B.B.A. or Bachelor of Business Administration is an undergraduate Business Management course. The duration of Bachelor of Business Administration is 3-4 years, divided into a number of semesters. The course can be pursued either as a Full-Time Graduate Course or Part Time Graduate Course i.e. through Correspondence or Distance Education depending upon one’s choice. B.B.A. is often referred as B.B.A. (General) or B.B.A. Pass Course. It is General in the sense that it is not Subject Specific and one can choose a number of combinations of subjects, apart from 1-2 Compulsory Subjects. These combinations vary from institute to institute.Bachelor’s degree programmes in Business Administration are also known by various names in different institutes; B.B.S. (Bachelor of Business Studies), B.M.S. (Bachelor of Management Studies) etc. are courses which are more or less the same thing. B.B.A. Course is designed to provide basic understanding about Management education and to train the students in communication skills effectively which inculcate entrepreneurship skills. The students are prepared to explore opportunities being newly created in management profession. Business Administration study methodology involves training through practical experience in the form of case studies, projects, presentations, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from the industry.
The basic eligibility for a candidate to join BBA is 10+2 education from a recognised Education Board. Many institutes conduct common entrance exams and also demand minimum eligibility percentage to give admissions.
List of Entrance Exams
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University BBA Entrance Test (GGSIPU CET)
- All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test (AIMA UGAT)
- Joint Management Entrance Test
- GITAM University Admission Test (GITAMGAT)
- Narsee Monjee Institution of management studies (NMIMS-NPAT)
Benefits of BBA
- Students graduating from BBA are an efficient decision maker.
- BBA would lend insight on financial risks
- BBA helps in the development of business and entrepreneurial skills.
- A wide range of career opportunities available for graduates of BBA naming share trading, Business Corporation, and print media and so on.
- Candidates become proficient in marketing sales, human resource and business models
- Leadership skill is developed as candidates get a larger perspective of the business world and acquire managerial skill set.