BPT or Bachelor of Physiotherapy is an undergraduate Academic Course in a Medical Science Field known as Physiotherapy. Physiotherapy uses physical agents like exercise, massage and other modalities for providing treatment to those patients whose movement and function are threatened by ageing, injury, disease or environmental factors. The duration of BPT is 4½ years including internship of 6 months. Physical Therapy Programs provide core skills like manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and the application of electro physical modalities, to the prospective students. There are various Physical Therapy Colleges which offer Physiotherapy Courses. Physical Therapy Degree Course is especially meant for those who have compassion for the sick or injured. Physiotherapy is very challenging and demanding as one may need to work for long hours and have tremendous patience as some patients may not respond to immediate treatment. Apart from rigorous education, one needs to have lots of physical stamina because of the nature of the work. An individual seeking a physical therapy career should have excellent interpersonal skills in order to get the best from his patients.
- To pursue BPT one needs to be pass in 12th class or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology (including practical) provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately.
- There is a Common Entrance Test (CET) for the course in Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). Admission is based mainly on CET scores.
- A candidate seeking admission to Bachelor of Physiotherapy should be at least 17 years of age.
- One can open up a clinic or start practicing physiotherapy after completion of the course.
- Candidate can pursue for higher studies after the course completion to get an in-depth knowledge on the other specialisations provided like, pulmonary and cardiovascular, geriatric, sports therapy, orthopaedic, neurological and paediatric.
- One must go through the different entrance exams that are conducted by securing good marks in the exams.
- Some of the institutes provide direct admission on the basis of 10+2 scores in science stream.
- CET is the common entrance test for this course which allows the candidate to take admission in the program.
- There are other colleges which conduct their own entrance exam for the admission.
- NIMS BPT
- NTRUHS Para Medical entrance test
- RUHS BPT
- Baba Farid University BPT
- MGM CET BPT
- CMC, Vellore
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai
- Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata
- Government Medical College, Nagpur
Looking for Latest News & Updates About BPT in Top Collegs Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below: