MJMC or Master in Journalism and Mass Communication is a postgraduate program. Mass Communication is the study of mass media including all types of medium used to convey information to the audience. The aim of this course is to teach honest and progressive journalism to the students and to remove the veil of darkness and ignorance from the society. The course is helpful to provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge in various media professions ranging from the management of media organisation to research and an integrated perspective of media functioning along with a fair amount of exposure to technical know-how to hone the student’s analytical skills.
Master in Journalism and Mass Communication Eligibility:
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with 50% marks (Reservation as per notified norms).
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination for admission.
- The course is suitable to prepare the students to join news organisations such as newspapers, magazines, radio, and television.
- They possess audience development skills such as managing online communities, interpreting data on audience behaviour, crowdsourcing for information, interacting with the audience.
- They should have knowledge of the business of media; be able to help a news organisation generate revenues without compromising their ethics and today that skill is more important than ever.
Looking for Latest News & Updates About MJMC in Top Collegs Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below:
Admission Procedure for Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication:
- Admission to Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication program is through both entrance examination and merit-based. Certain universities offer both direct admission and entrance based admission to the program. However, few Universities require Candidates to have given any of the applicable Entrance Exams for M.Sc Biotechnology.
- Candidates who are applying for the Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication program should beforehand have their results from the respective Entrance Exams required by the selected/opted Universities.
- Applications for admissions can be availed either from the University website or by visiting the Admissions Office of the same. Candidates will have to fill out the required details in a match with the existing documents.
- Candidates are advised to have a look at the list of Entrance Exams applicable for Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication, for various Universities. Candidates should also make sure they qualify in the Education Eligibility criteria with the minimum required marks.
Advantages/Benefits of Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication:
- M.A. (Mass Communication & Journalism) degree serves as a basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as PhD and M.Phil. Degree in Mass Communication & Journalism. On completion of this degree, a student can apply for the UGC-NET or JRF exam; the success in these exams makes teaching or research as good options.
- M.A. (Mass Communication & Journalism) degree holders can opt for specialisations in various sub-fields of Journalism such as Sports Journalism, Science Journalism, Environmental Journalism, Fashion Journalism, etc, Advertising, Film Making, Advertising, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, etc.
- M.A. (Mass Communication & Journalism) degree study opens up possibilities in related fields and a variety of careers in films & TV, publishing, public relations, journalism, editing, direction, filmmaking, scriptwriting, production, advertising, etc.
- Careers in Mass Communication and journalism are not only high paying but also bring in a great deal of job satisfaction and expression of creativity.
Top Colleges for Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication:
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication – IIMC New Delhi, New Delhi
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication – SIMC Pune, Pune
Entrance Exams for Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication:
- India Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) Entrance Exam.
- Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi Entrance Exam.
- GGSIPU CET Entrance Exam.
- Delhi University (BMMMC) Entrance Exam.
- MGM College, Entrance Exam.
- AUCET Entrance Exam.
- Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam.
Entrance Exam Pattern for Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication:
- Candidates are advised to go through the topics in their Bachelor level of education and before for better understanding of the topics and to successfully crack the Entrance Examinations.
- Candidates should also refer previous year question paper samples and solve mock question papers for a clear idea of the examination and for better performance during the actual exam.