M.A. Master of Arts
Master of Arts Degree is a Postgraduate Academic Master Degree which is awarded for a course or program in a non-scientific subject. It is also known as M.A. which is an abbreviated form of Masters Degree in Arts. It is normally a 2 years program. The program is available in various subjects including various languages such as English, Hindi and other regional languages and foreign languages. The Master of Arts Degree course is held in 2 semesters. There are 4 or 5 Papers which one has to pass in order to acquire M.A. Masters Degree Programs in Arts involves lectures, examination, and seminars. Masters Degree in Arts is provided all over India in various Universities. Some of the most popular universities in India are Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, Alagappa Universities, Andhra University, Assam University etc. Master of Arts Course is also available through Correspondence or Distance Education. The salary packages for jobs are determined by the specializations taken up by the graduate and the job placements they receive after the program. The candidate applying for M.A. should have completed bachelor’s degree in respective subject with Honours. There are some entrance exams conducted by the colleges or universities for getting admission to M.A. The candidate should clear the exam with good marks. The candidate also faces personal interview. After clearing these criteria successfully, the candidate can get admission to respective university or college.
Additionally, a Master of Arts can lead to post-graduate study in a Ph.D. program. Specialized subjects within disciplines in the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and sometimes Business and Law, fall within the academic realm of Master of Arts. MA candidates are often required to complete research and present a thesis paper prior to completion of their degree.
- The candidate applying for M.A. have completed bachelor’s degree in respective subjects.
- There are some entrance exams conducted by the colleges or universities for getting admission to M.A.
- The candidates are going to have a personal interview.
- After clearing these criteria successfully, the candidate can get admission to respective university or college.
How to Apply for Master of Arts:
- Go to the preferred college website.
- Choose the specialization you want under Master of Arts.
- Check the eligibility criteria for Master of Arts in the Institute
- Fill in the application form
- Pay the application fees.
- SPMVV PGCET
- India Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC)
- FTII, Pune
- GGSIPU CET Exam