Master of Physiotherapy is a Post Graduate Academic Degree awarded for a course or program in the field of Physical Therapy, more popularly known as Physiotherapy. It is also known as MPT or M.P.T. which is an abbreviated form of the Master of Physiotherapy degree. Some Institutes also abbreviate it as ‘M.P.Th’ which also stands for Master of Physiotherapy. The duration of M.P.T. is 2 years. Physical Therapy programs provide a practical learning experience which enables knowledge gain, skill and the required behaviour expected from an expert Physiotherapist. The syllabus is based on case studies and clinical practice so as to encourage students in critical thinking.
- Eligibility for Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) course is 50% aggregate marks in BPT with the completion of 6 months internship. Apart from this one also needs to clear the entrance test to get admission.
Looking for Latest News & Updates About MPT in Top Colleges Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below:
Admission Procedure for Master of Physiotherapy:
- The aspirants of MPT program need to take the entrance exam conducted on the university basis or on the national basis.
- The previous academic performance is also given some importance during the admission process. The candidates will get the application form from the admission centre of the respective examination body.
- Most of the institutes/colleges are providing the facility of online registration for the entrance exam.
Advantages/Benefits of Master of Physiotherapy:
Master of Physiotherapy is an advanced program where one person learns to pick one of the very challenging positions like a clinician, teacher, consultant and researcher etc.
- MTP enables one person to study a lot of skills in treating patients and gain more confidence in the process.
- Getting a master degree in one’s chosen field of interest increases the employment opportunities
Top Colleges for Master of Physiotherapy:
Here the Best Colleges in India for Candidates wishing to pursue MTP:
- Bethany Navajeevan College of Physiotherapy,
- Jaipur Physiotherapy College, Jaipur
Entrance Exams for Master of Physiotherapy:
Enrollment in the course necessitates qualifying the entrance examination conducted by the different institutes located all over the country. To name a few of the entrance examinations in India here is a list:
- All India Post Graduate Physiotherapy Entrance Test
- CET Entrance Exam for Masters Program
- Guru Govinda Indraprastha University Physiotherapy Entrance Exam
- JIPMER All India Entrance Exam
Entrance Exam Pattern for Master of Physiotherapy:
The Master of Physiotherapy entrance test consists of two and a half hours to three and half hours duration. It consists of 200-300 objective type questions from topics such as:
- Physiotherapy-Rehabilitation in Clinical Sciences:
Coaching Centers for Master of Physiotherapy Entrance Exam:
Here is the list of the well-known coaching centres for candidates willing to get help in preparing for the MPT Entrance Examination:
- A.K Vidyamandir
- Aakash institute
- Aakashdeep Academy
- Aggarwal Classes
- Akshar Academy
- Brilliant Tutorials Pvt. Ltd.
- Career forum
- Career Point
- City College
- Darshana Academy
- Elite Academy
- Excellent Institute
Reference Books for Master of Physiotherapy Entrance Exam:
Candidates can refer the following textbooks for better preparation for the MPT Entrance Examination. However, Candidates are still advised to go through the previous year Examination papers/Model Papers for better results.
- Therapeutic Electricity by Sydney Licht
- Therapeutic Exercise by Basmajian
- Therapeutic Electricity by Sydney Licht
- The yogi philosophy of physical well-being by Yogi Tamacharaka
- The Children’s Sports injuries by David Kennedy
- Textbook of Medical Biochemistry by Chatterjee and Shinde
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology by Natarajan
- Muscle testing by Daniel
- Modern College Physics by Harvey E. White
- Medicine by Golwala
- Medicine and Neurology by Golwala
- Medicine and Neurology by Davidson
- Krusen’s textbook of physical medicine and rehabilitation by Krusen Kottke
- Key issue in Neurological Physiotherapy by Ada/Canning