Looking for Latest News & Updates About B.SC in Top Colleges Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below:
A Bachelor of Science is an undergraduate academic degree awarded for completed courses that generally last three to five years. Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) is an Academic Degree which is awarded to students graduating in the field of Science. Bachelor of Science is one of the most popularly pursued courses in India. In India, the duration of the B.Sc course is 3 years. There are many Science subjects offered to students according to their interests but it depends on the university and combinations offered, that students can choose from. Though most universities refer to the degree as B.Sc, it is also sometimes referred to as BS. Science course combinations include various branches of Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science. The Bachelor of Science course involves a lot of practical experience as well as interdisciplinary theoretical practice. Students are exposed to a vast range of subjects and research in the field of their choice. The B.Sc. degree course is a graduate degree course in Science; this can be a part-time or full-time course. Graduates of B.Sc are given employment opportunities in both core science industries and otherwise. There are also some Arts/Commerce subjects that are sometimes offered under B.Sc, like Economics or Statistics, depending on the university and other norms. Bachelor of Science Degree Course is designed to develop graduates with the key practical skills and interdisciplinary knowledge.
The students are involved in completing pre-planned lab work based on textbooks and reading and adapting to well-known theories. Students study an extensive range of courses and perform research in their choice of field. Bachelor of Science degree programs is mostly meant for those students who have a strong background in Mathematics and the Sciences.
The subjects studied during the B.Sc course are both factual as well as application-based. Most students, after obtaining the B.Sc degree, prefer to further their specialization in the field of their choice by pursuing the M.Sc course. Only students who have a strong aptitude for Science and Applied Sciences must pursue the B.Sc course. Since the Science degree is completely focussed on factual information and practical knowledge, the applications of science are the same universally, and scientists are constantly in demand across the globe.
To be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Science, the student must have cleared the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2 level) with English, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with Mathematics, Biology or Computer Science. Selection and admissions for B.Sc are entirely through merit on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the previous qualifying examination. Some colleges may, however, have an entrance test or personal interview as the basis for their selection process.
Admission Eligibility for B.Sc:
The admission to the B.Sc courses is based on Class 12th percentage. Some universities also conduct their entrance exam for admission.
There are various colleges which offer 3 to 5 years Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) program. Each college has different admission procedure for this program. They give admission on the basis of merit.
Some public and private college also conduct examinations for the admission to various B.Sc. degree courses.
Advantages of B.Sc:
B.Sc graduates can study a variety of subjects, including mathematics, chemistry, forensics, computer programming and engineering; therefore, job prospects for B.Sc majors offer a similarly diverse range of professional fields to work in, such as healthcare, finance, biology, chemistry, forensic sciences, consulting, engineering, education and computer programming.
Three high-paying positions one could obtain with a B.Sc degree are a senior software engineer, chief financial officer, and senior professional service consultant, according to January 2016 data from ‘Payscale.com.’
Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Science:
- Admission to B.Sc program is through both entrance examination and merit-based. Certain universities offer both direct admission and entrance based admission to the program. However, few Universities require Candidates to have given any of the applicable Entrance Exams for B.Sc.
- Candidates who are applying for the B.Sc program should beforehand have their results from the respective Entrance Exams required by the selected/opted Universities.
- Applications for admissions can be availed either from the University website or by visiting the Admissions Office of the same. Candidates will have to fill out the required details in a match with the existing documents.
- Candidates are advised to have a look at the list of Entrance Exams applicable for B.Sc, for various Universities. Candidates should also make sure they qualify in the Education Eligibility criteria with the minimum required marks.
Top colleges for Bachelor of Science:
- Gargi College, Delhi University
- Jesus & Mary College, [JMC] New Delhi
- Miranda House, Delhi University
- Hans Raj College, Delhi University
- Delhi Technological University, [DTU], New Delhi
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi University, New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University Entrance Exam
- Jamia Mallia Islamia University entrance exam