Master of Commerce [M.Com] is a postgraduate academic degree which is awarded after successful completion of a two years programme. The master degree course covers the study of principles of accounting, economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, money and banking systems, knowledge about business, trade and its characteristics and politics involved, etc. In the final year, the students can opt for specialized study in any one subjects of Commerce such as Statistics, Taxation, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Insurance, etc. Simply, M.Com. is a postgraduate degree programme that focuses on the systematic study of the concepts of Accountancy, Business Studies, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Banking, Law, Taxation, Marketing, Management Studies, etc. M.Com degree serves as a basis for further advanced studies in areas such as Ph.D. and M.Phil degree in Commerce. Therefore, the study of M.Com degree provides an insight of commerce, management, and economics as a whole. This course provides better job opportunities for graduates.
- Thr basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.Com. the degree is having graduation degree in Commerce stream.
- As an alternative criterion, many universities accept any graduation degree with Honours in Economics or Business/Management Studies for admission to their M.Com degree course.
- A handful reputed institutions and universities demand a minimum of 45-50% marks in graduation as a qualifying criterion to secure admission in their M.Com. Degree course. Selection of the applicant seeking admission to the degree course in these colleges is based on marks secured in the final merit i.e, total marks aggregated in the final exams of graduation and the entrance exam.
- Acharya Nagarjuna University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Alagappa University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Aligarh Muslim University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Andhra University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Annamalai University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Assam University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Avinashilingam University For Women M.Com Entrance Exam
- Banaras Hindu University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute Of Management M.Com Entrance Exam
- Bangalore University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Bharathiar University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Calicut University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Indira Gandhi National Open University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Nehru University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Kakatiya University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Kannur University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Karnataka State Open University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Osmania University M.Com Entrance ExamYashwant Rao Chavan Maharashtra Open University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Punjab University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Rajiv Gandhi University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Shivaji University M.Com Entrance Exam
- Tamil Nadu Open University M.Com Entrance Exam
How to fill the application form for M.Com:
- The candidate can register for M.Com in their preferred college through Online/ Offline mode
- Online Mode: The candidate has to log in to the official website of the college and fill in the important details.
- Offline Mode: The candidate has to buy the application form from the college campus and fill in the details and submit it there.
- After filling in the application form the candidate will be selected according to the guidelines provided by the college.
- The candidate has to fulfill all the eligibility criteria to get selected for the personal interview round
- After completed all the selection rounds, the candidate will get the results regarding the admission
Top Colleges in India for MBA:
|Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC)||Delhi|
|Lady Sriram College for Women||Delhi|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai|
|Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce||Mumbai|
|Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce||Pune|
|St. Joseph’s College of Commerce||Bangalore|
|Hans Raj College||Delhi|
|Madras Christian College||Chennai|
Reference Books for M.Com:
- Principal of Economics by R. G. Lipsey and K. A. Chrystal
- Economic Development in the Third World by M. A. Todaro
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting by Ashok Sehgal and Deepak Sehgal
- Corporate Accounting by S.N. Maheshwari, and S.K. Maheshwari
- Cost Accounting, Principles, Methods and Techniques by B.M. Lall Nigam and I.C. Jain
- Statistics for Management by Richard Levin and David S. Rubin
- Business Mathematics by J. K. Sharma
- Principles of Management by Tripathi, P.C
- Business Law by P.C. Tulsian
- Ramesh General Knowledge & Current Affairs