THE BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY BIOMEDICAL PROGRAM HAS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS.
- Several new courses and laboratories have been introduced over the past 5 years to pull the program close to international standards. Examples include the introduction of new courses such as Object Oriented Programming, Microcontrollers, Embedded Systems, Tissue Engineering, and Signal and Image Processing Laboratory in MATLAB.
- Separate laboratory facility has been for research and development.
- Well-equipped laboratories: Instrumentation lab, Electronics lab, Computing lab and Research lab (which includes the Physiological Signal Acquisition Lab).
- The core subjects have practical sessions so that students can have hands-on experience.
- Industrial training as a part of the curriculum.
- The final semester project is a major opportunity for the student to utilize the subject-knowledge accumulated during the course, learn to work independently, involve in R & D activity and innovate.
Some of the major companies that have hired students from the department include the healthcare divisions of GE, Philips and Siemens, Johnson & Johnson, IBM, Wipro, TCS, Cerner, MU Sigma, etc.
THE PROGRAM OBJECTIVES OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING:
- Develop the ability to work in multidisciplinary environment involving Engineering and health care – by acquiring knowledge in Basic Sciences & Mathematics, Engineering and Medical Sciences.
- Ability to analyze real life problems, and design healthcare solutions that are technically sound, economical, and socially acceptable.
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, ability to work in teams, and adapt to changing trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
THE PROGRAM OUTCOMES OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING ARE:
- Possession of a good knowledge of basic science (including medicine), mathematics & engineering required for specific topics (as applicable) in Biomedical Engineering.
- Skill to identify and analyze problems towards effective solutions.
- Ability to provide effective solutions through data interpretation, design & implementation (as applicable to a given topic/scenario).
- Ability to identify the latest tools (hardware &/or software/program &/or materials) available, towards an effective solution to a given problem.
- An understanding of the current healthcare necessities & the associated multidisciplinary environment and sustainability, and an ability to provide appropriate engineering-solutions.
- Ability to take leadership in investigating complex healthcare problems by putting together, a cohesive multidisciplinary team.
- Professional attitude and ethical responsibilities associated with a job, including safety related issues.
- Appreciation for the necessity of, and having inculcated in oneself, the habit of lifelong learning – to adapt to changing trends.
- Possess skills to manage a project, financially and otherwise.
- Good communication skills.