Master of Applied Management [MAM] – Course Admissions and Eligibility
Overview of Master of Applied Management:
Applied management is one of most the prominent branches of management which allows those working in it to apply concepts and theories focusing on leadership, real world management, organizational behavior, and effective communication to polish the managerial skills of individuals. Students seeking careers in applied management can opt for a number of programs such as a certificate, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. Master in Applied Management is a sought after professional degree program allowing students to improve the prospects of managerial level positions. Students can complete the online Master of Applied Management at their own pace. The degree can also be opted in the form of accelerated, executive or the online programs.
Master in Applied Management offers an understanding of different real world managerial situations improving decision making and communication skills. The program is an integration of management and business theories in practical circumstances. Students learn team building, innovation, management skills, leadership, and communication via the case-based mode of education.
The MAM –Master of Applied Management Programme will be for a period of 5 Years. The total duration of the Programme will be divided into 10 semesters. The course shall provide an undergraduate degree in 3 years, namely Bachelor of Management (BM) OR 4 years, namely, Bachelor of Applied Management (BAM) followed by Master’s Degree in 5 years, namely, Master of Applied Management (MAM). 1. Award of Bachelor of Management (BM) at the end of three years, if one wishes to discontinue the studies OR Award of Bachelor of Applied Management (BAM) at the end of Four Years. AND 2. Award of Master of Applied Management (MAM) at the end of Five Years.
- For admission to this Programme, a student should have passed 12th standard (or equivalent) examination and obtained at least 45% (40% marks for reserved category students).
- The ITI Certificate holders are NOT eligible for admission to this Programme. However, a candidate who passed any Diploma Course from any recognized Polytechnic is eligible.
- A Candidate who have completed 10+2 from National Open School or a diploma in any other course from any polytechnic or (10+2) are eligible for the 5 years Dual Degree Programme.
- Admission taken at the first year shall be for admission to “5 Year Dual Degree Programme” and he/she will not be required to take re-admission at any stage of the course unless he/she discontinues the course after 3rd or 4th year. The course framework provides additional entry points as,
- Student, who has discontinued his/her studies on obtaining BM degree, can join at later date for the 4th & 5th year of the course to complete MAM Programme. However, such student shall not be awarded BAM degree at the end of the 4th year even if he/she discontinues studies at 4th year.
- Student, who has discontinued his/her studies on obtaining BAM degree, can join at later date for the 5th year of the course to complete MAM.
Note: However, the student should complete the course within 6 Years for BM Degree, 8 Years for BAM and 10 Years for MAM degree from the date of entry into the course.
Top-Colleges in India for MAM:
- ABSS Institute of Technology
- Accord Business School
- Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science
- CU Shah College of Engineering and Technology
- Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University
- Dr. Virendra Swarup Institute of Professional Studies
- Institute of Professional Education and Research