your Rs. 5000 will be cut.
- If you do not have to allot seats in CSAB counseling, Rs. 1500 will be cut.
FAQ’s regarding CSAB 2021
Question: Can I get a seat in NIT through CSAB-special round?
Answer: off course, one can get any NIT in the extraordinary round on the off chance that he has both of these: great position or karma or some SC/ST class (up to 1 lac rank) or Metallurgy/Chemical branch for the situation he doesn’t have a great position (under 50k)
Q: Can I get a seat in NIT through CSAB-special round?
Ans: off course, one can get any NIT in the extraordinary round on the off chance that he has both of these: great position or karma or some SC/ST class (up to 1 lac rank) or Metallurgy/Chemical branch for the situation he doesn’t have a great position (under 50k).
On the off chance that one has distributed any NIT, at that point, he would get the same/another NIT in spot round/unique round.
Q: Is it beneficial to participate in CSAB Special Round Counselling?
A: For those students whose rank is not good enough in JEE and still want to take admission in top colleges should definitely participate in C.S.A.B. special round counseling. In the year 2019, approximately 3000 seats were vacant in IITs, NIT’s and SFTI’s.
Que: What is wrong with CSAB special round?
Ans: I think an inappropriate is with the understudies who underestimate the C.S.A.B.( either in light of the fact that they haven’t totally perused the business rules).
It is obviously expressed that in the event that you don’t report at the foundation in the wake of having been assigned a seat in any round, your qualification will be dropped and you can’t take an interest in any further adjustments.
Presently, going to your concern, on the off chance that you didn’t need that specific foundation, you shouldn’t have filled it as your decision. Also, in the event that you needed a superior organization through JOSAA, you ought to have revealed and applied for a “drift” alternative.
In conclusion, you need to recall that the techniques are controlled by a specific arrangement of decides and that you can’t simply disregard or change them as per your accommodation.
Q: What is CSAB? Which colleges are participating in C.S.A.B. counseling? Which colleges should I prefer?
A: CSAB counseling is for admission to IIT, NIT, SFTIs. Admissions to NITs, IIITs , IITs , ISM , IIEST, GFTIs have been collected and a single portal created called JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
Que: What is a special round in CSAB-counseling?
A: In the year 2015, the guiding for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (NIT+ framework) were finished by the JoSAA alongside IITs and ISM (IIT+ framework). There were 3 and 4 rounds of directing for the IIT+ and the NIT+system separately.
After the four rounds, there were as yet numerous seats left empty in the NIT+ framework as there was no withdrawal arrangement of affirmation in the middle of the rounds. Thus, CSAB sorted out an uncommon round to top off these empty seats around one month after the fourth round seat acknowledgment date.
Presently, since JoSAA is directing 6 rounds of advising this year and has included the withdrawal choice, it is hard to state if there would be any extraordinary round led for the current year.
Q: Did anyone get into IIIT in the CSAB-special round? What was your rank?
Question: How will I get my refund of CSAB special round fees?
Answer: After completing your admission process, at least a time of not many months will get over with no data of discount. Then a notification will be given by your school and CSAB to apply for a discount by filling an online structure. Subsequently, a rundown is going to come having names of applicants and their qualifications from your school lastly you’ll get back your discounts. This entire procedure takes a decent timeframe. For my situation, it took this year’s February month to get a discount. But, that may fluctuate from college, amount to be discounted, class, and so forth…
And, if u are somebody who didn’t take affirmations then u must get your cash discounted very soon.