B.Pharm. or Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate Pharmacy course. Pharmacy is the art and science of preparing and dispensing drugs and medicines. The duration of B.Pharm. is four years whose curriculum is covered in a number of 6-8 Semesters, varying from institute to institute. B.Pharm. syllabus provides valuable knowledge of health care and bio-chemical science. It helps developing the skills to counsel the patients on the use of medicines and drugs. Students are expected to perform a number of experiments along with theory classes. Pharmacy education and profession in India up to graduate level is regulated by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), a statutory body governed by the provisions of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 passed by the Indian Parliament. Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy enables one to practice the profession of a Pharmacist. There are a number of recognized universities worldwide which offer online Pharmacy Degree. Some of the online Pharmacy Degree Schools are University of Florida, Kaplan University, Baker College, Lehigh University, University of Phoenix, Grand Canyon University and University of Liverpool.
Looking for Latest News & Updates About B.Pharma in Top Colleges Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below:
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy requires a candidate to have cleared 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology as subjects. One must also pass with at least 50% aggregate marks in Pre-University Course with biology/mathematics as one of the subjects, or complete a D.Pharma. (Diploma in Pharmacy).
- There is an option of pursuing Direct Second Year Bachelor of Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) if one has: Should have aggregate of 50% aggregate marks in the First and Second year D. Pharmacy Examination with a pass in HSC or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) or Mathematics. Or
- Minimum qualifying marks in 10+2 examination as per Regulation (1a) above with pass in two year D. Pharmacy course.
- The criteria of minimum percentage of marks may differ from institute to institute. In some states it is also mandatory to give an additional pharmacy entrance examination in order to be eligible for the course.
List of Top Colleges:
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science, Manipal
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Jamia Hamdard, Delhi
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- Al Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- D.Pharm (Pharmacy Diploma)
- Pharm.D (Doctorate of Pharmacy)