Master of Dental Sciences- MDS
Master of Dental Surgery- MDS is a postgraduate Dentistry course. Dentistry is the branch of medicine dealing with the anatomy and development and diseases of the teeth.
The duration of Master of Dental Sciences- MDS is generally three years, however, there is a provision of two years M.D.S. Course for candidates who have passed Post Graduate Diploma course recognized by the DCI of the duration of two years in a particular specialty.
The maximum time period to complete the course may vary, as per Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, the maximum time period is six years. The programs foster the development of critical analysis, research skills, and advanced clinical skills that will be recognized for specialist registration.
Dental Council of India (D.C.I) is the regulatory body for Dental courses and various dental institutes have to adhere to the regulations provided. The duration of the course is three years and it is career orienting in nature.
- The minimum qualification for this course is Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S) or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- Candidate not possessing a recognized Dental qualification for the above purpose should secure the prior approval of his qualifications by the Dental Council of India before he can be admitted to the M.D.S. course of any University in India.
- The Age Limit is mostly 21 years of age. The selection of students to M.D.S. is based on the merit of the candidate and for the determination of merit. All India Common Entrance Test (AICET) is conducted by various Dental Colleges or by the agency specified by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- Foreign Nationals seeking admission to the Post Graduate course in various institutes must procure temporary registration by Dental Council of India for the duration of the Postgraduate training restricted to the dental college to which he/she is admitted.
- A Candidate should be physically fit to undergo the M.D.S course and should not suffer from any contagious disease.
- The admission procedure may differ from institute to institute. One may apply through online or offline mode to the respective colleges.
- One must attend the different national level or state level PG medical entrance exam for the admission.
- NEET PG medical exam score is considered by most of the reputed colleges around the country.
- Some institutes consider the marks scored in national and state level in 50-50 format.
- One can acquire skills in advanced techniques and methods pertaining to dental care and correction. It provides a high degree of clinical proficiency in the subject matter and develops competence in research and its methodology.
- Dentists help people maintain their health and appearance and as such are looked upon with great respect.
- Candidates undergoing Dentistry courses can also get lucrative placement in overseas dental hospitals, treatment centers, and nursing homes. They can also set up their independent dentistry facilities in foreign cities and towns as well.
- M.D.S. Dental Degree Course enables one to become a registered Dental Specialist.
- All India Post Graduate Medical/ Dental Entrance Examination
- Annamalai University MDS Entrance Exam
- Avinashilingam Deemed University for Women MDS Entrance Exam
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences MDS Entrance Exam
- Banaras Hindu University BHU MDS Entrance Test
- Calicut University MDS Entrance Exam
- Delhi University MDS Entrance Exam
- Calcutta University MDS Entrance Exam
- Manipal University MDS Entrance Exam
- Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences MDS Entrance Exam
- NEET MDS entrance exam
Top Colleges(Master of Dental Sciences- MDS):
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Science, Delhi
- Manipal College of Dental Science, Mangalore
- Bapuji Dental College & Hospital, Davangere
- SDM College of Dental Science & Hospital, Dharwad
- Government Dental College & Hospital, Mumbai
- SRM Dental College, Chennai