Master of Engineering/Master of Technology is an Academic Degree awarded to postgraduate students in the field of Engineering. The Master of Engineering degree is considered to be essential for Engineers to find top tier jobs with high salary packages. In India, the duration of the M.E/M.Tech course is 2 years, which is broken down to 4 semesters. The M.E/M.Tech degree is given the same importance in the field of Engineering as M.Phil and M.S. in fields of Science and Humanities.
There are various specialization subjects under Engineering that one can choose, depending upon the availability and merit/rankings in various universities. Master of Technology/Engineering courses is offered by most Public and Private Universities in India. The same degree is either referred to as Master of Engineering or Master of Technology according to the norms of different universities.
Engineering is applied in all fields and most professional practices. Engineering students are trained to work both theoretically and practically, with research and application-based Engineering. In India, Engineering courses are based more on knowledge and theory than hands-on work. More hands-on experience is gained during jobs that students pursue after obtaining the M.E/M.Tech degree. Some colleges focus on the fact that Master of Engineering is more theory-based and Master of Technology is more application based. The IITs and NITs provide an M.Tech degree while most colleges affiliated to regional universities award the M.E. degree.
In India, a Master of Engineering or Master of Technology or Master of Science in Technology or Master of Science in Engineering degree is a postgraduate program in engineering or technology field. This is generally a 2-year (2.5 years for M.Sc.Eng.) specialization program in a specific branch of engineering or a technical field. Students typically enter the M.Eng./M.Tech./M.Sc.Eng./M.Sc.Tech. programs after completing a 4-year undergraduate program in engineering resulting in the award of a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology degree, or a 5-year program in Science or Applied Sciences resulting in the award of a Master of Science degree.
The M.Eng./M.Tech./M.Sc.Eng./M.Sc.Tech. programs in India are usually structured as an Engineering Research degree, lesser than Ph.D. and considered to be parallel to M.Phil. and M.Sc. degrees in Humanities and Science respectively. M.Eng. and M.Sc.Eng. programs in India were started by some well-known institutions with the aim of producing Research Engineers who can also get the position of “Technologist” in the Industries and Research Institutes. In electrical engineering, for example, areas of specialization might include: power systems, energy engineering, electrical machines, instrumentation and control, high voltage or power electronics, telecommunications, communication networks, signal processing, microelectronics
- To be eligible for admission to M.Tech or M.E, candidates must have passed the qualifying examinations of all semesters in B.Tech/B.E and also write the relevant entrance examination (State PG CET, GATE, specific university entrance tests etc.) on the basis of which they will be ranked and selected for the relevant streams.
- Streams of Engineering that are in highest demand are Mechanical, Civil, Electronics & Communication, Chemical, Aeronautics, Automobile, Computer Sciences, Biotechnology etc.
- Students with the higher rankings are given the preference of more subject options and top universities.
- The course is also open for candidates who have obtained diplomas and have the required years of work experience.
- Some universities accept lateral entry (Direct admission to 2nd year) and some also provide the same course in a part-time system.
Programs in Master of Technology [M.Tech]
Looking for Latest News & Updates about Top M.Tech Colleges in India through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below :