Looking for Latest News & Updates About BSC.HONS-MSC in Top Colleges Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below:
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc]:
Bachelor of Science Honours is an undergraduate course. Mathematics is the study of quantity, structure, space, and change. B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics program provides in-depth knowledge about geometry, trigonometry, calculus and various other theories in Mathematics or related disciplines, such as computer science or statistics in addition to study of the normal Bachelor of Science subjects like Physics and Chemistry. The duration of the course is three years and the syllabus for the course is divided into six semesters. This Mathematics Honours course is an important and valuable one that provides opportunities to the candidates of taking some of the subjects of Master’s degree. After completing the course they can go for many fields to obtain jobs. The course is being offered by many colleges/universities in off and on campuses throughout the country.
- The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science stream with a minimum of 50% marks secured in Mathematics subject and/or in aggregate from a recognized board of the country.
- Also, some reputed colleges and institutes do conduct entrance examination to get admission to their B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics degree course. Selection to the degree course in these colleges is based on marks secured in the final merit i.e. total marks aggregated in the final exams of 10+2 and the entrance exam
Master of Science [M.Sc]:
Master of Science is a postgraduate course. The science comprises the fields of science that involve the scientific study of living organisms, like plants, animals, and human beings. As far this Masters’ degree is concerned there is a common curriculum for semesters I, II and III, whereas in semester IV, the students will be given the option of specializing in one area from different areas of Life Sciences that would be on offer at that time. The minimum duration of the program is two years the maximum time is four years. The syllabus for the course is of four semesters and career offering in nature.
- B.Sc. (three years) Degree after 10+2 with Major/Honours in Life Sciences and any other related life science discipline/Biosciences/Botany/Zoology
- B.Sc. General/Pass degree with Life sciences/Biosciences with Botany and Zoology (equal weight-age) as two of the three main Subjects.
- At least 50 percent marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for General candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST candidates.