Master Chirurgiae or Master of Chirurgiae is an Advanced Post Graduate Academic Degree awarded for a course or program in the field of Surgery. It is also known as M.Ch. which is an abbreviated form of the Master Chirurgiae degree. ‘Magister Chirurgiae’ is a Latin term which stands for ‘Master of Surgery’ in English. The duration of the M.Ch. the degree is 3 years including the examination period. The examination for M.Ch. is held at the end of 3 academic years which include 6 academic terms. Master Chirurgiae is equivalent of Doctor of Medicine (D.M.) when compared to M.S. (Master of Surgery) and M.D. (Doctor of Medicine), in terms of an advanced course. The course curriculum of Master Chirurgiae is mostly based on practical and clinical skills which will come in use in real life surgical procedures. M.Ch. Candidates also participate in surgical operations. Master Chirurgiae provides a Doctor advanced qualification in surgery. All candidates joining the M.Ch. training program works as full-time residents during the period of training, attending not less than 80% of the training during each calendar year, and given full-time responsibility, assignments and participation in all facets of the educational process.
Looking for Latest News & Updates About M.Ch in Top Collegs Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below:
M.S. degrees, or equivalent recognized qualification in the required subject; Provided that where an institution on the date of commencement for these Regulation, is imparting five-year training in Neurology and Neuro-Surgery, such institution shall continue to have five-year training course.
The admissions are only based on merit and the entrance examinations are conducted by medical colleges and universities. Every year there are different universities and medical colleges conducting entrance exams for M Ch courses. Candidates who are eligible will be selected for interview and counseling. The admission procedure varies from institute to institute, onemay apply through online or offline mode respectively. They should fill in all the details and submit the form before the deadlines.
- Master Chirurgiae enables a doctor to become more efficient in planning and advising measures for the prevention and rehabilitation of patients suffering from disease and disability related to the speciality.
- M.Ch. helps a candidate in developing skills in using educational methods and techniques which are applicable to the teaching of medical/nursing students, general physicians and paramedical health workers. This gives a significant importance to a candidates repute and skill.
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Entrance Examination
- L.L.R.M.M.C. D.M. & M.Ch. Entrance Examination
- KLE Academy of higher education and research Post-Doctoral Super-Specialty Entrance Examination
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) M.Ch Entrance Examination
- Delhi University M.Ch Cardiothoracic Super specialty Entrance Examination
- CSM Medical University DM/M Ch Entrance examination
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU) DM M.Ch Entrance Examination
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) M.Ch Entrance Examination
- All India D.M/M.Ch. Entrance Examination
The pattern of entrance examination for the Master of Chirurgiae will be different according to the admission test. Usually the examination questions will be consisting of MCQ with duration of three hours or three and half hours with 250-300 questions and the syllabus will be of the MBBS program. The admission test also covers the syllabus of MS program and also evaluates the practical paper for evaluating the candidates’ understanding in the application part.
Coaching Centres for M.Ch Entrance Exam:
- A.K. Vidyamandir (Medical Wing)
- Aakash Institute
- Brilliant Tutorils Pvt Ltd
- Caeer Fourm
- Career Launcher
- Career Point
- City College
- Helix Institute
- Imperial Tutorials
- Manya Education Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata
- S. S. Coachings
- Sahil Study Circle
- Vidya Tutorials Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata
- Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Jawaharlal Institute of P.G. Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore