B.M.M. or Bachelor of Mass Media is an undergraduate Mass Communications Course dealing with communication mediums used by the masses. It includes newspapers, magazines, cinema films, radio, television, etc. The duration of the course is generally 3 years with 6 Semesters. In the 3rd year, the students have to choose an area of specialisation like Journalism and Advertising; these may vary from institute to institute. On-job training is also provided through an internship in the 2nd year of this course. Apart from these, seminars, group discussions and field visits are frequently undertaken in the course of 3 years. Mass communication course curriculum covers a wide area, comprising of closely related fields of advertisement, communication and public relations. The course can be pursued on a Full-Time Basis or Part-Time Basis (distance education).
- Bachelor of Mass Media requires candidates to be passed in 12th class (10+2) or equivalent in any Stream.
- Percentage requirement may vary from Institute to Institute.
- Some Institutes also conduct an entrance examination/test for getting admission to this degree course. The entrance examination/test generally consist of a written paper, group discussion and personal interview.
Looking for Latest News & Updates About BMM in Top Colleges Through Email or Sms, Enter Your Details Below:
Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Mass Media:
- Admission to Bachelor of Mass Media program is through merit-based. Certain universities offer both direct admission and entrance based admission to the program. However, few Universities require Candidates to have given any of the applicable Entrance Exams for Bachelor of Mass Media.
- Candidates who are applying for the Bachelor of Mass Media program should beforehand have their results from the respective Entrance Exams required by the selected/opted Universities.
- Applications for admissions can be availed either from the University website or by visiting the Admissions Office of the same. Candidates will have to fill out the required details in a match with the existing documents.
- Candidates are advised to have a look at the list of Entrance Exams applicable for Bachelor of Mass Media, for various Universities. Candidates should also make sure they qualify in the Education Eligibility criteria with the minimum required marks.
Advantages/Benefits of Bachelor of Mass Media:
- Careers in Mass Media are not only high paying but also bring in a great deal of job satisfaction and expression of creativity.
- A degree course in mass media opens doors for a variety of careers in films & TV, publishing, public relations, journalism, editing, direction, filmmaking, scriptwriting, production, etc.
- Opening up of media sector for foreign investment is expected to create new jobs in the field for B.A. (Mass Media) degree holders.
- Today there is a huge demand for B.A. (Mass Media) degree holders as more and more news channels will come up in the coming times.
- Technically qualified media professionals have plentiful opportunities in India as the country is the largest producer of films in the world.
- News Corporation of Rupert Murdoch, Disney Entertainment, Warner Brothers, CNBC, Guardian Group, BBC, ABC, etc are some of the large media groups which offer very lucrative jobs in the field of mass communication.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Mass Media:
We have made a list of the Top Colleges In India for Candidates wishing to pursue Bachelor of Mass Media:
- Patna University, Patna
- Arya Post Graduate College, Panipat
- Karim City College, Jamshedpur